SYNOVATE AND THE STUPID BLACK BAR

Not-a-Sucker

Is anyone else having this problem? It has happened to me twice. Synovate has changed the look of their surveys, and now has a black bar with the next button in the middle of the page. You have to go completely to the bottom of the page and then come back up to click the next button. The problem arises when the black bar covers a selection, and you can't click on your selection in a row. Thus, you cannot go forward. I have emailed about it twice, but of course have not received an answer.

I'm now in the middle (41%) of a 40 minute survey worth $7, and can't move forward.

Any suggestions?

yes, I have the same problem it is very irritating. I have to minimize the page to where I can click and then enlarge it again,

yes, I have the same problem it is very irritating. I have to minimize the page to where I can click and then enlarge it again,

Thank you ever so much! It worked.

I use Firefox browser and when I do their surveys now I click on "View" in the menu bar at the top of the browser window and go down to "Page Style", then from there click on "No Style". It takes the bar away and gives you a "Next" button at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

I have grown to despise Synovate since their web designer went apeshit nuts with the bouncing arrows and orange PNG format buttons. I asked for a check this very night and am going to walk away from what I couldn’t cash out.

I’ve been in a “20 minute” survey that just passed the 1 hour & 45 minute mark.

Un-fricken-believable.

I am also extremely pissed off with Synovate. The arrow is the worst thing bout it :evil: . Here is my complaint to Synovate followed by their reply....

Dear Sir/Madam,

PLEASE LISTEN!! You have to get rid of that arrow on the new survey designs, it is driving me and many other panellists crazy!!! I will not be able to carry on with Synovate much longer if it continues to treat us like imbeciles. I'm sure I cannot be the only one to complain about this! I do not need to be told to scroll down the page! I AM NOT A 3 YEAR OLD CHILD!

Regards

REPLY:

Thanks for sending your comments and suggestions. We’re working to enhance the new survey templates and appreciate your patience during this time. I’m glad you took the time to share your thoughts and will definitely keep them in mind.

I'm glad you're part of the panel team!

Kind Regards,

Synovate Global Opinion Panels

• 3 weeks later...

It is completely ridiculous. That bouncing arrow irritates me to no end. Sometimes I have the feeling that "Marie" is a person shop in some cube somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a email from Global Opinion Panel:

Our programming team is working on fixing the error you noticed. We ask that you please continue to fill out our surveys to the best of your ability.

We have considered the time and effort you spent on our surveys recently and are awarding you 600 Customer Service points.

Thanks for your patience during this time and continued participation!

Regards,

Marie

600 points trying to get around that black bar and spending countless hours working around that thing. When cash out is 5000 for 5 bucks 600 points is a total and complete insult to me. 600 points is a joke.I emailed them back and told them what I thought of the 600 points. They probably will close my account. Like it really matters a whole lot.

I use Firefox browser and when I do their surveys now I click on "View" in the menu bar at the top of the browser window and go down to "Page Style", then from there click on "No Style". It takes the bar away and gives you a "Next" button at the bottom.

Internet Explorer has a similar option: Page ---> Style ---> No Style

but you have to do it for each page and it is a royal P.I.T.A.

There are registry hacks to always turn off style sheets in IE, but I refuse to do that. I am looking for a way to turn them off on a site-by-site basis, but haven’t found it yet.

• 4 months later...

Since Synovate/GOP surveys changed to Wonderbug, I thought AT LAST they will have taken all those complaints about the old survey style into consideration and given it a rethink and a well needed makeover. After getting my first survey from Wonderbug, things looked good! No dumb arrow telling you to scroll down the page. It was gone at last! Oh joy! But that didnt last long. The black bar is still there and the annoyingly insistent arrow has just been transferred to the middle of the black bar. I'm still getting problems with these surveys; sometimes the page looks like it has finished loading but still the arrow wants you to scroll down, so you can't progress any further without refreshing the page. If you press the arrow button to go down its mighty sloowwww. Can anyone tell me why that black bar needs to follow you around? Why not just have it at the bottom of the page? Too much like sense!

Another thing, the new UK panel director for Wonderbug UK is Lauren Greys. It shows her picture in the email too, and guess what? It's an avatar! wahhahaha. Just what we've suspected all along. Emma from mysurvey? Lauren of Lightspeed? and now Lauren of Wonderbug, supposedly real people, but I have my doubts! :twisted: