my most hated surveys.... surveys about movies and the cat political one

elsielc

Assets usually mean money you have in the bank, value of stocks, value of any property you own besides your own home, etc., although they usually word it as being investible assets. That's different from income.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 4:18 PM, spider said:

I love the cat surveys. They usually take under ten mins and so far I've always qualified and been rewarded. It's the only survey I trust I'll get paid. If it's a movie survey I put my age as 4 instead of 45 and dq. 

I like doing surveycat also but I hate when they include tiktok videos.  Evaluating political ads or news is one thing, listening to someone's uneducated opinions is another.  I just took a political survey tonight (not surveycat) that lasted about a half hour, then didn't take me back to get rewarded.  When I went back to the survey site myself, there was no way I could complain about the lost points.  This is the reason I hate doing these political surveys. 

I do a lot of political surveys on YouGov, and I rarely get DQ, and I always get my points.  The surveys there in general are interesting too.

On 2/14/2024 at 11:41 AM, Sandy21 said:

Thank you for explaining. I have never seen that.

On 2/14/2024 at 10:59 PM, Joyce65 said:

I love survey cat.  Sometimes it's the only survey I can score points on for some survey sites.  I hate some of the videos they show though.  Some amateur "newscaster"/tiktokker/influencer with fake interviews acting all stupid.  Please (eyeroll).  I don't know where they dig them up from.

I do too.    I usually do something else while the videos are running, if I can.  At least they credit!

• Thanks 1

They do sometimes ask for your first and last name, I suppose to see if you're really registered to vote, and I just back out of those.

I hate spending a lot of time on a survey only to have it not redirect. I did one from Baylor University yesterday. It lasted about 20 minutes. At the end it said my answers had been recorded and thanks for your time, etc. Then it never directed back to the survey site so I didn't get the points. This is why I tend to stick to surveys no longer than 15 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, I got a survey from the company that always DQs me. Then they make you write what you liked or disliked about the survey before they redirect you. In the past I've given them one star and written that I wish they'd let me finish one. Today I said I wish they'd just let us go rather than make us write stuff if they don't like us.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Useless said:

Once again, I got a survey from the company that always DQs me. Then they make you write what you liked or disliked about the survey before they redirect you. In the past I've given them one star and written that I wish they'd let me finish one. Today I said I wish they'd just let us go rather than make us write stuff if they don't like us.

I have had that one and give it a 1 star and remark that I want my points.

• Thanks 1

I just had that one that asks for word associations and asks if you know what some nonsense word means. Then they asked if I knew the name of every Major League Baseball player who ever played. I don't think that's a good one to ask because there probably are some people who do know that.

• Like 1

I despise the survey where you are asked if you buy this and that. It's supposed to take 10 or 15 minutes to complete the survey. But if you REALLY answer all the questions it can take up to an hour or more. 

Next step, they give you a list of every store in the universe that might or might not sell each and every product you mentioned that you bought. You are supposed to check off all rhe stores where you boughr the product. Screen after screen asks you the same thing for every product you said you bought.

I never take these surveys. a big, boring waste of time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Or the one that wants your opinion of a bunch of companies that have maybe two in the list that I've even heard of. Then they ask you to rate each one in 20 different things, like how they treat their employees and how well they conserve energy. How should I know, I never heard of the place?

Got something new just now. The survey warned against using A.I. to answer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've had my fair share of frustration with surveys that promise one thing and then bam, disqualification or endless loops. 

It's why I've quit taking surveys longer than 15 or 20 minutes. I don't want to spend 40 minutes on a survey only to get DQ'd at the end or have it freeze so I don't get my points. Of course, I still get roped into those that say the survey is 30 minutes long after you clicked on a 10-minute one, but I dump those if it looks too long.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Useless said:

It's why I've quit taking surveys longer than 15 or 20 minutes. I don't want to spend 40 minutes on a survey only to get DQ'd at the end or have it freeze so I don't get my points. Of course, I still get roped into those that say the survey is 30 minutes long after you clicked on a 10-minute one, but I dump those if it looks too long.

I had a survey about sustainable food/farming tonight for 15 minutes & 30 points.  After about a half hour (already). I wasn't even halfway thru the survey.  I closed it out.  Wasting time frustrates me to no end.  And the survey cat survey I took now has 4 videos to watch and the videos are getting longer.  I feel like I'm watching the evening news bc it's so long.  What happened to watching just political ads?  GRRR

• Like 2

I blush to admit it, but I sorta like that little cat.  It reminds me of the lawyer with a cat screener stuck to his face during a remote court conference who insisted:  "I am not a cat."

Different... strokes? 

• Haha 1