what do you do

stormycloud

Do you guys wait until the survey company sends you out survey's to do them? Or do you go to their website and try to see if you qualify then? :|

I'm sure everyone's experience is different. For me, I joined several survey sites a year ago and, at first, never seemed to get enough surveys in my email - maybe 2 or 3 a day. So once a day I'd go to each survey website that I belonged to searching for surveys. After a while, the more surveys I did, the more I received. Now I get about 15-20 a day and usually don't have time to attempt them all. I still have a low "completion" rate -- must be my demographics. I get DQ'd a lot.

Good luck!

I'm sure everyone's experience is different. For me, I joined several survey sites a year ago and, at first, never seemed to get enough surveys in my email - maybe 2 or 3 a day. So once a day I'd go to each survey website that I belonged to searching for surveys. After a while, the more surveys I did, the more I received. Now I get about 15-20 a day and usually don't have time to attempt them all. I still have a low "completion" rate -- must be my demographics. I get DQ'd a lot.

Good luck!

can you share some of your demos? I seem to get DQ'ed at the income level... which is low, hubby is retired and I don't work. My friend joined and she's DQ'ed a lot too but because her income is too high, (engineer hubby) she's a stay at home mom like me and has 3 little boys AND teens, still she says she's DQ'ed... ha ha i wonder just what is the perfect profile.

I always put $50,000-$60,000. It's not too low and it's not too high. People who move up in retail job titles can get $2,000 a month, so it's very justified in my opinion!

Ethanandmom: I assume it's my age and gender that disqualifies me. I've been told that most companies want young men, or parents of young children, to complete their surveys. I'm a 62-year-old female and my opinions aren't important. Most of the time, though, I have no clue why I was DQ'd.

Be honest, and be yourself. It's too hard to remember who you've fibbed to. Different survey companies have different clients and focus on different demos. Eventually you will find survey companies who are interested in your actual demo. I'm mid 40's, married with 2 teen girls. My teen girls get more surveys than I do some days. I find that terribly ironic, because they won't do hardly any of them. I wish the survey companies would get the hint that teen girls won't do anything for just a dollar. The economy is slowing down all market research, not just your demo.

There are some sites that I hit on all the time for surveys, like Toluna and MyView, but like Opinion Outpost, I never qualify, but keep getting 5 points. They have added up to the tune for 4 $5 gift codes to Amazon, so I like OO. Inbox Dollars and such I won't do, they can pack it. 75 cents for a survey... really? That's so not happening. There are days I can't be on the computer enough to catch up on surveys and some days I couldn't find a free one ha ha. My friend doesn't get them so I think it's really income based for a lot of them. I always try to stay in the 24,000$ range, which is just about right, but too low for surveys and she's 90K maybe so too high. i have enjoyed reading about you others and your experiences.

anyone ever hear of marketreaderpro? I took one survey for them and it was so long I did it over two days, and cannot see where I was credited one single penny... :evil:

I wait for surveys to be sent to me. Used to get 3 -4 a day but since the economy tanked, only get a few each week. Since joining this forum, I started signing up with some other companies. So interesting to read all of your experiences. I look forward to making some new friends on this forum. :D:D:D