They must can read my mind now?

KBLover

One company refused my incentive because I "answered the same for every row."

I replied: "My gosh, is agreeing with every statement you listed somehow against the rules now? Is feeling strongly about three or four items in a row now the same as lying? Goodness. You want my honest feelings, I give them to you, and then you assume I'm cheating. Tell me again why I bother? You seem to know if I'm lying and what's in my head, then why don't you tell me how I feel and what to put? Or better yet, just fill out the surveys you would send me, and give me the reward. After all, you already know how I feel and that just can't possibly be the same for three things in a row, so you go ahead and fill it out and tell me what my 'honest feelings' are so that they can line up with some literally unwritten rule."

Will be interesting to see how they respond.

I've never had that happen to me yet. But you did the right thing by contacting them. Perhaps the way you responded might get you kicked off the panel, but who wants to be treated like that anyway.

Well, the response I got was that a my survey responses were "carfeully analyzed" and found to be inconsistent and/or evident that you weren't reading the questions.

They proceed to tell me that they have some "process" for determining these things, but they didn't elaborate on what it was or what constitutes "every row".

They "aren't saying I'm lying or cheating" but just answered incorrectly (what?? How can an opinion be wrong?)

Whatever. They can have their $1 or less surveys. I have gmail to filter them to the trash so I don't even see them when I download my messages.

Well it's called straight lining.

Almost all surveys have all sorts of ways to discourage "professional survey takers".

First they check for straight lining (which is what you described). Usually, they combine straight lining with data anamolies - meaning there is no way you could have a 'straight line" and give honest answers. Not always the case - but often.

Second, the survey is always checked for time before invites are sent. Meaning, they time the longest and shortest possible amounts of time that the survey should take. If your time falls over or under that amount, the data is checked thoroughly for any other possible "give-aways" that you are not being honest.

Third, the "type your own answer sections" - if there are any - are checked for quick one word answers or "don't know" answers, etc. While they don't expect everyone to write paragraphs, they check to make sure more than a nonosecond was spent on the response.

Fourth, some of the surveys contain a hidden question that says something to the effect of "for this question you must choose this answer" - and if you don't pick the correct answer you are flagged.

Those are just some of the tricks.

Really, the best way, and I am by no way accusing you or anyone else of doing otherwise...but the best way to go about survey taking is to JUST! BE! HONEST!

If you play the system you will most likely get caught and shut down.

And all....ALL companies, if you bother to read the fine print on their websites, etc.....all of them state that if you are suspected or proven to be providing false answers, etc, your account will be close and your earnings forfeited.

• 3 weeks later...

Really, the best way, and I am by no way accusing you or anyone else of doing otherwise...but the best way to go about survey taking is to JUST! BE! HONEST!

Which I WAS and got burned.

My HONEST answer just happened to be in a line, and not even ALL of them, just 3 or 4.

So now I have to LIE just to avoid some "quality check". If I don't really care either way, why should have I have to put anything other than that just to avoid some "trick".

And I guess I'm also going to have to read like a 6 year old so I don't "answer too fast" (I type and read very quickly and accurately), because I'm waiting for the "great answers but you gave them too fast so u r a haxor kthxbye!!!11!1!" response from some company.