Prolific Just Requested My Home Address

Njsurveyman

Just logged into Prolific and they requested my home address to verify my payment method. Anyone else experience this? I wasn't even trying to cash out, but it appeared they now require your home address to cash out. 

I think this is the same site I waited six months to join. THEN they wanted my drivers license to join. I was very disappointed but decided I didn't want to put my drivers license out there on the web. So I didn't join.

Maybe they are cracking down on requirements to join/ cash out?

I remember them asking me for my passport in order to validate my account. They made joining their site extremely tedious by putting me on a waiting list and then asking for documents just so I could take some surveys. I didn't bother with them after that. 

1 hour ago, Oshawott said:

I remember them asking me for my passport in order to validate my account. They made joining their site extremely tedious by putting me on a waiting list and then asking for documents just so I could take some surveys. I didn't bother with them after that. 

This is exactly what happened to me (see above post). There is a back story as to why this happened as I have been told it hasn't always been like this with Prolific. Maybe someone can post what caused this change in Prolific?

I received an email from Prolific explaining they need address and DOB to verify Paypal Payment information to avoid scams. However, I was never asked for my Gov ID. I would drop them if they asked for anything more personal going forward even though they are my highest money maker.

• Like 1

My home address I would have no problem with.  When I sign up for market research panels, they usually ask for my home address in case they are going to send me payment.

I got that too. I didn't see any problem with it since I had to give my address to so many sites when they mailed you checks. And many surveys ask for your birthday.

On 12/21/2023 at 6:48 AM, mnleona said:

Home address I would give but NEVER my passport info.

They wanted my driver's  license.  Wouldn't give my passport either! Home address is fine.

4 hours ago, somelady said:

I got that too. I didn't see any problem with it since I had to give my address to so many sites when they mailed you checks. And many surveys ask for your birthday.

I'm totally OK with home address (and birthday)for same reasons you state. But NEVER passport or driver's license!

• Like 1