Survey issues with Google Chrome?

Oshawott

These past few days I've been having issues accessing surveys on mypoints specifically while using Google Chrome. Many survey links send me to blank pages that won't load properly, and in rare instances where some pages do load, the pages won't accept my information such as my birthdate which I'm suddenly told isn't valid.

Now at first I assumed it was just a problem with their site, but these problems don't happen when I use Google Chrome's Incognito Mode. Also somewhat related, but I noticed last night that some CAPTCHAs on other sites don't work properly either when I use the regular Chrome browser, but work just fine when I use Incognito Mode. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies on the affected sites, but that doesn't resolve the problems. Is my version of Chrome just glitchy or what?

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with Chrome, at least not so far. I always try to have the most updated version which may or may not help. 

I always thought Google Chrome was the browser of choice for surveys, but maybe not anymore? I've hathemselves asap! Microsoft Edge and Firefox in the pSt so almost exclusively use Chrome.

I hope your problems resolve tthemselves asap!

• Like 1

Never have used Chrome unless a site required it. Used to use Edge , but now use Firefox as it is faster.

I have problems using Microsoft Edge to do surveys.  It seems like Edge crashes on me too much.  I still use it to search on the internet though so I can get my Microsoft Rewards.  I seems to do best with Google as far as doing surveys, and I never have any problems with Chrome.  I did a Forthright and a YouGov survey today on Chrome.  I just cashed out on Forthright for a $29 Amazon GC.

• Like 1

Here are the typical steps to resolve browser issues:

1. Restart your browser.  Make sure you use "exit" and open a new session.  Don't just close the browser window.
  2. Make sure you are running the latest version and/or there is no pending update waiting for a browser restart. (step one should fix the latter)
  3. Clear your browser cached files and images
  4. Clear your browser cookies
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the browser

Based on the description that it works in incognito and not in regular mode, one of the steps from 1-4 should correct the issue.

16 hours ago, episemion said:

Never have used Chrome unless a site required it. Used to use Edge , but now use Firefox as it is faster.

I really liked Firefox but had problems using it. I switched to Chrome and haven't had many problems, not yet. Guess it all depends on a lot of factors as to which browser works best.

2 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

I really liked Firefox but had problems using it. I switched to Chrome and haven't had many problems, not yet. Guess it all depends on a lot of factors as to which browser works best.

What problems with Firefox?

3 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

Survey doesn't load,  surveys are very slow. 

No issues here.

• Like 1

Not sure which one (I think it maybe it was Swagbucks) but yesterday they had which browsers were used the most and Chrome was  # 1. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mnleona said:

Not sure which one (I think it maybe it was Swagbucks) but yesterday they had which browsers were used the most and Chrome was  # 1. 

It was Opinion Outpost.

What’s your default web browser?
  • Google Chrome  62.57%  (2,113 votes) 

• Safari  15.07%  (509 votes) 

• Microsoft Edge  11.22%  (379 votes) 

• Mozilla Firefox  5.69%  (192 votes) 

• Other  3.14%  (106 votes) 

• Samsung internet  1.21%  (41 votes) 

• Opera  1.1%  (37 votes) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update: After about a week of switching to using the Firefox browser, I eventually resumed using Google Chrome again out of curiosity and the issue that I mentioned was finally resolved, on its own apparently. It's been almost two weeks since I sent mypoints a help request ticket about the situation, but of course they never replied.

Now there's an issue of them not paying me despite it being 7 days since I requested a cash out, and all my previous cash outs have only taken 2 or 3 days at most. I'm really starting to regret joining that site. It's nearly impossible to get a response from them when something goes wrong or even just when asking for clarification about minor issues...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oshawott said:

An update: After about a week of switching to using the Firefox browser, I eventually resumed using Google Chrome again out of curiosity and the issue that I mentioned was finally resolved, on its own apparently. It's been almost two weeks since I sent mypoints a help request ticket about the situation, but of course they never replied.

Now there's an issue of them not paying me despite it being 7 days since I requested a cash out, and all my previous cash outs have only taken 2 or 3 days at most. I'm really starting to regret joining that site. It's nearly impossible to get a response from them when something goes wrong or even just when asking for clarification about minor issues...

Did you resent? They are usually good about payments.