Anyone else just randomly stop getting surveys from Surveys On The Go?

gothicnaturefreak

I've been putting off posting about this for quite a while. I actually tried to post this question a few times on reddit.com r/beermoney which is normally a good place to talk/ask about survey sites etc but for some reason my posts kept getting removed for no apparent reason that I can see. Maybe they considered it a complaint/rant which they had a specific mega thread for but others have made similar posts and they weren't removed, so I don't get it.

Anyway, in 2022 I did extremely well on the app. Been a member on there since like 2017 or 2018. Never had issues with them. Until early November 2022. Suddenly all the surveys just stopped coming through. Usually I'd get at least a couple a week. But nothing. Then another week went by and another, another etc. Nothing. Months went by, still nothing. I tried different things like uninstalling and reinstalling the app, logging out and back in again etc. Exactly once, after the first time trying those things, I managed to finally get a notification for a survey available but of course by the time I saw it and tapped on it, it said it's no longer available. Then more months went by, again nothing. I finally sent customer service a message and their reply was something like, "Sorry but our app is only available to US residents at this time..." What the heck makes them think I'm outside the US?! I never left and I've never in my life even traveled outside the US. So I don't know where they're getting that idea from. And no, I'm not using any VPN's or anything like that. Maybe they just gave me some goofy answer, or didn't want to bother looking more into it?  Anyway, it's 2024 and still nothing. I don't know what's wrong. I'm wondering if they had some kind of update or something and that somehow messed something up? I think I had location tracking turned off when the app was working good for me so I wouldn't think that's the issue unless something changed. I turned it back on and that didn't fix anything. They keep bugging me to join payday/turn on digital surveys but I haven't yet. I'm a little tempted to, just to see if that would somehow fix the problem but on the other hand I don't really trust them because of no surveys coming through and the goofy customer service response I got. 

So I'm curious if anyone else has experienced something like this? Is there a fix for it? I'm tempted to just quit but I've held on for as long as I have hoping that maybe one day the problem would just have fixed itself somehow. But it hasn't. I've tried doing a search on this issue to see if others talked about the same thing but I haven't seen much.

It's a huge shame cause I really liked the app and like I said, never had any other problems with it. But now this. If it doesn't get fixed, I think I'm just going to have to quit. 

Thanks for any replies.  

Yes. I got rid of SOTG last year because I stopped getting any relevant surveys. I recently reinstalled it last week thinking things would have gotten better but they haven't. In fact it's gotten worse. I have been on the go and haven't received one single survey. And as for any other surveys? Well they keeo giving out the SAME survey over and over and over and over. They give you a survey about cable television shows. I got 5 of that same survey in a row back to back to back to back to back. I do not get any other surveys. If I do I get disqualified before I even enter my info. I NEVER get approved for a survey unless it's about cable t.v. and even then I get disqualified for those. And the higher paying surveys if and I mean if they ever show up? You get immediately disqualified as soon as you click on it. And then the final complaint I have for song is the fact that it turns itself off of your permissions every single day and I have to turn it back on every single day. The app is broken.

But in Sotg defense I take other online surveys and none of them are giving surveys either. It's been dry lately. 

For me it's been over a year since I've been able to take any surveys, nothing has been showing up. No notifications. Although recently they keep bugging me to join their digital surveys/payday thing. It's a bummer cause when it was working I made some bucks. I even did their meal journal survey thing that lasts a week and got $20 for it in 2022. You'd think surveys like that would show up once in a while cause they seemed to do those pretty regularly but like I said it's been absolutely nothing. Their customer service was no help at all. Maybe I'll send them another message just to see what they say? 

• 2 weeks later...

try logging out... delete the app.... redownload, and log back in... been getting plenty of surveys

On The Go has gone downhill. 99% of the surveys either DQ or do not give me the incentive after I get through the entire survey (DQ on very last screen). However, I did qualify for a product test recently from one of their surveys. I got the product, completed all the associated requirements and surveys, and should be getting $80 for it this Friday. Thats the only reason why I keep them cause I do get a lucky every now and then.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Njsurveyman said:

On The Go has gone downhill. 99% of the surveys either DQ or do not give me the incentive after I get through the entire survey (DQ on very last screen). However, I did qualify for a product test recently from one of their surveys. I got the product, completed all the associated requirements and surveys, and should be getting $80 for it this Friday. Thats the only reason why I keep them cause I do get a lucky every now and then.

That is a good reward.

• Thanks 1

I've seen some posts on r/beermoney about this too, so you're not alone. It sounds like you've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps without luck. Customer service's response seems off, especially if you've always been in the US.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oops, I tried to quote someone here and it didn't work. I tried again below. 

On 3/16/2024 at 9:00 AM, AMAZINGCHICO2 said:

try logging out... delete the app.... redownload, and log back in... been getting plenty of surveys

I've done all that several times. Doesn't fix whatever the problem is. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 2:34 AM, Samanthana23 said:

I've seen some posts on r/beermoney about this too, so you're not alone. It sounds like you've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps without luck. Customer service's response seems off, especially if you've always been in the US.

Yeah, it just baffles me that they would tell me, "Sorry but this app is only available to US residents at this time.", what even gave them the idea that I'm not in the US?! It's goofy. 

On 4/5/2024 at 1:19 PM, gothicnaturefreak said:

Yeah, it just baffles me that they would tell me, "Sorry but this app is only available to US residents at this time.", what even gave them the idea that I'm not in the US?! It's goofy. 

It's very weird.