How to get started being a mock juror??

natofborg

One of the online survey companies that I participate in, I got selected to be on a mock jury about a month ago. it was on a Saturday from 9 to 5, and I walked out with a check for $300  

How do I find out more of these opportunities? I found it really fascinating and I enjoyed the day and I would like to do these more often if possible. Does anybody know of any particular websites that I can sign up with for this?

• natofborg changed the title to How to get started being a mock juror??

I did this maybe five years ago, and I found it interesting, and I got paid $250, and got a free lunch.  I have found out though once you have done one mock jury, it is very hard to get another one.  They want fresh blood.  A few months ago though, I thought I was going to get another one, but it fell through.  Before the pandemic in Chicago, there was a mock jury that had to attend an actual trial, which was going to last for approximately three weeks, and then the people in the mock jury had to meet afterwards every day to discuss what went on in the courtroom.  I believe they paid $250 a day, which would be equivalent to $3,750 for the whole three weeks.  You absolutely had to agree to attend every day, and I think the trial started a week before Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately I did not get that one..

You might try going on Craig's List to see if there are any mock jury studies.  I used to visit Craigslist, but I get so many emails from survey companies that I don't need to.