Are Suvey Sites Dying Off?

OldMan

I used to be on a number of survey sites while I was going through some time in the hospital because it was a distraction from the stress of the hospital environment.  Now I am retired so I do them when the weather is lousy, especially during hurricane season when going outside is miserable due to the humidity alone around here.  Well, I am back checking things out, and it seems to me like there are many fewer survey sites than there used to be.  I don't like some of the ones that are still online because they are increasingly intrusive, wanting government-issued I.D. in addition to cell phone numbers and so forth.  I can't imagine that I am the only one who is uncomfortable with this so I have for the most part decided that watching television etc. is a better way to pass the time until the flood threats pass. 

Anyone else get the impression that the survey industry is dying away?  That would make sense because selling our I.D. information would certainly be a great way to raise more revenue for themselves.  That would also explain the recent complaints I am seeing here about not getting paid for completed surveys when the rewards are such a pittance anyway.

I don't really think there are less survey sites out there. Maybe I am wrong about that. But what I do know is that so many of these sites are dishonest, far to invasive ( as you stated), or a big waste of time. 

I've quit so many sites as they  just aren't lucrative and big time-wasters. I was thrown out of LifePoints ( was with them sunce their inception) when I cashed out for $100. They never give anyone  a reason, no such thing as loyalty, and they keep your money. Most people get thrown out when they cash out so I guess that is their nefarious way of not paying. I learned a lesson, though..cash out asap and don't wait for big cash outs.

I only beling to 3 sites that  i actively work on, Tellwut, Branded, and Paid Viewpoint. I belong to a handful of others that i barely ever hear from and i try to log on about once a week just to see if there is anything available. 

So I belong to far less sites than I did in past years. But that is by choice. I work full-time, have my own business, have times when I can take surveys at work since I am usually there 14 to 16 hours a day.

I am a single mom( my office is in my home), was widowed at an early age and desperately need the extra cash. I have 3 kids and loads of expenses. Sometimes I have given up on surveys for months at a time as I get so utterly disgusted with the blatant dishonesty, not getting paid. But I always seem to come back. A glutton for punishment, perhaps? We need laws to protect us but I don't think this will ever happen. 

Sometimes I take on more clients to make more money rather than take surveys. All in all, I do believe survey sites have gotten worse and worse and pay less and less.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

All in all, I do believe survey sites have gotten worse and worse and pay less and less.

Agreed 100%!!!! I haven't done any surveys in some time now because whenever I started one, I was DQed VERY fast. And I also got tired of the repetitious questions about age, where do you live, marital status, ethnicity and income bracket, just to name a few.

There are far less honest and fair survey sites these days that are enjoyable to work for. I definitely feel this way. I dropped so many over the years for going downhill and being dishonest. Only a few really good ones are left. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NFriday said:

It seems like more survey companies are consolidating, and I am not crazy about that.  Look at how many sites that have been taken over by Toluna?  

What I see happening is more along the lines of a company having multiple sites merging them into a single one.