This Seems to be Happening So Much Quicker and More Often

Sandy21

Are there many more people taking surveys nowadays? If I am in a site and a survey appears , I click on it immediately. But I am constantly and continually getting  a response  such as the following:

"Unfortunately we have met our quota for this survey. Please check for more available surveys below or your email for new online survey offers."

By the time an email arrives in my in box telling me there is a new survey the survey is already closed. 

Are you finding that this is happening more and more lately?

• Like 1

• Sandy21 changed the title to This Seems to be Happening So Much Quicker and More Often

I get that from time to time. It's just more of the same stupidity and insanity displayed by the mutants that create surveys.

4 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

Are there many more people taking surveys nowadays? If I am in a site and a survey appears , I click on it immediately. But I am constantly and continually getting  a response  such as the following:

"Unfortunately we have met our quota for this survey. Please check for more available surveys below or your email for new online survey offers."

By the time an email arrives in my in box telling me there is a new survey the survey is already closed. 

Are you finding that this is happening more and more lately?

I see that as well. I suspect that it is one of 2 things - either it was a survey with a low number of respondents needed or there was a delay on the site getting it to your account (and thus filling up).

• Like 1

If it's by e-mail invitation only, it could be that the survey originates in a very different time zone, and respondents in the same zone fill it up quickly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Useless said:

If it's by e-mail invitation only, it could be that the survey originates in a very different time zone, and respondents in the same zone fill it up quickly.

I'd think we would still get the email invitations at the same time, doubt they stagger sending invites if time zones are different. . But what is most annoying is when you are actually right there on the site and a new survey pops up, you click on it immediately and it's already closed. Grrrrr

• Like 1

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that they'd stagger sending the invitations, I just meant that people in the same time zone as the senders would be answering the surveys while others are sleeping.

• Like 1

In the past hour it's happened 9 times on 3 different sites. Since it's the weekend I was surprised to find any surveys but they are all closed. At least this time I didn't waste my time and take an entire survey and then was told it was closed.

I've had several in the past week that took a while and included answers I had to write. Then I got DQ'd at the end. Besides being angry at wasting my time, I always feel gypped because they got all the answers they wanted without having to pay.

Luckily, this doesn't happen nearly as much as it did when I first took surveys for a few months 15 years ago. It got so stupid I quit, especially when the site I used got sold to somebody who raised the payout from $10 to $25. I knew I'd never get that much because payouts per survey were much less then. After I quit, the idiots kept pestering me with e-mails begging me to come back.

• Like 1

Ok. I gave up a few hours ago. Over a period of  over 3 hours I had 19 surveys closed after a few minutes or immediately, 5 Surveys that took about 10 to 15 minutes and then said they were full so of course i got no credit,  and I successfully completed only 4 surveys. 

At least these 3 plus hours weren't a total waste. I made a pot of chili while attempting to make a bit of extra money. Chili is just the thing for a cold and rainy and windy day!

Hope you had a more successful day taking surveys than I did! :(