Has anybody had any experience with Sego?

NFriday

I am supposed to be in this market research project with them that pays $225 next Wednesday.  I tried calling them back yesterday, but they are located in New Jersey, and the person had already left for the day.  They sent me an email to call them back today, and I tried calling them for 60 minutes, and I kept getting a busy signal.  I just sent her an email, and she tried calling me back, and there was a poor connection.  I will have to try to call her up on Monday morning.  She said she was on the phone with a participant, but I thought I was getting the main switchboard for Sego instead of her individual extension.  This does not look good, and plus I have heard that it takes you forever to get paid.

If it is Sago you are referring to, I worked with them a few years back , (nothing  recently) and didn't have a problem. But I much prefer Reckner.

do you mean focus group Sago?  If so i believe they are part of the focus group family.  You get the surveys from focus group market research from Sago.  I think a few years back they were renamed from inspired opinions/Slessinger group

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lab6689 said:

do you mean focus group Sago?  If so i believe they are part of the focus group family.  You get the surveys from focus group market research from Sago.  I think a few years back they were renamed from inspired opinions/Slessinger group

I do think you are correct here.

Dealing with phone tag and poor connections is the worst, especially when money's on the line.

• Like 1

I finally connected with them today, and I am doing a two hour Medicare panel on Wednesday with them in downtown Chicago that pays $225.  They say it might take up to four weeks to get my gift card.  The person that was trying to get ahold of me, was located in New Jersey, which complicated things.  I did some online surveys with them maybe six months ago, and I got my Amazon gift card in a couple of weeks.  There are lots of reviews here from people that had major problems getting paid.

I did my market research pane; on Medicare.  There were only four of us on the panel.  The same day I did the panel, they sent me an email asking what reward I wanted.  I picked an Amazon gift card.  Even though I was told that I was going to receive $225 for doing the panel, they would only let me redeem for a $200 GC, and so I still have $25 in my account.  I assume I can redeem the rest of it in a few days.  I don't know when I am going to get the GC.  BTW- If you make over $600 doing market research studies in one year, they do notify the IRS.