reCAPTCHA not connecting

episemion

Is anyone else experiencing this? When the box is clicked , the spinner just spins and never connects. Been happening on any survey using it on all sites , at least in Firefox. Just started today.

Did a search and it seems that starting this month (May 2024) , something in the Firefox code broke that causes this issue. just have to wait for it to get fixed.

Just tested it at Google's test site and it now works. Per Mozilla , the issue affected all versions of Firefox - current and prior - so it was something on Google's end. Looks like it is fixed or close to it.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

My experience for the past month is that it keeps saying try again. If it starts out with motorcycles I know it's going to be trouble. The only ones that work are the ones with different scenes . If it is just one big scene it never works. Yesterday I spent 5 minutes trying before I gave up. Firefox.

I hate the motorcycles, but it seems to be the most popular one, that and stairs and traffic lights. The motorcycles are a no-win for me. There's always one box that has only a tiny portion of a tire or handlebar. It's a guessing game as to whether they want it clicked or not, and whatever I choose, I lose more often than I win.

I had an instance yesterday, where I was in edge, and a recaptcha wanted to come up, but it told me that I would have to change to something other than edge such as Chrome in order to do the recaptcha.  I did not get out of edge.  Apparently recaptcha's are not available in edge.

6 hours ago, somelady said:

My experience for the past month is that it keeps saying try again. If it starts out with motorcycles I know it's going to be trouble. The only ones that work are the ones with different scenes . If it is just one big scene it never works. Yesterday I spent 5 minutes trying before I gave up. Firefox.

Sounds like Google messed up with the code again. Last time , it was Firefox where it failed. This time , Edge.