Spamming

paulgro

A survey company keeps spamming me to join. I looked it up and the name is Asking Opinion, I can get anywhere from 6 to 12 spam emails a day. I never even knew they existed until all this spam came my way.

1 hour ago, paulgro said:

A survey company keeps spamming me to join. I looked it up and the name is Asking Opinion, I can get anywhere from 6 to 12 spam emails a day. I never even knew they existed until all this spam came my way.

I would do one of two things. I'd block their emails and/or find their CS address and write to them and ask them to stop sending you emails. 

This panel and spamming from them sounds familiar to me. They have a 2.8 star rating out of 5 stars on  Trust Pilot.

Good Luck!

8 hours ago, paulgro said:

I was also getting a lot of emails from them and clicked unsubscribe at the bottom of the email that was a few days ago and so far I haven't received any more.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try the unsubscribed and see what happens. I wanted to make sure it was from them. I will never join them if they have to Spam to get users. 

• Thanks 1

I have been spammed by them lately too.  I signed up with them back in November, and the one day I tried to do a bunch of their surveys, I kept getting DQ.  They mostly deal with partner surveys.  After spending over an hour on their site, and not being eligible for any of their surveys, I decided to cal it quits, and I have not done any surveys since then.  I did not get any surveys from them for at least a month, and then several weeks ago they started spamming me with surveys.  I finally just unsubscribed from them, and after I hit the unsubscribe button, I got a message that they are going to miss me, and then the screen to sign up for the site came up again.  I hope I don't get any more surveys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did just that, unsubscribed even though I never subscribed to them in the first place. Yes, all the spam from them stopped. Just seems like a dumb way to get members doing that.

14 minutes ago, paulgro said:

I did just that, unsubscribed even though I never subscribed to them in the first place. Yes, all the spam from them stopped. Just seems like a dumb way to get members doing that.

Glad it stopped

Easy fix but still annoying

• Like 1

i was able to get on the site but have no option to unsubscribe.I emailed them and amazingly i got a reply.they told me they would unsubscribe me but i needed to go to me profile to have my data removed.How do you do that if you never subscibed? probably did one of there surveys on Tellwut or mypoints.They put a fingerprint on you computer so no whatt you do.I am ready to give up on surveys and i am down to YouGov and Paidviewpoint.Unsubscibed from all the rest

I just clicked on one of their emails, and there was a link to unsubscribe.  Once I unsubscribed, the emails stopped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 10:45 AM, kaminikij said:

i was able to get on the site but have no option to unsubscribe.I emailed them and amazingly i got a reply.they told me they would unsubscribe me but i needed to go to me profile to have my data removed.How do you do that if you never subscibed? probably did one of there surveys on Tellwut or mypoints.They put a fingerprint on you computer so no whatt you do.I am ready to give up on surveys and i am down to YouGov and Paidviewpoint.Unsubscibed from all the rest

Their FAQs section of their site, the last question tells you how to delete your data or your account. Can't remember too much how it was worded, but I just remember reading all their FAQs one day when bored.:P

Before signing up or doing any surveys on any site I usually always make sure I can locate the "Delete my account" info before continue too far just in case it's not my cup of tea. If you can't find it, I can try to screenshot it and post it here. :lol: Once I figure out this new laptop out a little more.

• 4 weeks later...

They merged with youropinion. If you belonged to youropinion they sent an email about the merge. I didn't get this until Feb. and then the emails from askingopinion started that same day.

10 hours ago, somelady said:

They merged with youropinion. If you belonged to youropinion they sent an email about the merge. I didn't get this until Feb. and then the emails from askingopinion started that same day.

Funny thing, I recently got this email  and I was never a member. 

• Like 1