Had to laugh at TOLUNA offering SWEEPS!!

greeneyeddevils

I just noticed this as one of their new surveys..

Survey On: Travel

Reward: Sweepstakes Entry Length: 15 Minutes (Approx.)

Survey Number: 1006282-CA

SCREW THAT!!....They're now pulling the SWEEPS CRAP....do they think we're all stupid to do their sh*t for free??

I just noticed this as one of their new surveys..

Survey On: Travel

Reward: Sweepstakes Entry Length: 15 Minutes (Approx.)

Survey Number: 1006282-CA

SCREW THAT!!....They're now pulling the SWEEPS CRAP....do they think we're all stupid to do their sh*t for free??

I remember you saying that the survey numbers had meaning like at the end they give you -Aug-meaning the survey closes in Aug-so what if all you get is the survey number and no month? Like what does that ca stand for in the survey number you gave us above?I'm waiting for them to post one survey payment then I can cash out and it has no letters after the numbers.I'm guessing I'll have to wait up to 6 weeks before they will give it to me.It says pending in my account.I'm on pins and needles waiting to get it and hoping they don't take anymore of my points away.All I want is to cash out and be done.

Hey Footfree,

I think the "CA" stands for Canadian since I'm from Canada & I know there's also a Toluna US site...so I think that's what it means...I finished that 90,000 point survey back in Feb...it was a 2 part survey, the first was to give me 3000 points once I did the first part..then I completed the 2nd part & almost fell off my chair when I noticed that 87,000 more points were going to be added to my account for finishing the 2 part survey...problem is I noticed the AUG when I went to look at my pendings on Toluna...which I may add are now taking forever once again to get to completed..they were fast for a couple of weeks but now taking forever....so now I see a bunch of my surveys still in "INCENTIVE PENDING--PROJECT OPEN" I hope to god that it's not AUG that I have to wait for this 90,000 points..who the hell has a survey open for 7 months...c'mon...I want my $30 (90000 points) .

Hey Footfree,

I think the "CA" stands for Canadian since I'm from Canada & I know there's also a Toluna US site...so I think that's what it means...I finished that 90,000 point survey back in Feb...it was a 2 part survey, the first was to give me 3000 points once I did the first part..then I completed the 2nd part & almost fell off my chair when I noticed that 87,000 more points were going to be added to my account for finishing the 2 part survey...problem is I noticed the AUG when I went to look at my pendings on Toluna...which I may add are now taking forever once again to get to completed..they were fast for a couple of weeks but now taking forever....so now I see a bunch of my surveys still in "INCENTIVE PENDING--PROJECT OPEN" I hope to god that it's not AUG that I have to wait for this 90,000 points..who the hell has a survey open for 7 months...c'mon...I want my $30 (90000 points) .

Well apparently Mindfield takes their leisure time.I did one on 11/13/2010 and still haven't been paid.When I asked where it was this was their reply

Dear Mindfield User,

Panelist accounts are usually credited within 10-14 business days after the close date of a survey, and not upon individual completion. Surveys listed as "pending" in your survey history are studies which you completed but are still active. Surveys close only once their quota groups have been met, and this may take seconds or up to several months depending on the survey and its requirements. Thank you for your participation with Mindfield Online.

So I wrote them back saying

So I was curious,what's several months to you mean?It means 3 months to

me and it's been longer then that.In fact it's been 3 months and 2

weeks.So now that it's over the several months hump when do you think

you'll get around to paying it?Like I said I'm curious

Their response

The timeframe given in my previous email is just a reference. A study would remain open until out client has filled all of their quota groups. At that time they notify us to shut down the study. I am sorry I could not give a concrete projected date as to when this study might close. Thank you for your participation.

If it wasn't for the fact I got a PT for doing this I would really be ticked.Maybe I should shoot off a letter to the company they did the PT for and see what happens!

As for Toluna I got my pending credit, cashed out now I'll have to wait and see what happens.Someone in the Rant and Rave section said they were having trouble issuing checks!For the love of God I just want to be done with them already!

Hey Footfree,

well I'm glad that you got your points cashed out from Toluna...I have 5 pending surveys waiting to go through & it's pissing me off...plus the 90,000 survey so 6....they were getting the pending through very quick the last little while then all of the sudden they stopped....not sure what's up...maybe too many people are cashing out... :D I was actually very surprised with another company...that being MY SURVEY...the Canadian version...I had done 2 surveys recently for a total of 700 points(=$7) but for some reason when I went to enter my survey at the end to get credited it pushed me off to a site called

MY2CENTS...& I had gotten screwed out of my points...so I call the company & they always answer the phone & even get me to the right department each time...I'm impressed with their customer service...so I ask why my points wern't entered...I give them the survey number...they tell me that it's a survey from a different site that they picked up & that my points were going to have to be entered manually...So I figured great!!..going to get screwed out of my points....but low & behold I go & check my account today....& not only were the 700 points added but an extra 200 points in there for no reason...so I'm very happy to give props to mysurvey.CA for doing actually what they said they were going to do & it's nice to see for once

I have several pending from Toluna... if they paid me out I'd have around $60 already... but some have been pending for 2 months, since I joined. I emailed Toluna and just got a generic response. I am really mad at them, I took a 30,000 point survey that conveniently crashed at the end... last night. I'm still mad.

sigh.

I have several pending from Toluna... if they paid me out I'd have around $60 already... but some have been pending for 2 months, since I joined. I emailed Toluna and just got a generic response. I am really mad at them, I took a 30,000 point survey that conveniently crashed at the end... last night. I'm still mad.

sigh.

I had that happen on a 9000 point survey -I went the whole 25 minutes they said it would take only for a message to pop up that the quota was full.I shot them off a nasty letter and their response was this

We have responded to your case about "25 minutes into survey and it's closed?". The response is:

Hello,

Please accept our apologies for the length of time you have had to wait for a response to your inquiry. We have experienced some teething problems with our new helpdesk ticket system and for this reason a number of tickets have been overlooked. We are very sorry about this.

We have authorized the credit to your account of 1,800 points as a token of our gratitude for the time that you take to participate in our surveys. The points should be available in your account next week. We are going to close this ticket now, but please be assured that we are doing everything we can on our end to look for ways of improving the process and making participation in our surveys a better experience.

Thank you for being a member of our panel and for taking the time to share your opinions.

So they gave me the 1,8000 points but screw that -it happens way to often.I think they deliberately do that and rip us off.I finally have enough to cash out as soon as I get it I'm done.I refuse to be taken advantage of.