Past Opinions For Good Founder/CEO is a convicted felon

surveyguy

Has anyone else ever heard of Op4G? They apparently partner with Charities who recruit their supporters to join their panel. I joined a while back and havent seen too many surveys come through, about 3 total. Someone recently brought to my attention the fact that the founder and CEO Jim Brennan is a convicted felon. He was convicted of bank fraud for $2.6 million dollars and sentenced to three and a half years in prison.

I would be very careful about the personal information you are entering into this site. I have already dropped op4g as a survey panel and I am keeping my fingers crossed they dont steal any of my info. I hope the charity partners are aware of the CEO's past.

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/app ... 18/271717/

Just curious -what proof do you have that this person is one in the same and not someone who shares the same name?How did you come by this info?Is there a picture of this guy to support these findings?I need more proof before jumping in on this bandwagon.

I am not looking for anyone to jump on any bandwagon, just simply trying to share the information that was shared with me. I signed up through a Non Profit that I support, guiding eyes for the blind, who invited me to join on their behalf. I shared the idea with some friends and one of them tipped me off to this. I looked into it and noticed on their site that none of the 3 original founders were listed under the team page. 2 of the founders are listed as board members and James Brennan is no longer listed anywhere. They used to have about 20 people listed under the team and its now down to just a few, zero of them have any research related title and thats skeptical for a research company. There have been hardly any surveys since they started. They no longer have their newsletter, which was really good actually. Seems to me like they are on a downward spiral.

Believe it or not, doesn't matter to me. I have already given up for good because I dont want people like this to have any of my information. Hopefully it is deleted from their database, but I doubt it. I have also stopped supporting guiding eyes for the blind because they directed me to join a company that was started by a convicted felon, very sketchy in my book. Feel free to look into this yourself. I emailed support about it but haven't heard back.

Off to take some surveys! if I dont get screened out half way through.

The original Founder of Op4G does have a background 20 years ago of a conviction and this is followed by 20 years of an exemplary life that has included a passion for the support of Non-Profits in a multitude of way. The Founding of Op4G was just another example of these efforts. On March 1st he decided to leave Op4G so that there would be no suggestion ever of any question about how serious the company is about its mission; security of information; or the excellence in online market research that it established. The company is now run by a very skilled and talented team that does include industry experts and is growing every day. Jim Brennan has no operating or Board role what so ever and is an available advisor to the company for the purpose of advancing it forward. These are the facts that people can consider.

Wow...sounds like a stand up gentleman. They should make a movie about him. Guy steals almost 3 million dollars from a bank, gets caught and convicted of a felony, serves three and a half years in jail, gets released and leads an exemplary life supporting non profits in a multitude of ways. Now thats a role model. Happy to hear he is still available as an advisor, I'm sure he has some solid advice to give.

There are just too many panels out there to be involved in one started by a convicted felon, just doesn't sit well with me, sorry. I'm still surprised that a non profit I have faithfully supported for years directed me to this...so sad.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine who is still a member of Op4G said they sent out an email about privacy changes. He didn't elaborate on it but said he was going to give up for good as well, he hasn't seen a survey all year anyway. According to their privacy policy they promise no surprises..."If Op4G intends to have a change in ownership or controlling interest, Members will be notified" - I wasn't notified that Mr. Brennan was a convicted felon and that the company completely changed hands recently due to this. What is up with this company? Lots of red flags going up here. Its companies like Op4G that give this industry a bad image.

The 20 years following the imprisonment for bank fraud weren't totally without their own challenges. In the 1993 bank case (http://openjurist.org/994/f2d/918/unite ... -f-brennan), the judge called Brennan a "dangerous man, who would continue to try and make his fortune by lying if not deterred".

Prophetic words. 2004 was a busy year.

He was named in a class action securities litigation taken against TyCom

http://securities.stanford.edu/1037/TYC03_01/20041210_r01c_0301352.pdf (search for the word 'Brennan')

He was implicated in the financial ruin of the Golf Club of New England.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa5283/is_200404/ai_n24277473/

Thanks for sharing the additional information. Maybe this is what Portsmouth1 was referring to when he/she said Jim Brennan's 3 and a half year prison term was followed by "20 years of an exemplary life that has included a passion for the support of Non-Profits in a multitude of way". I wonder if this 20 years includes the time he left the country for Ireland due to all his legal troubles. Mr. Jim Brennan has been a very busy man ripping an awful lot of people off. What I am trying to understand is how Op4G came about. Was this just another one of his brilliant scams to rip people off? When I was a member I hardly saw any surveys come through so that's what my thinking is. I also saw that they are paying their Charity partners to invite members, $15,000 for 500 new sign ups, all the way up to $150,000!!! How is this possible? Was it his plan to get as much personal info on as many people as possible in a short amount of time before people realized he was a scam artist? What are his plans for all of this personal information? I really hope the Charities that are in any way involved with op4g know the kind of people they are working with...very scary. Like I said before I have stopped supporting guiding eyes for the blind because I feel like they led me right into a scam, unknowingly I'm sure but they should have done their due diligence.

It should be very comforting to all current members and charity partners that Jim Brennan remains available as an advisor to move the scam forward.

This just says it all..."Jim Brennan is dangerous man, who would continue to try and make his fortune by lying if not deterred". -- United States District Court Judge Mark L. Wolf.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious...has anyone seen any surveys from Op4G lately? The people I know who are still members haven't seen anything and seem to think they have gone under. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the case, maybe they have all the personal info they need and its time to move on.

• 2 months later...

Well, it looks like Op4G isnt paying any of their members, or even responding to emails. Not surprising considering the founder is a convicted felon. I have a bogus account and have not been paid yet either, they are also not responding to my emails either. Op4G...get your sht together and pay us please.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/consumer-se ... -f6661.htm

I have received many surveys.However I haven't received a payment plus they wont answer my emails to see when they would start paying.So I have quit doing their surveys.Should have listened to you when you first started complaining about them,but I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.Boy was I STUPID.I just received a survey today.

I've never heard of OP4G. Any affiliations connected to them?

Footfree.....You are NOT stupid!! Nothing wrong with giving a co. the benefit of doubt, I probably would have. They may have worked out for you. Its like SurveySavvy.....a lot of people like them, and a lot of people have had problems. I don't want to hear anyone call them selves stupid...."you never have to apologize for being on the right side of grace." :-)

Op4G recently became aware of this thread and the company would like to set the record straight.

Our recent switch to a new accounting/transaction system did not go as planned and payments to Op4G members were not processed on time. That has been corrected and all payments are scheduled to mail early next week (Oct. 17-18).

Separately: Mr. Brennan’s background became known to us and he left the company. He has no role in Op4G.

While he was at the company, he had no involvement in any activity that could impact the anonymity guaranteed our Membership, and no role in maintaining the funds we use for compensation of our Membership and the Non-Profits they support.

Op4G continues to grow as a company dedicated to helping Non-Profits benefit in new ways from the work of their supporters. We invite you to visit http://www.op4g.com and consider joining us.

Karl Swanson

President, Op4G Inc.

Op4G recently became aware of this thread and the company would like to set the record straight.

Our recent switch to a new accounting/transaction system did not go as planned and payments to Op4G members were not processed on time. That has been corrected and all payments are scheduled to mail early next week (Oct. 17-18).

Separately: Mr. Brennan’s background became known to us and he left the company. He has no role in Op4G.

While he was at the company, he had no involvement in any activity that could impact the anonymity guaranteed our Membership, and no role in maintaining the funds we use for compensation of our Membership and the Non-Profits they support.

Op4G continues to grow as a company dedicated to helping Non-Profits benefit in new ways from the work of their supporters. We invite you to visit http://www.op4g.com and consider joining us.

Karl Swanson

President, Op4G Inc.

Thank-you for coming here and telling your side of the story.However if you would like me to continue to do your surveys some request have to be met.You have to answer my emails-or I may think your corrupt.Or send out emails telling survey takers of the situation that would make it seem more sincere.Plus I would like to know how we the survey takers are going to be compensated?Do we have to make a request ?I dont understand how the process works.Any help with these answers and a payment and I will make every effort to do business with you.

I think this company is ok. I have been paid by them 2 times in 3 months. I have been busy with work for the past couple of months and have not been doing many surveys so I have been out of the loop. I am glad to see that they care about what is said about their company.