Do you know...??

EthanandMom

why they constantly ask if you are latino.hispanic? I am not, but in one recent survey I was asked 3 different times, yes 3, in the SAME survey, what race I am. I have a DIL that is latino, and I'm seriously thinking she needs to do these surveys! I just wondered if anyone knew why they constantly ask?

"Hello" the Mexican American/ Latino population is 50 million strong, they will be the majority in the future. It's about time marketing companies have started to recognize them and are asking for their opinion.

Why do they specifically isolate the question though? I HATE that. I feel like they're going to discriminate if I answer yes. They have before.

Why do they specifically isolate the question though? I HATE that. I feel like they're going to discriminate if I answer yes. They have before.

That was my point.

If they want this test group, fine, 50 million strong isn't the issue. The issue is, on some surveys, they ask repeatedly, specifically, if I am Latino or Hispanic. I have not been bumped on by clicking "white/caucasion" but I don't find the need to ask race repeatedly in the SAME survey.

why they constantly ask if you are latino.hispanic? I am not, but in one recent survey I was asked 3 different times, yes 3, in the SAME survey, what race I am. I have a DIL that is latino, and I'm seriously thinking she needs to do these surveys! I just wondered if anyone knew why they constantly ask?

I can only guess but then I'd be wasting my time. If you let things like this concern you you're going to have a frustrating experience in the survey world.

I agree with Qwerty. I've had to answer it numerous times in some surveys too. Makes me kind of laugh in a way, because it reminds me of those pschological/personality tests where you're asked the same question several times only the question is phrased differently. Goes to show that greeneyeddevils was right.....bunch of high school drop-outs are propably creating the surveys. lol

I have also been experiencing this also, it does get sickening so now I just click the prefer not to answer and then click my race on the next page. Then I make sure add at the end of the survey where they ask how enjoyable this survey was that I am not happy with the repeat question against me and I consider it racism against my race, then I tell them I am very unhappy with the racist acts of their surveys and their panel and then advise them to end discrimination and racism.

• 1 month later...