Opinion Outpost...makes me wonder if all companies do this

greeneyeddevils

I was having trouble doing one of there surveys where you're supposed to pull & drag answers & put them in boxes..I sent off an email to them & this is the response I got....

Thank you for emailing us this concern.

We apologize, but our records indicate that you are not a match for this survey. Please be informed that people can be disqualified late in surveys because we are constantly validating data, and checking to ensure that people are properly reading the survey questions and answers.

Since quality is very important to us, we do a variety of things to ensure that we are receiving valid data from the panelists taking the surveys. Some ways we check the validity of the data we are receiving is by: asking questions multiple times, putting in questions that require specific answers, and listing products that do not exist. We do not use these methods to try and disqualify the panelist from the surveys, but to ensure us and the clients that the surveys are being properly taken. Many times we put in something simple like a response that says "Please mark item 2 in this list" to make sure the panelists are reading the survey correctly. Companies are paying money to receive the answers the panelist provide, so it is important for us to make sure that all the data we are collecting is good data.

What that say's to me is...We're going to screw you over from time to time so we don't have to pay you any opinion points....Shows that these companies are very sneaky in the way the do business

I think they do. There have been times I have been "disqualified" from a survey after doing the survey. (Amazing how I pass all the tricks and traps - let's just call it what it is - and then I "dq" at the end)

It's bad enough they make us pay less per hour (all the tricks and traps stretch out the survey length) in order to survive them tricking us, only to trick us in the end.

Yes many companies do this and have been doing this for years. I don't consider them to be underhanded in the least. They do it for good reason as stated. Seems like a simple and basic quality check to me. Course you may consider it "being screwed" if you make it a habit to breeze through surveys without paying attention to what is being asked. Simply read the questions and answer. It's not rocket science.

Yes many companies do this and have been doing this for years. I don't consider them to be underhanded in the least. They do it for good reason as stated. Seems like a simple and basic quality check to me. Course you may consider it "being screwed" if you make it a habit to breeze through surveys without paying attention to what is being asked. Simply read the questions and answer. It's not rocket science.

I understand were your coming from. However there are times when you do a survey, read the question and then you accidentally click on the wrong answer. You realize it and try to reenter what you intended on putting in, but can't. Everyonce in a while it happens to me. As long as you have a good history with a company and in answering surveys honestly, then they should now that mistakes happen from time to time. We are human and that is part of being human.

To Greeneyeddevils, if you filled everything in honestly, then go fill a report to the BBB and stick to your guns on getting them to pay you. You said you were having trouble pulling & dragging answers into the boxes, I know sometimes I have trouble with those things and get them in the wrong box and then it won't let me take them out and put them in the correct one. They should NOT use this against you, go get your money!

I guess you never read the post I put since it has nothing to do with quality checks or rushing through the survey...before you make a stupid comment like the one you did why don't you read....I stated....

was having trouble doing one of there surveys where you're supposed to pull & drag answers & put them in boxes..I sent off an email to them & this is the response I got....

I think it's a @#$ way to do business when they tell me it's my fault that their stupid survey wasn't working..the pull down option to put some answer into boxes wasn't working...so I got dq'd...that's all there was to it

I'm always amazed at why people take the time to complain about a single survey. Why? When you signed up with your first survey site you have signed a pact with the devil - so to speak. You have agreed to deal with one of the most unscrupulous businesses in the world. It is a given - you will get burned from time to time. Accept it and press on. These companies have few rules and regs to deal with and the law has little time and too few resourses to commit to deal with them. Our big stick, the BBB, especially in light of recent controversies, is a questionable ally at best and many times is as useful as an air traffic controller on the midnight shift. What am I saying? Just as sure as the sun is rising tomorrow, these kinds of problems are going to happen and there is little to be done about them. Don't waste your time fuming about the little stuff. Brush it off and move on to your next pact with the devil.

greeneyeddevils - Yup. ya got me. All I saw was those big red letters.The bigger picture? If I posted a complaint about every survey that did me wrong in the last 6 plus years, that's about all I'd be doing - posting complaints. You got screwed. Welcome to the club. OBTW - Profanity? Really. I'd bet you can do better.

TSP - Sure, if you could correct mistakes you make on a survey life would be that much grander. I'd bet though that those are few and far between.

I'm always amazed at why people take the time to complain about a single survey. Why? When you signed up with your first survey site you have signed a pact with the devil - so to speak. You have agreed to deal with one of the most unscrupulous businesses in the world. It is a given - you will get burned from time to time. Accept it and press on. These companies have few rules and regs to deal with and the law has little time and too few resourses to commit to deal with them. Our big stick, the BBB, especially in light of recent controversies, is a questionable ally at best and many times is as useful as an air traffic controller on the midnight shift. What am I saying? Just as sure as the sun is rising tomorrow, these kinds of problems are going to happen and there is little to be done about them. Don't waste your time fuming about the little stuff. Brush it off and move on to your next pact with the devil.

greeneyeddevils - Yup. ya got me. All I saw was those big red letters.The bigger picture? If I posted a complaint about every survey that did me wrong in the last 6 plus years, that's about all I'd be doing - posting complaints. You got screwed. Welcome to the club. OBTW - Profanity? Really. I'd bet you can do better.

TSP - Sure, if you could correct mistakes you make on a survey life would be that much grander. I'd bet though that those are few and far between.

You want to get screwed over, that is your business. The more you brush off each time you get screwed, tells the survey company's that they can screw you over even more because you won't do anything about it. Sorry but some of us here hold the survey company's to higher, more ethical standards. Not some piss poor excuse that they give that has nothing to do with what the person is complaining about. If you like to get screwed and say nothing, then that is your choice. But your hurting yourself and others in the long run! :(

Choose your battles wisely. The survey world is miniscule compared to the rest of the realities of life. I prefer to use my time more economically on battles worth fighting and where there is a chance of a positive outcome.

"Get screwed over"? Hardly. I'm averaging 25-30 invites a day. I have a "problem" with one every other week or so. Had one with Toluna last week. Got dumped out of a survey near the end after 20 minutes at the end of the "catagory questions". Shot Toluna an email. Days later the response was words to the effect of "we checked into it and determined you spent more than enough time on the survey to deserve credit. Expect to see it in your account in blah blah...". Simple solution. About half the time thats how many of my "problems" get resolved. For those that don't I just consider it the cost of doing business in the survey world. I generally delete sweeps. I frequently delete assinine surveys half way through them regardless the reward. I still get a reasonable reward for my time and efforts. Life goes on.

Choose your battles wisely. The survey world is miniscule compared to the rest of the realities of life. I prefer to use my time more economically on battles worth fighting and where there is a chance of a positive outcome.

"Get screwed over"? Hardly. I'm averaging 25-30 invites a day. I have a "problem" with one every other week or so. Had one with Toluna last week. Got dumped out of a survey near the end after 20 minutes at the end of the "catagory questions". Shot Toluna an email. Days later the response was words to the effect of "we checked into it and determined you spent more than enough time on the survey to deserve credit. Expect to see it in your account in blah blah...". Simple solution. About half the time thats how many of my "problems" get resolved. For those that don't I just consider it the cost of doing business in the survey world. I generally delete sweeps. I frequently delete assinine surveys half way through them regardless the reward. I still get a reasonable reward for my time and efforts. Life goes on.

I'm curious as to what a survey company would have to do to you to get you riled up?Nothing?Must be nice to have that much patience ,I don't have it,that's why I come here to blow steam.That and to tell others what has happened to me just in case they would like a heads up as to what could happen to them.At least we can help each other that way.