Impossible security codes!

jipsyjo30

Am I the only one with a problem copying the security codes with a line through them? I never get them right on the first try, even though it seems like I am entering it correctly! Here is a pic of what they usually look like.

Please try again.jpg

• Like 3

Rarely an issue , but have had some where a request for a new code was in order for clarity.

12 hours ago, jipsyjo30 said:

Am I the only one with a problem copying the security codes with a line through them? I never get them right on the first try, even though it seems like I am entering it correctly! Here is a pic of what they usually look like.

Please try again.jpg

I get these all the time. Sometimes I get them copied correctly, sometimes not. They are not easy for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I get those and sometimes have entered up to 5 before they say it's right and I can easily read and copy the code.  Just a tactic to frustrate us or maybe confuse a computer program.  Like a computer would mess with these things.

• Like 1

I hate then too. Sometimes I am sure I typed it  correctly  and I am wrong. I try and try and try...frustration!

• Like 1

I hate them but worse are the captcha pictures. Click on all of the motorcycles. Do I click on the end of the back wheel which is also in a box? I guess not because they give me another one and on. and on. These are ridiculous. Of course I'm not a robot. They really insult our intelligence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cricket said:

I hate them but worse are the captcha pictures. Click on all of the motorcycles. Do I click on the end of the back wheel which is also in a box? I guess not because they give me another one and on. and on. These are ridiculous. Of course I'm not a robot. They really insult our intelligence.

Yeah, I remember a captcha picture that asked me to select all the hedgehogs. The only problem was other animals looked extremely similar like porcupines, moles, and shrews.  Or sometimes the images are very blurry...ugh!

I got in trouble on mypoints because the captcha kept saying I wasn't clicking correctly, so I got banned from doing surveys.  I had to go back and ask about the whole scenario of the captcha situation.  I still hate captcha but at least I was allowed to start doing surveys again.  

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 10:47 PM, jipsyjo30 said:

Yeah, I remember a captcha picture that asked me to select all the hedgehogs. The only problem was other animals looked extremely similar like porcupines, moles, and shrews.  Or sometimes the images are very blurry...ugh!

And recently I've been getting ones with very grainy pictures that could be almost anything.

• Like 4

The other problem with those photo ones is how small some of the pictures are. Pick all the photos with traffic lights. Well, it looks like there's a wire across the road about a mile away, but I can't really tell if there's a traffic signal hanging down or not.

I hate those grainy ones too. I had one with bicycles the other day, and one click was just a lucky guess, because I couldn't tell what the thing was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Useless said:

The other problem with those photo ones is how small some of the pictures are. Pick all the photos with traffic lights. Well, it looks like there's a wire across the road about a mile away, but I can't really tell if there's a traffic signal hanging down or not.

I hate those grainy ones too. I had one with bicycles the other day, and one click was just a lucky guess, because I couldn't tell what the thing was.

It's pretty much a guessing game with a lot of these photos...never straightforward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

It's pretty much a guessing game with a lot of these photos...never straightforward. 

Have had a few that took some looking , but overall , haven't had any major issues.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, episemion said:

Have had a few that took some looking , but overall , haven't had any major issues.

I've really had issues with them. I am sure they are correct but apparently not . It's frustrating when you do everything to the best of your ability and it doesn't work out.

• Like 1