Annoying and a bit threatening

Sandy21

I have never run into anything  like this before. But today when I attempted to take a survey for Clear Voice I was told to retype all of the following. I did this and at the end they seem to threaten a double punishment!  

I didn't  particularly like retyping all of this but to be threatened as well? I jumped through there hoops and of course I was disqualified after about 15  minutes. 

Here's what I'm talking about:

Important: This survey contains various mechanisms used to catch those that respond carelessly randomly to the survey questions.  If you are caught doing so,  you will not be given credit for your participation and may be subject to additional penalties. 

Ever run across this before? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I do surveys for Clear Voice, and I have never gotten anything like that.  I have not been eligible for any of their surveys for at least a week though.  I still get $.10 for most of the surveys I am not eligible for.

• Like 1

I joined Clear Voice because you recommended it as well as others here on SP. I don't qualify for much but i do like the 10 cents for trying.

THIS nasty little ditty really annoyed me, having to copy it, wasting 15 minutes, and the threat at the end. Hope I never see this again.

I just tried to do four surveys for Clear Voice, and I was not eligible for any of them, but I got $.10 for each one.  There is one which is a new community called Table Talk.  The group that I would have fallen in, was full.

• Like 1

I would avoid those {PROFANITY DELECTED] like the plague!!!!! They sound like they're crazy!!!!!

There is a survey on Clear Voice worth $5 for those people who have osteoporosis.  I still have not gotten the same ominous warning that you got Sandy.  I did get something new when I started doing surveys for them tonight that listed all the rules, and they wanted to know if I agreed to abide by them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFriday said:

I just tried to do four surveys for Clear Voice, and I was not eligible for any of them, but I got $.10 for each one.  There is one which is a new community called Table Talk.  The group that I would have fallen in, was full.

I've been a member of Table Talk for a few years now. It's fun if you are a foodie but it barely pays anything and is exceptionally difficult to cash out. I was a member before they even issued meager  points for activities.

I remain a member because I enjoy it but it is FAR from lucrative. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

I have never run into anything  like this before. But today when I attempted to take a survey for Clear Voice I was told to retype all of the following. I did this and at the end they seem to threaten a double punishment!  

I didn't  particularly like retyping all of this but to be threatened as well? I jumped through there hoops and of course I was disqualified after about 15  minutes. 

Here's what I'm talking about:

Important: This survey contains various mechanisms used to catch those that respond carelessly randomly to the survey questions.  If you are caught doing so,  you will not be given credit for your participation and may be subject to additional penalties. 

Ever run across this before? 

No.

39 minutes ago, gamer14142024 said:

Never seen anything like that, wondering what are the additional penalties :)

Really good question!!

They could flag your ip address (don't think they have the tech to do that) so you won't be able to complete surveys from them which is not a bad thing at all haha. they could also reach out to Clear Voice and ask them to ban you but survey websites shouldn't ban users for terming on a survey or getting 1 survey complete reversed.

I understand that survey providers/companies want quality responses but there are better ways to get instead of double threat. Very poor language catch, caught, additional penalties :grin:

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 10:43 PM, NFriday said:

Same here. My group was full too when I tried the survey for Table Talk.

4 hours ago, jipsyjo30 said:

Same here. My group was full too when I tried the survey for Table Talk.

It is fun but you really can't make much money there

I've seen similar warnings from several sites. Some people just click through anything just to finish and get points. Or they think it's fun to put the most stupid responses possible. This is why they have trick questions and whatnot, such as asking the same question twice (the cat political one started doing that) or asking your age and then the year you were born later on or vice versa. I don't mind the warnings because I know there are always people who are going to muck up anything for others.

I saw something like that a few days ago. I just ignore it. For things that say retype it I just copy and paste it. If I can't I'll leave the survey, or I'll type in NO I don't like doing that.. But I mostly only do surveys on Prolific and can mostly get away with saying no. I also won't write when they ask you to tell or describe something about you, I tell them I don't want to tell them and that they are violating the GDPR.  I also won't describe what I just read. I don't know about other survey sites cause I don't do them as much.