ValuedOpinions rant

fiestyvermin

I am finding that I constantly get told by Valued Opinions that the dollar amount of the survey will be added to my account in a short amount of time. I find that after being brought back to the VO site I am told something totally different. The short amount of time changes to 28 days. Now do they think we are stupid or what? I have written them several times requesting an explanation to no avail. At the end of the survey I am told that it will be credited shortly on the VO review page where they ask you to make comments I am told 28 days.

I have found test spin to be quite good. I can usually get paid with in a day or two. VO is totally different. I know last year when you put in for a amazon payment it happened immediately and they changed that, which i hated. They said it was for safety but as everyone knows it was just for them to keep the money longer. VO has gone so far downhill its pathetic. I know I emailed them about the surveys that on the last page of the survey says my account be credited in a few minutes. Then the site tells me 28 days. I was never given a response and I will try and email them again.

The speed of their payouts is horribly disgusting. Almost as bad as surveyhead

I was in the middle of a survey for VO when I clicked the next page I got "Internet Explorer cannot find the page" blah, blah, blah. I emailed VO explaining what happened and here is the reply I received:

Dear Valued Opinions member

Thank you for your email regarding one of our surveys.

All emails that are sent to us regarding technical issues are important. We pass them on to the relevant department(s) so they can make improvements to current and future surveys.

We do regret if we are unable to resolve your problem immediately but technical issues can vary in complexity and there is not always an instant answer or solution.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any further questions about this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or check our FAQ.

Kind regards,

Isabel

The Valued Opinions Team

The perverbial "blow off" email. Done! As soon as I hit the cashout I'm canceling my membership. They were great and a fairly decent money maker for me in the beginning, but not any more. I'll make sure I post my ranking on SP's ranking page with a nice "thumbs down" for basically telling me to kiss their arse. They can kiss mine too.

Here is the response from VO and also my response to them.

Dear Valued Opinions member,

Thank you for your email.

When you have successfully completed a survey, the reward is held in pending

status until the full study has drawn to a close and the data has been

processed. Please note that, depending on the size and complexity of the

survey, it can take up to 28 days for a survey to be rewarded.

My response which was not very nice:

IF the survey tells me that the reward will be credited in a few minutes, THEN I and everyone else who works for your company EXPECTS TO BE PAID IN A FEW MINUTES. The problem is with TRUTH. If the survey is not going to credit, as it states, then dont let that ever show up on the screen. EVERY TIME I SEE that I am going to send a email asking why it hasnt credited PER WHAT IS BEING TOLD BY THE SURVEY. To change from a few minutes to 28 days is crazy and not going by anything that is being told by the survey.

My original Message to them:

I completed 2 surveys one on 7/30 the other on 7/31. I know the one on 7/31

was 2.00 the other I am not sure. After completing both of those surveys I

was told to check my balance as it should be credited shortly. My balance

did not change. I am trying to figure out why tell me my balance would be

credited shortly then make me wait 3 or 4 weeks or until VO feels like

crediting my account. Something is very fishy about this and I truly hope it

can stop.

Mark Waldee

I have found test spin to be quite good. I can usually get paid with in a day or two. VO is totally different. I know last year when you put in for a amazon payment it happened immediately and they changed that, which i hated. They said it was for safety but as everyone knows it was just for them to keep the money longer. VO has gone so far downhill its pathetic. I know I emailed them about the surveys that on the last page of the survey says my account be credited in a few minutes. Then the site tells me 28 days. I was never given a response and I will try and email them again.

The speed of their payouts is horribly disgusting. Almost as bad as surveyhead

Really in a day or two?It seems to take a month or two before the surveys to go into my account as paid.Now as far as giving me my AGC they always on time.

Is it me or are we all running ourselves ragged? VO being the example: survey states that the reward will be credited to our account within a few minutes, which we expect, but after checking we find that it has not been credited. When VO is questioned, they explain it can take up to "when hell freezes over" (okay I'm exaggerating a tad but you know what I'm saying,) due to the complexity and other shite. What they have us doing is constantly checking to see if our points have been credited, it's like we keep running back to check for the reward that has all of a sudden been held up in a "pending status." We then become aggravated, and I while I agree with fiestyvermin that they shouldn't state the account will be credited within minutes if that isn't going to be the case; isn't there some way we can keep track of the surveys completed, and then say check back in an hour or whatever time you want, to see if the credit is there? I keep the invitation, however, I don't know how to get a confirmation or proof that I completed the survey in case those rewards get lost. I don't know, I'm just trying to think of ways to make things easier on us....these companies are going to do whatever they want, we are basically at their mercy.

I agree 100%. The problem with VO is that on the rewards page it never shows the date of when the study was completed it just shows the amount and survey number. Keeping track of the number of and frequency of their emails is a huge pain. It would be worth a shot. What I am going to do is every time I get a email from them and when I complete the survey and I am taken back to their site I will send myself a email with those stats. Then every time I complete a new one I can just add to that list and delete the ones that are paid. When I add one to the list and send it back to myself I will delete the old email that way I have a running total of is pending. Takes all question out of it and then if something doesnt pay I know. If everyone will do this it might make a difference and give us credibility in our rants

ok heres the closing of this situation and understand I everytime they I take a survey and I am told this I am sending them a email asking why it hasnt credited.

Thanks for taking part, your reward balance will be credited shortly.

In the meantime perhaps you could give us a little feedback on your experience of completing the survey you have just done? This will help us improve our surveys in the future.

The very next screen:

Your Valued Opinions account will be credited within the next 28 days!

I am getting no credible response from them but they are standing by the 28 days regardless. We all know that 28 days is a total myth.

BULL F'ING SHITE!!! I'm sorry....why do you have to wait 28 days???? Oh, they wait 28 days until they get paid too, right? I'm a crabby abby applehead right now, sorry. Why can't we get any kind of LEGAL support, recourse, anything to make things fair, i.e. payment when survey is completed. I realize there will never be equal rewards/pay for the surveys/time spent, I won't even dream of that day coming, but gee whiz, they expect this and that out of the surveyers, WE should be able to expect somthing equal in return, besides getting a swift kick in the arse.

That sounds like a good way to keep track, and I will follow suit. Hopefully our comrades will too. I realize some may not, and that 's cool, they'll still be my comrades. But you're right, we have to stick together, and have PROOF to back up our rants. Good idea Fiestyvermin!

It all goes back to my original B**I**T*** to which VO gives no credible response. Why the does it go from a few minutes to 28 days on the next freakin screen what is that? It wont or cant be solved I will just keep filling their emails with all those that dont post and give them no end of grief. I have been a member according to the payouts since middle to end of 08. In that time I have made only 700 dollars with them for 3 years worth of work. I really wish they would bring back the visa card as amazon can be a HUGE rip off

The only gift cards I take are from mypoints and i always get lowe's. So far no probs with it, but i'm sure now that i said that i'm jinxed. lol Hang in there, we will either run them out of town just like otx or they will have to change, plain and simple. Power to the people!! Say what you will about John Lennon, like him, love him or hate him, he took his stand with the people and if he was still alive today, he would help fight our cause. Lennon hated to see crap like this go on, and he inspired the people, reminded us that we are the government, they work for us. That's just a small part of what is wrong with today's world and society.....nobody cares, no celebrity wants to "spread the wealth" so to speak and fight for what is right. I love(d) John Lennon. The middle-class people need someone like Lennon or you will see the middle-class wiped out, and that's scary.

Thing is, VO wouldn't be getting so many complaints from you or other surveyers if the followed their own guidelines and rules that THEY made, not us. GRRRR. (lol) I'm not the one who's dumber than a box of rocks, the ebsite companies are.

I received another answer to a email that I sent to them on Saturday about a survey that told me I would be paid in a few minutes and I just had to post this as IT IS SOMETHING EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE AWARE OF:

Many of our surveys are hosted by third party clients. They might have a message saying you will be rewarded shortly, but this applies to panel members for their site only. The message at the end of these surveys are not adjusted for each and every different person on different panels.

Any survey that you are invited to take through your Valued Opinions account will be rewarded in 28 days time.

Isabel signed this one herself so obviously the site that is giving the survey is the culprit not VO. Now if you believe that BS I will sell you some ocean front property in the Sahara Desert.