A 'Controversial' topic

Mommabear

I have been putting off writing about this but it is happening more often and is not a 'coincidence'

I have taken several surveys that end up being political in nature ( the political questions begin when you are halfway done)  Lately they call for not just multiple choice but well thought out responses, which take considerable time. I respond diplomatically in my responses. Surveys can be about 15 minutes to complete. Once I hit submit, the message of: you don't qualify pops up.. Wasted time... but even more frustrating is that whoever created the survey is biased.

I would like to know if anyone has come across this issue as well?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mommabear said:

I have been putting off writing about this but it is happening more often and is not a 'coincidence'

I have taken several surveys that end up being political in nature ( the political questions begin when you are halfway done)  Lately they call for not just multiple choice but well thought out responses, which take considerable time. I respond diplomatically in my responses. Surveys can be about 15 minutes to complete. Once I hit submit, the message of: you don't qualify pops up.. Wasted time... but even more frustrating is that whoever created the survey is biased.

Same here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mommabear said:

I am so glad you posted this. This has happened  to me as well, two or three times. Bet there is more to come.

Kind of scary to think that if they don't like your answers they are not counted. Only the  "liked" answers are accepted. Makes political polls totally invalid!

• Like 3

I have not run into any of those political surveys you are talking about.  Usually the only survey company I get political surveys from is YouGov

13 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

I am so glad you posted this. This has happened  to me as well, two or three times. Bet there is more to come.

Kind of scary to think that if they don't like your answers they are not counted. Only the  "liked" answers are accepted. Makes political polls totally invalid!

Agree. Kind of like the J D Power ones that seem to want results skewed to favor the client.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NFriday said:

I have not run into any of those political surveys you are talking about.  Usually the only survey company I get political surveys from is YouGov

Those that I have gotten on sites that were from YouGov were OK. Those from other companies , not so much.

• Like 1

This is why while I take surveys, I pay no attention to the results, especially political surveys. Too many are too biased. I think we've seen in the past how inaccurate political polls and such are. Manipulated to get the desired results.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2024 at 3:29 PM, Sandy21 said:

Of course- we are conspiracy theorists!

On 1/27/2024 at 5:20 AM, episemion said:

Those that I have gotten on sites that were from YouGov were OK. Those from other companies , not so much.

Yes, YouGov is fine.. it's the others that pop up on Prime Opinions

On 1/26/2024 at 3:03 PM, episemion said:

Same here.

They don't make an attempt to even hide what they're doing

I've never liked the political surveys. I avoid them like the plague.  They are mostly biased and if they don't like your answers you get screened out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jipsyjo30 said:

I've never liked the political surveys. I avoid them like the plague.  They are mostly biased and if they don't like your answers you get screened out.

I SO agree with EVERY word you have said!

• Like 1

I've had the same outcome.  And I've complained about this before.  The only political surveys I take now are Survey Cat.  I never get dq'ed from those.  I've also notice this problem with university/college surveys so I exit those before I even start.

• Like 1

This just proves why political polls are biased. If they don't "like" your answers, they don't always include that data in the results. 

• Like 4