Pinecone on the decline?

jb142653

I recently got this response after asking why I was no longer receiving email invitations from Pinecone...

Thank you for your email.

Periodically we have found it necessary to refresh the composition of

our research panel in order to stay current with changes in the general

population and to provide clients with the broadest possible spectrum of

consumer opinions. In doing so, on occasion we have had to discontinue

the membership of some of our panelists.

Your household was on the list for deactivation and subsequently removed

from the panel.

Although we are unable to reactivate your membership, we appreciate your

past participation and interest in the panel.

Thanks

Karen Scott

Web site: http://www.pineconeresearch.com

E-mail: [email protected]

Ref: 16z

*Please note that Pinecone surveys will now be available for a shorter

time period and we encourage you to check your emails frequently.

*If you wish to opt out from receiving future emails from Pinecone

Periodically we have found it necessary to refresh the composition of

our research panel in order to stay current with changes in the general

population and to provide clients with the broadest possible spectrum of

consumer opinions. In doing so, on occasion we have had to discontinue

the membership of some of our panelists.

Your household was on the list for deactivation and subsequently removed

from the panel.

I don't think they're on the decline at all...I receive invites all the time from them...it's like they said up above...I know it's shitty to be knocked out of panels but I guess sooner or later everyone gets knocked out of certain panels...

I dont get many -I KNOW i POSTED WHERE NEW PEOPLE COULD JOIN BUT IF IT'S AT THE EXPENSE OF OLD LOYAL SURVEY TAKERS then I will quit passing it out.

I think they could have let you know before you had to inquire. They could have sent out an email or just placed a message that would appear after you logged in.

I haven't gotten one in a while, but I seem to get more during certain times of the year.

They were just asking for new members, I wonder why they cancel some and then ask for new members?

I haven't gotten one in a while, but I seem to get more during certain times of the year.

They were just asking for new members, I wonder why they cancel some and then ask for new members?

I'd imagine that as time goes on, members age out of the panel requirements. If they accept a new member because they're in a certain age bracket and have 2 cats and no kids and then age into another bracket and have kids, they might let them go if they have no room in the new category they fill. They likely ask for new members precisely because of this fact - they no longer have enough members that match the survey requirements and so need to recruit new people to fill those spaces.

I'd imagine that as time goes on, members age out of the panel requirements. If they accept a new member because they're in a certain age bracket and have 2 cats and no kids and then age into another bracket and have kids, they might let them go if they have no room in the new category they fill. They likely ask for new members precisely because of this fact - they no longer have enough members that match the survey requirements and so need to recruit new people to fill those spaces.

Ahhhh, I see. Guess I can look forward to a decline in my surveys for that reason. I'm not OLD, just older.

Ahhhh, I see. Guess I can look forward to a decline in my surveys for that reason. I'm not OLD, just older.

Not necessarily, it was just an example. There are surveys out there for all sorts of people, I was just using an example to explain the probable reason as to why they let some members go. Whatever changes put you into another category are just as likely to net you just as many surveys as you received previously - or more. It all depends on the surveys they have to fill and what their limits are for the size of a group.