Help?

EthanandMom

Will some of you oldtimers share your experiences? Have any advice? I started doing surveys about 6 weeks ago. I got one payout within 3 weeks from MyView. A $25 applebees card, so now I'm hooked. I have been honest in my answers, but surveyhead keeps telling me "you don't match" or Toluna "you have already taken this"... Sometimes I"m 15 min. into survey only to get "we don't need you after all"...

Which is the highest paying? Which is the worst?

How do I get products to try in my home?

What is this elusive "pinecomb" site?

I'm a stay at home Mom, and have been having a lot of fun with surveys, other than one I just ranted about. 90 minutes for a 25 min. survey?!

what a waste!

Well, nice to meet you all.

PS my neighbor thinks these are all scams, but I got the Applebees card from MyVIew within a WEEK! of cashing out.

Blessings.

my best tip is to never do surveys that only offer sweepstakes. only sign up for those survey sites that give points, cash, merchandise, gift certificates, etc. Do not do a survey for a sweepstake draw.

Hi!

Good survey sites vary from person-to-person, but I'll give you some info on some of the ones I use. I started doing surveys around this time last year, and have made around $1,500 to this day.So not too bad! I average about $130 per month.

1. Opinion Outpost - I've made $250 with them so far. You can cash out at $15 if you chose a visa gift card. I usually do the instant Amazon certificates for $5 and I cash out pretty much every week. Their surveys range from external company panels, product testing, movie previews, and just general surveys. I usually get 3-5 from them everyday. I got a two months supply of toilet paper and napkins in one recent test, and in another I got like a 10 piece full set of Herbal Essences - That one was amazing! I also got a chicken Panini from Stouffer's to try out. Mmm.

2. Opinion Square - I've made less than $50 with them so far. They use a mall system where you can buy stuff with points including CDs and gift certificates. I have tons of Starbucks cards from them. Their surveys are fairly simple/standard, except the external commercial ones. You'll always at least get 25 points if you don't qualify. I have had ONE focus group from them that paid $50 via a virtual visa gift card.

3. mysurvey - I've made $210 with them so far. The minimum is $10 to cashout and like OS, they too have a little mall. Their surveys are all hosted on their site and they range from collecting bank/credit card company advertisements to the typical survey. You may sometimes get products to test or a diary to fill out. I recently did two product tests for them - In one, they sent me two boxes of cereal, in the other they send me Hamburger Helper and Velveeta stuff that was delicious!

4. Survey Spot - I've made $90 with them so far. The minimum is $10 to cashout and they pay via PayPal. Their surveys vary and tend to break A LOT! There are a few product tests, I think I actually got toilet paper from them too... They use various different companies and you might notice a few of the same once you get into it.

5. Valued Opinions - I've made $140 with them so far. The minimum is $20 to cashout and they only do gift cards. Apparently that's going to change soon though and they'll be having a mall type thing instead. They have general surveys in general and some are external. Once I had to watch a video about customer service with an angry male customer and rate how the woman reacted to him throwing a chair... Other than THAT particular one, most are bland.

6. i-say - I've made $65 with them so far. The. Minimum to cashout is $20 and they do American Express gift cards, checks, and Amazon. They do general question surveys, commercial opinions, and movie previews all hosted on their site. I got to test a new Lysol Spray once, but I rarely get products to test from them. They also have the home surveys option where you can also get surveys sent to you at home and they send you a nice crispy $2 with them. Sometimes they're diaries, other times they're kinda like the website ones but more complicated. They sometimes ask for the spam mail that comes to your house for evaluating companies that send them.

7. Harris Poll - I've only made $15 with them so far, but their surveys are pretty simple, so I don't mind. They're all hosted on their server. They're general ones that all look the same. They have a $5 minimum payout via Amazon and have other gift card choices and stuff to choose from.

8. Pinecone Research - I've made $150 with them so far. Each survey completed gets you $3 into PayPal the next day, or they can send you checks. They are 99% product testing, asking you questions to qualify you for the next study in the remaining 1%. You MAY or MAY not get a product to test sometimes. So far, it's been Kotex pads, Chef Boyardee, a new Downy product, toothbrushes, toothpaste, among a few others I can't remember.

Focus Pointe Global and 20/20 Research are good for their focus groups they hold. They pay at least $100 each.

If you get asked to join a company's panel within these places, make sure they're not just sweepstakes entries. If you like Starbucks, definitely take the opportunity to join the panel if you get an invite. The marketing team is AMAZING and it's really lively in there. You get to taste test COFFEE too!!!! And you get paid $15 in Amazon for every month you at least do a few 2 minute surveys, more with the product testing that happens a few times. It's a great place to complain about the company and have the right people see it too. ;)

Research.FM is great too if you like music. $5 Amazon for 5 minutes of your time. You'll have to e-mail them to get on the waiting list though. I got $20 in total from them so far and I only was invited this month.

Hopefully that helps you a little! I'm only 22, so I guess I have a fair advantage, but there's a LOT of parenting surveys at most of these places. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting a few qualified ones everyday.

Enjoy!

If you have the time go to the Rants and Rave section here and read what other survey takers have to say about companies.This can help make a more informed decision.Personally I hate Toluna,Survey spot,Survey Head and I would warn you to stay away.Most times you have to fight with them to get your money and it's not worth the time or the hassle.Or they put payments in pending for so long and they never tell you when you will receive it your that you'll get so aggravated asking them .Toluna has a 60,000 cash out and their points expire within a year .Plus I have done surveys for them that took me all the way to the end just for them to tell me sorry quota is full and you wont be receiving the 9,000 points we offered you at the beginning,it's like me doing their surveys for free .Most surveys are 1800 for 30 minutes worth of work that equals out to about $1.33.That reminds me do the math get to know how much money the points are worth.You shouldn't do surveys that don't pay minimum wage,if you start they'll lower the standards for all of us.I've been doing this 7 or 8 years and have some headaches and some good times like most of us here.You can learn a lot from our mistakes and we are happy to help.Hope I haven't discouraged you to much and please ask if you need help.

The demographic you fit in affects how much you can make with each company. I can tell you that I'm a female, homemaker and old enough to have teenage children and I can't make near as much money from the sites already mentioned. If you get caught fibbing to try and fit a more profitable demographic you can be thrown out.

I do Opinion Outpost and usually qualify for about one a week, so I can make about $3 a week.

I do belong to Pinecone and get one or two a month so that equals $6. To join Pinecone you have to find an invitation banner from them. From what I understand, it isn't always open for new members.

I belong to mysurvey and my demographic gets me $20 every three or four months.

I did surveyspot and got sick of the bait and switch with the surveys. You think your accepting a good paying survey and mysteriously that one closed so they put you in a "free" one that takes an hour and you don't figure that out until it's over and you've wasted an hour of your life. So I cashed out and quit them pretty quick.

I do valued opinion and can make 10$ a month. Their surveys sit in pending for a really long time.

I have done surveyhead, but their surveys sit in pending a really, really long time and then it takes 2 or more months to cash out when you reach the level you need to get a paypal credit.

I don't spend a lot of time doing surveys anymore, I found it wasn't worth the agravation. I generally am happy if I can take my kids out to eat once and a while on my survey money.

Thank you all so much!

The bait and switch advice is good... I didn't realize that's what the companies are doing. Also someone advised me in a PM not to do sweepstakes surveys, and I have been , so I will stop that.

I'm so glad I found this site!

Been doing this 6 years. Best thing I can say that hasn't already been said is to just remember you have entered a world with few standards. Survey companies that appear to be upstanding for years can turn on you in a heartbeat. Accept that it will happen and move on. My biggest recent gripe (as you've seen) has been getting dumped out of surveys after spending 10-15 minutes or more of my time on them. It happens not only with my low earners but also with some of my high earners as well. If it's serious enough file any complaint you may have with the BBB. I've filed twice and got good results once. As I said, this and other things that will make you want to scream will happen. It's just the world you've entered. Move on.

Don't let surveys effect your family life. The first few years I was on the computer 5-6 hours or more a day. I was absolutely hooked. Sure I was making some good bucks but at what cost to me and the family. I saw the light. I now delete sweeps, $1 and up for 15 minutes or less is my minimum. Anything else gets deleted. The biggy is I set a timer for two hours in the morning, and one or two at night. The timer goes off, I finish the survey I'm on and turn the computer off. Do I loose money? Sure thing but, I have my sanity back. I just make sure I do the surveys with the biggest rewards first. Sure, I fudge that now and then but not often.

You're just starting out. It took me 2 months to make my first buck. I made $600 my first year. It takes time but you'll get there. You're interested in product tests. I've only managed 20 or so. I'm honest. In the screening surveys I tell them what I think and many times that's not what they want to hear. If you want more opportunities, tell them their products sounds wonderful and you'd just love to try it regardless of the bilge they spout.

The Rants and Raves section. I take any complaint about any site with a grain of salt. You'll find sometimes you agree and many times you won't. I'm doing business with a group of sites who have stacks and stacks of complaints on this forum and elsewhere yet I have zero or minor problems with them. On the other hand I have complaints about a few sites that others just love. As I said, it's the nature of this beast. I'll be adding to this in edits so stay tuned and good luck.

Qwerty,

I JUST said that to my hubby, not 10 min. ago! That you have to tell the company what they want to hear or you get kicked out. I was just asking him what kind of marketing that is!? so FUNNY you should say that! Don't these companies want honesty for improvement?? seriously. Every time I said I don't like something, bam, quota is filled, or thank you goodbye... 'insert any reason'!

I did a survey today for pretreating wash stains. I have a brand I LOVE and refused to say any other was better. I got booted out! good grief.

Thank you so much for the addiction warning. I found myself checking survey sites repeatedly today, like Toluna and surveyhead that you can keep voting. I need to pick certain times and enjoy this, not be obsessed.

As for turning on me... LOL yes.. Myview checked me out once- GREAT! I'm ready to check out again at the $25 level and bam, not a single survey since, and I was honest and thourough. go figure.

cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi -

Please don't take offense at this, as none is meant whatsoever! Please stop calling us oldtimers, you're making me feel like I should be in a nursing home. lol

TIA

:mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
If you have the time go to the Rants and Rave section here and read what other survey takers have to say about companies.This can help make a more informed decision.Personally I hate Toluna,Survey spot,Survey Head and I would warn you to stay away.Most times you have to fight with them to get your money and it's not worth the time or the hassle.Or they put payments in pending for so long and they never tell you when you will receive it your that you'll get so aggravated asking them .Toluna has a 60,000 cash out and their points expire within a year .Plus I have done surveys for them that took me all the way to the end just for them to tell me sorry quota is full and you wont be receiving the 9,000 points we offered you at the beginning,it's like me doing their surveys for free .Most surveys are 1800 for 30 minutes worth of work that equals out to about $1.33.That reminds me do the math get to know how much money the points are worth.You shouldn't do surveys that don't pay minimum wage,if you start they'll lower the standards for all of us.I've been doing this 7 or 8 years and have some headaches and some good times like most of us here.You can learn a lot from our mistakes and we are happy to help.Hope I haven't discouraged you to much and please ask if you need help.

hi there--not sure if I am doing this correctly because i am new to posting on forums. but have been following this exchange for advice. Quick question..how can 1800 points be worth $1.33? If 60,000 points equals $20 then 3,000 points would be $1..I am confused now and am hoping I did not screw up calculations. I just can't see how 1800 equals $1.33. new to Toluna so I could use any advice.

hi there--not sure if I am doing this correctly because i am new to posting on forums. but have been following this exchange for advice. Quick question..how can 1800 points be worth $1.33? If 60,000 points equals $20 then 3,000 points would be $1..I am confused now and am hoping I did not screw up calculations. I just can't see how 1800 equals $1.33. new to Toluna so I could use any advice.

Your right I'm bad ,3000 points for Toluna is equal to $1.00 .As you can tell math isn't my strong suit, so how much pay is 1800 points of 3000 points? I'm guessing around .66 cents?I'm sorry but I'm not spending that much time for so little of pay.

i like mysurvey because you can cash out quickly, Opinion Outpost because one survey can get you to cashout quickly, zoompanel because it is quite easy to cash out for AMC movie tickets. I make about two tickets a month. valued opinions-they are honest and easier to qualify for their surveys.

i like mysurvey because you can cash out quickly, opinion outpost because one survey can get you to cashout quickly, zoompanel because it is quite easy to cash out for AMC movie tickets. I make about two tickets a month. valued opinions-they are honest and easier to qualify for their surveys.

I get emails from zoom panel every day but never use them because i really want to do cash surveys only...but maybe i will try now. never had luck with mysurvey either.