OPINION OUTPOST - What have they done???

cricket

I went to their site and clicked on "Take A Survey". I took 5 in a row to see if I would be led to a POINTS survey and they just keep going with $12,000 sweepstakes. I will not do any more. They were 3 minutes each so I did it as an experiment. I can't get through to a person (and if I did it would be a rep who doesn't speak English, unlike the nice voice that comes on the automated system)...so my feeling is that calling is futile but I would say writing may get us somewhere, I don't know. What a shame...this was one of the best paying ones, I loved it. Has anyone called or written and gotten any answers as to their plan of having paid surveys again? This is really unconscionable on their part.

I wrote them twice over the weekend in regards to a check that I put in for that was late in arriving. It took them a few days to respond and I am not happy with their response:

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response. Opinion Outpost has been experiencing a lot of technical problems due to the launching of the new site.

We appreciate all of the feedback we have received about the new Opinion Outpost site. We also have received a lot of questions. Hopefully you can find some of the answers here.

-After surveying our panel, the biggest request was to add the PayPal option. If you do not want to use PayPal, please remember there are still many other reward options, including Amazon.com, Citi Bank, Restaurant.com (US only), Alawar, and donate to the American Red Cross (US only).

-The survey reward structure is still the same. If you see surveys for 0 points those are actually profile questionnaires that will help you receive more surveys. The profile questionnaire numbers begin with an "S", if you want to verify this is the case. You will still receive a prize draw for completing each of them.

- You can still pick and choose the surveys you want to participate in, by choosing which surveys to join when you receive the email invitations. The Take a Survey link just holds a lot more surveys available to you, because we did not want to overload your email boxes.

-If you are not able to log in, please email helpdesk@opinionoutpost and we will look into your account. Some accounts were not moved over in the initial batch because there were data concerns we need to look into. The points and surveys are still there, it just may take some time to migrate all of them over to the new site.

-The Opinion Outpost staff is continually working to address all of your questions and they will be answered in the order they are received. We are constantly working to improve your membership experience and we assure you this will never change.

Just outright garbage.

I wrote them twice over the weekend in regards to a check that I put in for that was late in arriving. It took them a few days to respond and I am not happy with their response:

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response. Opinion Outpost has been experiencing a lot of technical problems due to the launching of the new site.

We appreciate all of the feedback we have received about the new Opinion Outpost site. We also have received a lot of questions. Hopefully you can find some of the answers here.

-After surveying our panel, the biggest request was to add the PayPal option. If you do not want to use PayPal, please remember there are still many other reward options, including Amazon.com, Citi Bank, Restaurant.com (US only), Alawar, and donate to the American Red Cross (US only).

-The survey reward structure is still the same. If you see surveys for 0 points those are actually profile questionnaires that will help you receive more surveys. The profile questionnaire numbers begin with an "S", if you want to verify this is the case. You will still receive a prize draw for completing each of them.

- You can still pick and choose the surveys you want to participate in, by choosing which surveys to join when you receive the email invitations. The Take a Survey link just holds a lot more surveys available to you, because we did not want to overload your email boxes.

-If you are not able to log in, please email helpdesk@opinionoutpost and we will look into your account. Some accounts were not moved over in the initial batch because there were data concerns we need to look into. The points and surveys are still there, it just may take some time to migrate all of them over to the new site.

-The Opinion Outpost staff is continually working to address all of your questions and they will be answered in the order they are received. We are constantly working to improve your membership experience and we assure you this will never change.

Just outright garbage.

They de-activated my account without reason. When I sent my email asking for what happened they sent me the same email. helpdesk support is the same for survey spot opinion world. they never send personally written emails. Opinion Outpost disappeared. I think if you take a survey from SurveySpot, then you can't take the same survey from Opinion Outpost. They are paying surveys from $1 to $3, but about 3 months or less the surveys will be for $0.50 like SurveySpot or OpinionWorld. Because all the 3 websites comes from the same company. They can't pay more in Opinion Outpost than SurveySpot for the same surveys. Because then every member from Survey Spot would change to Opinion Outpost. This is just the beginning of the end.

It is just awful...Some people seem to be able to cash out. I cannot....and it is impossible to get an answer from them. Just very sad. In my opinion they WERE the best.

SSI strikes again! Every Time I get a survey that has the name SSI on it I hit the red X. They are worse than OTX was and they are using this tactic to get free answers and to rip us off. With OO gone there are very few good companies left. I had not been doing surveys for a few months due to my work and I am shocked at how everything has gone to hell in the survey world. I used to be able to make a few hundred a month (depending on focus groups) but I don't think a hundred a month is possible now. The problem is the big companies like SSI have taken over the smaller good paying companies like OO and are not going to pay. They destroyed Survey Spot and will do the same to Opinion Outpost. I will be picking and choosing the surveys I do very carefully from now on. Don't waste your time just to make the rich even richer.

gene is 100% correct...I used to cringe when I saw OTX---now I have the same feeling towards anything to do with SSI (which will soon be almost all the surveys out there)

I find it utterly rediculous that they say you can choose which surveys to participate in when they wont show you available surveys. If they are not showing which surveys then how do you know what you want to participate in what points are available or even why you should want to try qualifying.

OO was one of my favorite sites from the beginning(over two years ago). The only thing they did not have was the Paypal option and when I heard that they were adding it I was extremely pleased. That satisfaction was short lived, as I recently tried to login to my account only to find out they have frozen my account due to data concerns. Really? I have never had any problems with them having cashed out over $300 to date and now all of a sudden there is a concern about my data. This really sucks. Went through the same thing with Survey Spot last year after they abruptly booted me and now I find out that they are the new owners of OO. Looks like I won't be making any more money from OO. I considered them both to be in my top three survey companies. I have contacted them as they requested, but I don't expect much from them at this point.

I logged in tonight and boy what a change! Not sure that I am happy with it. I think you can now cash out at $10 instead of $20 but it will be a Paylpal payment. I am fine with that. I just received a check from them at the beginning of last month and I am glad I did. Holy cow, I have no available surveys with them now and no more spin for $, which I never got anyway. Some big giveaway and fat chance of any of us winning it. I will see how long it takes me to cash out and then I will probably give up on them. I really liked them too. Too Bad.

• 1 month later...
I find it utterly rediculous that they say you can choose which surveys to participate in when they wont show you available surveys. If they are not showing which surveys then how do you know what you want to participate in what points are available or even why you should want to try qualifying.

Am trying to reach cashout so I can unsubscribe. Receiving SSI surveys. Attempted them today against my better judgment, spent at least 30 minutes and disqualified. Some were surveys in disguise, one had a grid of at least 25 rows. They received info for free. This is the message I received. Your opinions have power, thank you for sharing them. Instead of thanks how about $? Does SSI own OO? They WERE one of the best!

• 1 year later...
My Opinion outpost says I have been frozen.I do not understand why.Can anyone help me with this? I have been with them for over a year and really enjoyed the sight. I'm totally bummed!

Shoot out an email asking them to reinstate your account. Mine was froze in October 2011 along with many others "data concerns" fooie................... :twisted:

But on the upside, I emailed them and they reactivated it last month................. :D