Can you really?

Safire3296

Can someone or many tell me if you can HONESTLY make money doing surveys?? Not points, not sweeps, not having to get people to join, just COLD HARD CASH?? I keep going in circles to get nowhere!! Even this Forum looks like a ghost town.. Is there a more active one someone can suggest? I just bought this book 'Easy Ways to get more money with paid surveys' The book is a JOKE!! What a fool I was to even spend the money!! :evil:

Yes, it is possible. However, only a few companies offer cash only. Most of the companies have switched to a points exchange program where points can be converted to cash via Paypal or a check. You can also get money from doing focus groups or the occasional study or product testing. You can find a lot of information around this site and you can also try slickdeals.net/forums.

insomniac Thank you so much :D. I am looking around now, there is a ton of information. Allot of it is from last year or earlier..

Where is the best place to start on this forum?

I would suggest the online survey tips section first - alot of the information still holds true to this day. To sign up with sites, you can check the Survey Police survey list and especially look at their ratings. This can give you an idea of which survey companies have a good rating or not. Just remember though, what doesn't work for one might work for another person and vice versa. Also, I would suggest checking out slickdeals.net/forums (look under the FREEBIES section you will see a tab for surveys. They have a complete list of companies and such and the forum is pretty active. I believe they have a Wiki link as well for all companies that they know about. You can also try Anika's site (i forget her address) as she has a long list of companies that are tried and true.

Just a couple of things though. While it is possible to make money doing this, you won't make a fortunte or even a ton of money every month. And secondly, the amount of money you earn per month depends on how much a company seeks your demographics, how much you qualify for an actual survey, the number of companies you belong to, and how much effort you put into doing them. Don't be discouraged though because all of us here have started as newbies and have had to find what works and doesn't work. It does take a little bit of patience especially with some companies. Hope that helps.

Under which folder do you look under on slickdeals.net/forums for survey’s?

The section is FREEBIES - scroll down the front page (3rd down) and you will find it. Look under FREEBIES and there will be a smaller word that says "surveys" - this is the subforum. You can go from there. Good luck! :)

While I agree the list is great administrator this forum is so inactive that it is sometimes beneficial to look at other forums and groups..I love the layout of this site much better and hope it picks up.

While I agree the list is great administrator this forum is so inactive that it is sometimes beneficial to look at other forums and groups..I love the layout of this site much better and hope it picks up.

As slow as things are now you have to hunt like h to find a good paying survey. This is by far the worst I have ever seen the survey business. Now that OO has gone to the dogs things have gotten even worse. I bet I have signed up for 20 focus groups and bulletin boards in the past week and not one single call. They are out there but I think they are getting pickier about demographics.

As others have said, it is definitely possible. One thing that I have not seen mentioned yet is the fact that many companies will be slow to send you surveys at first. You need to do as many of these first surveys as possible so that they will know it is worth the time/effort to send you a survey. Some of the companies are more automated now, but I have found that when I am not active, I will get fewer surveys than I do when I am very active.

At best, surveys provide a good source of pocket change. Right now, I think it is most profitable for people like me, who keep an eye on amazon.com for the occasional really super awesome deal. Exchanges for amazon.com tend to be a better rate than those for paypal and the gift card balances take forever to expire, so you can build up a balance so that when that awesome gold box deal or clearance item comes up, you can grab it for free.

I will also add that what is a good survey site for me, might be terrible for you. A large part of survey success is in finding who is interested in people like you. As a result, the initial search is very hit or miss for the most part. I also think we could give you better information if we knew what your goal was - aside from obviously wanting to make money. =p If you're looking at surveys as a substitute for a "real" job, etc.

There is no easy way to make money. :)

• 2 weeks later...
As others have said, it is definitely possible. One thing that I have not seen mentioned yet is the fact that many companies will be slow to send you surveys at first. You need to do as many of these first surveys as possible so that they will know it is worth the time/effort to send you a survey. Some of the companies are more automated now, but I have found that when I am not active, I will get fewer surveys than I do when I am very active.

At best, surveys provide a good source of pocket change. Right now, I think it is most profitable for people like me, who keep an eye on amazon.com for the occasional really super awesome deal. Exchanges for amazon.com tend to be a better rate than those for paypal and the gift card balances take forever to expire, so you can build up a balance so that when that awesome gold box deal or clearance item comes up, you can grab it for free.

I will also add that what is a good survey site for me, might be terrible for you. A large part of survey success is in finding who is interested in people like you. As a result, the initial search is very hit or miss for the most part. I also think we could give you better information if we knew what your goal was - aside from obviously wanting to make money. =p If you're looking at surveys as a substitute for a "real" job, etc.

There is no easy way to make money. :)

I don't think there is anything to, doing more surveys will get you more surveys. It all depends on demographics, if yours fit then you are in.

I don't think there is anything to, doing more surveys will get you more surveys. It all depends on demographics, if yours fit then you are in.

I have found that if I stop doing surveys as frequently, I do not get sent as many offers - especially not the ones that only need a few people and a quick response. I don't think it is a far-fetched idea to think that some survey sites would not bother sending emails out if someone stops doing them or does not start.

I have found that if I stop doing surveys as frequently, I do not get sent as many offers - especially not the ones that only need a few people and a quick response. I don't think it is a far-fetched idea to think that some survey sites would not bother sending emails out if someone stops doing them or does not start.

I guess that could be true in some cases but I think when they are slow they are slow, just like any other business. I quit doing the el-cheapo surveys a few years ago and I found that I make quite a bit more money now than when I was dumb enough to do them all. So by not doing as many, I am making more money. Go figure!

I'm not saying always do the cheap ones. Just that you need to do whatever ones they send you when you first sign up for a panel so that they see you will actually do the surveys. Once they are sending you more, then you can be picky. If you notice the amount of surveys you're getting is starting to slack, you might want to do a cheap one or two to show them you are still active. I have experienced this with Toluna, Opinion Outpost, and mysurvey. :)