Burn out?

everbloomin1

kbennette, do you do a lot of focus groups, is it worth it. do you do online online ones, or outside locations?

It's really hard to do a lot of them, but the pay is so much better. I did one last year where we had do decide on a trucking logo. It paid $200.00 and they validated our parking. It lasted 2 hours but the time flew by because the moderator was high energy and fun. I have completed two over the past few months one for $150.00 and fast food focus study for $100.00. PM me and I will give you the website to join.

I don't do a lot of focus groups because many times they are looking for a certain group of people in a specific area. It is definitely worth it big time, when you do quality it's always for $75.00 and more. I prefer to do the online ones because you can do them any where. It's usually a series of questions on a board that must be answered. The good thing about the last one I did was you able to see everyone's answers once they poasted them on the board. I have only gone to one location in Baltimore. It was worth it because that one paid $200.00.

kbennette, do you do a lot of focus groups, is it worth it. do you do online online ones, or outside locations?

It's really hard to do a lot of them, but the pay is so much better. I did one last year where we had do decide on a trucking logo. It paid $200.00 and they validated our parking. It lasted 2 hours but the time flew by because the moderator was high energy and fun. I have completed two over the past few months one for $150.00 and fast food focus study for $100.00. PM me and I will give you the website to join.

hi avanbens, kbennette, danielle1234 are there any legit online focus groups you recommend? I saw something above that seemed like OO might have focus groups--but I have never seen them.

Thanks so much

Just take a break...I do it all the time...I get into it for months, and then take a break for a little bit. Although I take breaks, I still attempt to do surveys from survey companies that don't send as much invitations as others. For example: Pinecone, ClickIQ, Springboard, Legerweb, Opinionbar, ACOP, HCDsurveys, Surveysavvy and a few others that don't send out as much survey invitations as OO, GTM, Surveyspot, Toluna, Valued Opinions, etc. I do the surveys from those companies while taking a break because they don't send out many survey invitations as others, and I would like to try to attempt every survey invitation from them because it takes longer to cash out with those kinds of companies.

hi kbennette...are the sites you referenced cash only? i am looking to weed out any bogus sites and just focus on the top..yo uhave a few i have never tried...legerweb, and hcd...but I am going to try them. thanks for the info

i'm very burnt out on surveys. i'm starting a new job where i'll be much busier (i currently do most of my surveys at work) so i'll be cutting it down to a select few and just sticking with them

i'll still keep trying for focus groups because thats where they money is at

already cut

E-rewards - garbage rewards is more like it

Toluna - done working for pennies

GTM - well as soon as i cash my check tomorrow. they are just boring as hell

cutting after my next cashout

Surveyhead - may just cut my losses

Surveyspot - just not worth the time

Valued Opinions - Boring surveys

Cint

keeping

Opinion Outpost - although i'm getting sick of them

Epoll - boring but easy and infrequent

ACOP

Pinecone

Viewpoint Forum

mysurvey - i actually do OK with them because of the Beer Panel and Purchasing Panel and things like that

Esearch

Synovate/Marie Brighton - leaning towards getting rid of this one but i like the occasional PT's

i'm very burnt out on surveys. i'm starting a new job where i'll be much busier (i currently do most of my surveys at work) so i'll be cutting it down to a select few and just sticking with them

already cut

CINT

keeping

E-Poll - boring but easy and infrequent

ACOP

Pinecone

Viewpoint Forum

MySurvey - i actually do OK with them because of the Beer Panel and Purchasing Panel and things like that

Esearch

Synovate/Marie Brighton - leaning towards getting rid of this one but i like the occasional PT's

Hey Dan--how do you get on the panels you mentioned and also hat do you mean by PT from SYnovate..I am trying to cut my losses as well and just going on suggestions of the folks here.

is not familiar with esearch any clues about it and how are the payouts?

I do ok with GTM, OO, I dropped survey spot and got dropped by surveyhead-dqed more like it, onlycashsurveys-same thing as surveyhead, and myview. a few others that are avoiding me right now lol.

already cut

CINT

keeping

ACOP

Pinecone

Viewpoint Forum

MySurvey - i actually do OK with them because of the Beer Panel and Purchasing Panel and things like that

Esearch

Hey Dan--how do you get on the panels you mentioned and also hat do you mean by PT from SYnovate..I am trying to cut my losses as well and just going on suggestions of the folks here.

just google them and sign up :D (except Pine Cone and Viewpoint which are invite only)

PT=Product Tests

I do ok with GTM, OO, I dropped survey spot and got dropped by surveyhead-dqed more like it, onlycashsurveys-same thing as surveyhead, and myview. a few others that are avoiding me right now lol.

Esearch hardly sends any surveys but they pay by paypal and pay decent (a couple bucks/survey)

already cut

CINT

keeping

ACOP

Pinecone

Viewpoint Forum

Esearch

just google them and sign up :D (except Pine Cone and Viewpoint which are invite only)

PT=Product Tests

Esearch hardly sends any surveys but they pay by paypal and pay decent (a couple bucks/survey)

Hey Dan...meant specifically the Beer and Purchasing Panels...I belong to all the survey panels you mentioned, but never saw those panels on mysurvey.....

Another survey I will be quitting. This was the last straw with synovate. My husband was invited to complete a 3000point survey, which I persuaded him to attempt. I am the one who usually does them. Page after page of explicit financial info, reached last page asking his opinion of the survey, then unable to continue. Survey just ended. Then he receives a message that not qualified. Imagine receiving a page asking your opinion of the completed survey and then not qualified. This was a completed survey. I emailed synovate and I received 100 points which is 10 cents. Good bye synovate. My experience with them has been paltry rewards, points are inflated to seem better than they are. Move the decimal point 3 places to the left example: 100 points is 10 cents. I will unsubscribe after cashout reached.

• 3 weeks later...

Synovate has always been overrated imo. It's one of those "make it look like you're getting a lot with big numbers" kind of deals. Yeah, you get 950 points or something, but it's 5000 points for $5.

For me, I'm down to 3 I check/do once in a while:

Pinecone - only one that resembles "regular" for me. Even got a product test for the first time in forever.

Opinion Outpost - for when I feel like wasting an hour trying to "qualify" - Which isn't often.

Epoll - for when I feel like answering the same "have you seen/heard of..." kind of survey. Which isn't often.

Synovate has always been overrated imo. It's one of those "make it look like you're getting a lot with big numbers" kind of deals. Yeah, you get 950 points or something, but it's 5000 points for $5.

For me, I'm down to 3 I check/do once in a while:

Pinecone - only one that resembles "regular" for me. Even got a product test for the first time in forever.

Opinion Outpost - for when I feel like wasting an hour trying to "qualify" - Which isn't often.

E-Poll - for when I feel like answering the same "have you seen/heard of..." kind of survey. Which isn't often.

:( I find myself in the same position. Pinecone is number one. Opinion Outpost downgraded, operating on its past good reviews but no longer, may eventually cancel. Epoll easy to do, am keeping but wish I received more surveys from them. By the end of this year I will unsubscribe from most. Whatever I keep will be on the fence except Pinecone unless Pinecone becomes "new and improved" and you know what that means. :(

I used to be a long-term survey taker (I wouldn't describe myself as hardcore though :D), but in the past 10 months, my participation has dropped by 90%. I got sick and tired of the glitches, failures, lies, not getting paid, etc! Now I only take surveys with a few companies that still pay (tried and true) and the occasion focus group or PT. Sometimes you have to know when to throw in the towel and I do NOT miss the past stress of having to contend with crappy companies! :lol:

I'm the one who started this whole discussion and I've enjoyed reading all your responses -- and so very happy I'm not the only one who feels the burn. I stayed away a lot longer than I'd planned due to illness - I didn't even get on the computer for 3 weeks. Last weekend I went to each and every one of my survey sites - cashed out where I had enough money, and quit the sites that I needed thousands of points to get the minimum "prize." Who needs 'em? Plus I cleaned out my survey email (545 new surveys! Yowza!) and attempted to take the surveys I received in the last 5 days. Made a detailed list of what sites I kept and how many points I need, etc. All this took several hours over 2 days. So I started fresh this morning and I have a new energy for it. Let's see how long it lasts. Ha :lol: