MYPOINTS

fiestyvermin

I have been a member of mypoints since 2000, in that time I have cashed out numerous times and have actually done fairly well considering I have spent very little cash with them. Today, I got a email that said to answer just one question for the opportunity at 5005 points. I knew it was the insurance but after clicking the button to receive the 5 points I am told, "This offer is only available one time." I am so upset I could scream. Why send a offer to someone who has already completed it, if there is no reward available for that person???? Then, I put in for a paypal of 25 and was told that it takes 2-6 weeks for the payment to be processed. Goodness, how sorry are these companies getting? 2-6 weeks to collect on points that have been building in my account for at least a year maybe longer. Every place has gone so far downhill and they make it such a joke, like the time put into is not worth a thing while they rack up millions of dollars.

And why do survey companies email surveys to me that disqualify me for age, gender, what-have-you when they KNOW all my personal information before they send me the survey?

I've only been doing surveys - and mypoints - for about 14 months. I'm always amazed why it takes them 4-8 weeks to send me checks or gift cards. Why? When Opinion Place sends my money to PayPal within 30 minutes of my completing a survey. Why can't everyone else be this efficient?

I've only been doing surveys - and mypoints - for about 14 months. I'm always amazed why it takes them 4-8 weeks to send me checks or gift cards. Why? When Opinion Place sends my money to PayPal within 30 minutes of my completing a survey. Why can't everyone else be this efficient?

That's amazing. It usually takes Opinion Place 8 to 16 days to credit my Paypal.

My points did say it should take 2-6 weeks for the paypal but the payment arrived today. I am not sure where they get off saying 2-6 weeks cause it actually took one week. Well done and high Kudos. Put in on 7/24 in Paypal 7/31.

The time it takes to get my gift cards doesn't bother me at all, but what does bother me is the fact that some of the venders come and go at a rapid rate. They had Overstock, eBay, and Amazon on their vender list and now none of the three of them are on there. Why? I couldn't even venture a guess.

I LOVE mypoints! I've heard a lot complaints from a couple of my friends, and don't get it. And yes, I get my gift cards usually within 2-3 weeks I've never had to wait up to 6 weeks. I think they say 2-6 weeks because when the Holidays arrive, they may have people who save up for that and then get slammed at once for requests, and that way it buys them some time, and they probably don't get a ton of complaints that way. Just my opinion.

I joined mypoints back in 2000 cause it was a easy way for me to get something for free. I figured if I can get 5 or 10 emails a week and do that for a lifetime, lol, I can eventually get something out of it. I have earned just under 58k in 11 years and virtually none of that spending money. It takes 2 or 3 seconds to read a email and normally, unless they give a higher return, I opt out of the surveys and take the 10 points. I have cashed out twice this year for 25. Its been prompt and fast both times. GREAT WORK MY POINTS.

I do think they do a good job. I just wish I could rely on the venders that they give points on. I was able to give my daughter 4 nice gift cards for Christmas last year. So I do appreciate them.

Fiestyvermin....I'm with you...plus it's a change from the usual run of the mill surveys. A little change of scenery helps, at least me anyway. :-)