Chamberlain Research Consultants??

PurpleJoan

Has anyone had any dealings with this company? Is it legit? I didn't see them on the list of survey companies, but from what I found googling them, they've been around since 1988. I got an email from them inviting me to update my info or join. Earthlink put the message in my "Known Spam" folder, but they don't always get that right and I usually get a few real emails a day put there by mistake. I checked my list and I've never signed up with them, which makes me suspicious, but they have a BBB listing which listed only 1 complaint about sales/advertising which was resolved through the BBB. They do have a legitimate-looking web site, but I've seen others that looked legit and turned out not to be. If anyone has any information about them I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

On annikas they are listed as legit paying focus group (focus groups page 1) and survey site (survey sites page 23.) However, I did not find them on survey police lists of verified or unverified. I've never heard of them. You may want to google the name and see what comes up.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Chamberlain Research Consultants is a ‘legitimate’ market research company. Nonetheless, they have historically been involved in some sleazy things:

-- They were once involved in conducting consumer satisfaction surveys for Jeppesen Aviation , i.e., the CIA’s ‘travel agent’ that handled the logistics for the CIA’s extraordinary rendition program.

-- Years ago they were involved in conducting ‘push polling,’ a practice they (as far as I know) have given up -- but not because it was sleazy, but simply because the political campaigns that were behind such polling were so strapped for money they never paid their bills. (In other words, Chamberlain didn’t care how sleazy it all was, they just wanted the money.)

-- More recently, however, they were involved in conducting focus groups for the unethical political ads that Michael Gableman used to smear Louis Butler in the 2008 Supreme Court election in 2008.

So, yes, Chamberlain Research Consultants are ‘legitimate,’ but caveat emptor (if you know what I mean).

Ceolwulf....Holy guacamole!! Appreciate the information; no f'ing way will I register with them. Doesn't matter how well they pay or how fast. I don't want to work for, support, or have my name associated with companies like that. I worked for state government for 16 years and have a stronger aversion towards politics.

Ceolwulf....Holy guacamole!! Appreciate the information; no f'ing way will I register with them. Doesn't matter how well they pay or how fast. I don't want to work for, support, or have my name associated with companies like that. I worked for state government for 16 years and have a stronger aversion towards politics.

Wow. Not that I'm in the business of defending survey companies but I'm more concerned someone is accepting a single entry on an intrenet website for the gospel truth. Not at all saying it couldn't be true but everyone should check into it before swallowing any information on the internet hook line and sinker.