The new Opinion Outpost

fiestyvermin

Upon logging into OO today I found that the site was totally revamped. While the site looks decent it has lost the appeal that it had before and I am not real happy with what they have done. I know today it kept asking me if I wanted to complete a survey and everyone of those I tried was 3 min for a prize draw made me feel so lucky lol. I promptly emailed them and asked them to stop wasting my time with draws I am not interested at all. Hopefully it does some good. They are now allowing paypal when you have 100 points, hopefully the points continue to build fast.

It is still to soon to tell if this will be good or bad for the survey takers. My guess, with them offering more in the way of sweep entries monies earned will go down considerably. Another good site bites the dust.

Please post comments and thoughts

You were lucky you could log in at all. I can't...where the password should be, it is filled in with 8 dots (not my password number of dots). It says invalid. So...I called and they said they are still working on it and it should be fixed on Friday. I have a lot of money in there that I wanted to cash out. I hope it isn't messed up permanently, I did get a survey but wasn't qualified. I went back to the email invitation since I was logged in with my name from that and when I tried to get to Rewards, got the same dumb screen that said login. The survey, by the way said Toluna on it. Weird. Did anyone else have trouble logging in?

I logged in today & even though I love the new Paypal option I wish that they would have just added it to the old site...thing is I'm in Canada...& with the way that they've revamped the site & offering up 3 min surveys for sweeps it's the same site as Opinion World here in Canada..they offer up a ton of sweeps surveys for chance at the draws & hardly any surveys for points...I hope that OO isn't going in that direction but it's looking like it..what the hell happened to the daily surveys that were always on the old site..you could log in & usually find a 10 min 10 point survey...now that's all gone...hope this isn't another survey site going down the toilet...

Yes the revamped site reminds me of Survey Spot too. I also sent an e-mail regarding sweep entries for rewards. I wonder if OO has a new owner? I am not happy about this so far :evil:

I have a SS account but i hate doing surveys for free so rarely if ever do I do anything at all for them. Yes, OO stinks big time the look adn feel of the site is horrible and I do not like the 10 dollar pay outs. I have made close to 1000 with them and i doubt that will continue. I will probably drop the site because i hate sweeps and time is money and if they are against paying then....

I clicked on "forgot my password" (which I didn't) but it would not let me log in. So they sent me my passowrd which is NOT my password. So I log in, go to cash out and it says "This feature won't work for another week". Huh? Is anyone else going through this? I am annoyed. Why did they put the site back up if it doesn't work? Grrr.

Hi guys,

I do not like the new site at all and the paypal option does not work for me. I tried several times today and it just redirects me back to a message saying I need to redeem between 100-515 pts...

as far as survey spot--they look the same because they are now one in the same company unfortunately...when I emailed them asking if the were the same company they responded by saying:

Also, yes we now merged with SSI, which hosts Survey Spot.

Hi guys,

I do not like the new site at all and the paypal option does not work for me. I tried several times today and it just redirects me back to a message saying I need to redeem between 100-515 pts...

as far as survey spot--they look the same because they are now one in the same company unfortunately...when I emailed them asking if the were the same company they responded by saying:

Really SS?I hate SS that's why I quit them.Well I guess there's another company I can kiss goodbye!When I get my money that is!

Hi guys,

Really SS?I hate SS that's why I quit them.Well I guess there's another company I can kiss goodbye!When I get my money that is!

yes, I agree with you 100% footfree...who is left out there? ugh

My emails from OO are directing me to surveys on the old site (legacy.opinionoutpost.com). But after I did the slot machine, it redirected to the new blue site.

I will not be doing prize draw surveys. Ever.

I don’t do business with PayPal (and never will), but they still have Amazon so I guess I will hang around.

I find the new site to be a total joke. Why does it always seem when these places update it ends up being a screw for those who do their work. I have had 3 or 4 surveys in my inbox that after clicking it takes me to either page can not be displayed or just nothing happens. No redirect back to OO no information about what is happening just stops. Its bad because i have done very well with OO and they have always been my highest paying.

At least I'm not getting pop ups about restaurant.com and alawar. :mrgreen:

I'm not happy with the changes, either, since the site isn't working well for me. I'll probably give it a month more just to see how things really end up being. It's a shame because it was my favorite site and I do like having the option of paypal. :(