Toluna Problem

Chelsea

For a little over a week I haven't been able to log in to Toluna. When I log on, the site says "wrong username and password" even though I am putting in the right information. I've contacted Toluna twice and still haven't heard anything back (I know, it's only been a week but it doesn't seem like it should take that long to clear this issue up.)

Has anyone else had this problem? Could they have removed my account without telling me? I wonder because I did request a check and a day or so later my account suddenly doesn't work.

This could probably go in the Rants and Raves section but since I posted here I figure I should follow up here.

I finally got an email back from Toluna and suffice it to say I am not too happy. After emailing them twice they finally sent me a curt email saying that I violated the Terms of Membership.I signed up with the company in early October, so it took me about a month to cash out (and had some points left over as well). I find that very convenient considering I accrued enough points and cashed out on 10-28. A day or so later, my account is closed with no email, no explanation, no warning. I emailed them back asking them to explain what I did, but I don't expect to receive anything. They closed my account without any communication so if I hadn't contacted them I imagine they would have never sent me anything at all.

I am very offended because I make every effort to provide accurate answers to survey questions. If I made a mistake it was an honest one so to be treated this way is offensive to me. Not only that, I wasted a significant amount of time.They said the found a "serious violation." I can not imagine what that could be and any mistake I may have made was definitely not a serious one.

I have a feeling that Toluna really doesn't want to pay. They offer a pittance for their surveys and then find a reason not to pay. If this is how they treat people, especially people like myself that tries to provide thoughtful answers, I don't want to be a part of it anyway. Maybe they didn't like that I accumulated points so quickly? That's all I can think of because I highly doubt that everyone on that site is as honest and thoughtful as I've tried to be while taking their surveys, especially considering the ridiculously low compensation they offer.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my very disappointing experience. Good luck.

Chelsea,

That is disturbing, but I really think you should pursue this with them. I have found them pretty ethical. Have they screwed me over on points in the past?? yes...but all in all, I think they are one of the last standing out there...have you called them? contacted them on social media? I just got an email from them today that was very courteous.. see if you can contact them to see what happened..You are certainly due that. They owe it to you...If they cannot explain that to you then in reality they are guilty of theft of service.

Try reaching out to them again...well, only if you want to--but that would be my advice...Good luck with this

Tommy,

Thanks for your response. I sent them an email today so I'm waiting to hear back. I have not called them as I don't see a number on their site to call, just an email contact page. I'd rather not waste too much more of my time considering I'll most likely be out all the time it took to accumulate the points over the past month. I'm glad to hear you have had good experiences with them and before this I didn't have any problems either (although I was only a member for a month), aside from being irritated at the insulting level of compensation on some of the surveys.

I absolutely agree that they should explain to me what happened. To me that's the decent thing to do. I'll most likely update here if I receive anything back from them.

I agree--I would not waste time...you know what, I am going to look and see if I have a contact for you..Pretty sure I do..I will send you a message for your email address and send it there....they are genuinely nice people....I will email you probably tomorrow because I have to get back to work now.

Tommy,

Thanks for your response. I sent them an email today so I'm waiting to hear back. I have not called them as I don't see a number on their site to call, just an email contact page. I'd rather not waste too much more of my time considering I'll most likely be out all the time it took to accumulate the points over the past month. I'm glad to hear you have had good experiences with them and before this I didn't have any problems either (although I was only a member for a month), aside from being irritated at the insulting level of compensation on some of the surveys.

I absolutely agree that they should explain to me what happened. To me that's the decent thing to do. I'll most likely update here if I receive anything back from them.

Hi Tommy,

The phone number for Toluna is::203-834-8585. Good luck

Update:

My account has been reactivated with Toluna. I emailed Toluna twice after the email I received about a supposed "serious violation." I received a response to the second email I sent (thanks to Tommydee here on the boards for helping me find the right contact info) and, in praise of Toluna, I received a response within 10 minutes. The support person asked for a few days to get back to me on this issue, which I had no problem with. Again, in praise of Toluna's (or rather, this support person) quickness, I received a response the next morning (Friday). They also "apologized" for the inconvenience.

That's where the praise for Toluna ends though. I won't post the email I was sent, however, it was lacking in information and, in my opinion, disrespectful. I was essentially told that the IT Department confirmed the violation and "reminded" that Toluna reserves the right to suspend or block users' accounts if they conclude that users' have not provided accurate information. I wasn't, however, told what the "serious violation" I committed was, however, the support person told me that since the error may have been unintended (gee that's big of them) Toluna has decided to reactivate my account.

I'm going to go ahead and post the email I sent in response. Although I'm glad they reinstated my account, I don't appreciate the way I was treated. I know this is a lot to read, but I wanted to make sure I updated here what happened. I have gotten a lot from reading others' experiences with companies so, here it goes:

I’m glad my account has been reinstated and I appreciate your timely assistance on this matter. That said, I do not need to be reminded that Toluna reserves the right to cancel or block members’ access to the site. I read the site terms, which is more than I can imagine can be said for most members.

I do not think it is unreasonable for a user to ask why their account has been cancelled or blocked and points have been forfeited. A mistake could easily be made on your end and if it is on the users’ end, it is not unreasonable to want to be told what that is, if not just for the sake of not repeating the same mistake again.

I also understand that your clients, “depend on factual information in order to make decisions about products, services, and policies that affect consumers.” I also would like to point out to you that Toluna depends on our (survey respondents) answers in order to provide them with that information. Without us, there is no information to provide and so respect and understanding are appreciated if, in the course of responding to surveys, an honest mistake is made on the part of the user. I would imagine that Toluna would appreciate the same respect and understanding when mistakes are made on their end, as I’m sure occurs from time to time.

I appreciate that you acknowledge that whatever mistake occurred “may have been an unintended action.” Even though I have not been made aware what that mistake was, any mistake made on my part was without a doubt an honest, unintentional, mistake. If I may go back to the concept of respect for the survey respondent, informing them of the cancellation or suspension of their account and the specific reason for doing so (beyond simply, we found evidence of inaccurate responses with no explanation as to what those inaccurate responses were, considering the reason was “confirmed” by the IT department) would be a respectful and courteous way to treat survey respondents.

I will bear in mind that you will continue to monitor member accounts and if you come across a “similar situation” you will “block accounts again.” Although I do not know what the “situation” was, I will continue to provide honest, thoughtful responses as I have done so all along. I will also monitor the surveys I take, the dates, and the points received. In case of a “situation” on your end, I will not hesitate to exercise my right to unsubscribe from the panel and thus no longer provide Toluna with my responses which their clients need and cannot obtain without survey respondents, such as myself.

I’m glad that Toluna appreciates my being a member of the panel, however, in the future I would rather that appreciation is shown in respectful action rather than simply words.

Regards

If they do respond to me, I'll update again but I doubt it. I just don't think it's right that companies' treat members' this way. While I don't think they are required to send you notification that they cancelled your account and the reason why, to me it's disrespectful not to. On top of that, as I said in the email, they make their fair share of mistakes so a little respect for those of us who take the surveys that make them money would be nice. I didn't even get into the insulting compensation they offer (that's certainly not unique to Toluna though of course), since that's a whole other story.

Anyway, I'll stop here.

Update:

My account has been reactivated with Toluna. I emailed Toluna twice after the email I received about a supposed "serious violation." I received a response to the second email I sent (thanks to Tommydee here on the boards for helping me find the right contact info) and, in praise of Toluna, I received a response within 10 minutes. The support person asked for a few days to get back to me on this issue, which I had no problem with. Again, in praise of Toluna's (or rather, this support person) quickness, I received a response the next morning (Friday). They also "apologized" for the inconvenience.

That's where the praise for Toluna ends though. I won't post the email I was sent, however, it was lacking in information and, in my opinion, disrespectful. I was essentially told that the IT Department confirmed the violation and "reminded" that Toluna reserves the right to suspend or block users' accounts if they conclude that users' have not provided accurate information. I wasn't, however, told what the "serious violation" I committed was, however, the support person told me that since the error may have been unintended (gee that's big of them) Toluna has decided to reactivate my account.

I'm going to go ahead and post the email I sent in response. Although I'm glad they reinstated my account, I don't appreciate the way I was treated. I know this is a lot to read, but I wanted to make sure I updated here what happened. I have gotten a lot from reading others' experiences with companies so, here it goes:

I’m glad my account has been reinstated and I appreciate your timely assistance on this matter. That said, I do not need to be reminded that Toluna reserves the right to cancel or block members’ access to the site. I read the site terms, which is more than I can imagine can be said for most members.

I do not think it is unreasonable for a user to ask why their account has been cancelled or blocked and points have been forfeited. A mistake could easily be made on your end and if it is on the users’ end, it is not unreasonable to want to be told what that is, if not just for the sake of not repeating the same mistake again.

I also understand that your clients, “depend on factual information in order to make decisions about products, services, and policies that affect consumers.” I also would like to point out to you that Toluna depends on our (survey respondents) answers in order to provide them with that information. Without us, there is no information to provide and so respect and understanding are appreciated if, in the course of responding to surveys, an honest mistake is made on the part of the user. I would imagine that Toluna would appreciate the same respect and understanding when mistakes are made on their end, as I’m sure occurs from time to time.

I appreciate that you acknowledge that whatever mistake occurred “may have been an unintended action.” Even though I have not been made aware what that mistake was, any mistake made on my part was without a doubt an honest, unintentional, mistake. If I may go back to the concept of respect for the survey respondent, informing them of the cancellation or suspension of their account and the specific reason for doing so (beyond simply, we found evidence of inaccurate responses with no explanation as to what those inaccurate responses were, considering the reason was “confirmed” by the IT department) would be a respectful and courteous way to treat survey respondents.

I will bear in mind that you will continue to monitor member accounts and if you come across a “similar situation” you will “block accounts again.” Although I do not know what the “situation” was, I will continue to provide honest, thoughtful responses as I have done so all along. I will also monitor the surveys I take, the dates, and the points received. In case of a “situation” on your end, I will not hesitate to exercise my right to unsubscribe from the panel and thus no longer provide Toluna with my responses which their clients need and cannot obtain without survey respondents, such as myself.

I’m glad that Toluna appreciates my being a member of the panel, however, in the future I would rather that appreciation is shown in respectful action rather than simply words.

Regards

If they do respond to me, I'll update again but I doubt it. I just don't think it's right that companies' treat members' this way. While I don't think they are required to send you notification that they cancelled your account and the reason why, to me it's disrespectful not to. On top of that, as I said in the email, they make their fair share of mistakes so a little respect for those of us who take the surveys that make them money would be nice. I didn't even get into the insulting compensation they offer (that's certainly not unique to Toluna though of course), since that's a whole other story.

Anyway, I'll stop here.

Good for you. by-golly. you tell them!!! Have you noticed that they took the SPONSORED surveys and made them QUICK surveys??? That means that when we use to get say 30 points or 40/90 points you onle get 15.points. And any sponsored are only 15 points now. And surveys now 2,000 points for a 30 min. survey?? are you kidding me?? Well again good for you!!! You have a GIFT the way you stated your fellings. WHO RAW

I completed a JuicyBrains Innovation Community study that I was referred to through Toluna, has anyone else done one of these? It seemed very professional, but the study closed a couple weeks ago and I've yet to receive payment.

Good for you. by-golly. you tell them!!! Have you noticed that they took the SPONSORED surveys and made them QUICK surveys??? That means that when we use to get say 30 points or 40/90 points you onle get 15.points. And any sponsored are only 15 points now. And surveys now 2,000 points for a 30 min. survey?? are you kidding me?? Well again good for you!!! You have a GIFT the way you stated your fellings. WHO RAW

Thank you so much. I don't know if anyone at Toluna read it, but I felt better getting it out that's for sure.

Oh and I know, 2000 points for 30 minutes is just insulting. That's about 67 cents for a half hour which works out to about $1.33 an hour (And I thought I'd never use math after high school :D ). I started with my first survey company end of September and with Toluna early October so I haven't been at this very long. At first I did all the little surveys I could get my hands on because I was so excited about it but it didn't take long for me to realize my time is worth a lot more than that. In the beginning, it seems like they all add up (which, technically they do) but when you realize how long it takes to get to cash out I realized how much time I was spending to get paid an insulting rate. Don't even get me started on the "sweepstakes entries."

For a little over a week I haven't been able to log in to Toluna. When I log on, the site says "wrong username and password" even though I am putting in the right information. I've contacted Toluna twice and still haven't heard anything back (I know, it's only been a week but it doesn't seem like it should take that long to clear this issue up.)

Has anyone else had this problem? Could they have removed my account without telling me? I wonder because I did request a check and a day or so later my account suddenly doesn't work.

also a problem with them can;t understand why i could log in fine one day and the next can't i told them and got a responce but not much help.told me make sure my cookies were gone or whatever. i may just write um off only had about 2800 points that is what 1.34 probably. also reward port is not letting me log in used to do it fine and also i used to get emails from mypoints and Inbox Dollars but they have stopped they still let me log into their site but for how long.

I completed a JuicyBrains Innovation Community study that I was referred to through Toluna, has anyone else done one of these? It seemed very professional, but the study closed a couple weeks ago and I've yet to receive payment.

I believe I did the same community study that you are referring to, and I was starting to wonder about this myself. They said all payments would be made to Paypal when the project was done/closed...???

I don't get the impression that their customer service is very supportive, either, more like almost non-existent.

I'm wondering about this too..the original survey with Toluna that sent me to Juicy Brains was SUPPOSED to be for some number of points (yeah, I know stupid me I didn't make a note of the points), and when I finished the Juicy Brains sign-up or whatever, the Toluna site had credited me ONLY with "SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY", not incentive pending. I contacted them about it, and they said get back to them if it didn't credit again in a few weeks.

Has anyone else done this, and if so, did you get the points you were supposed to for doing it?

I wasn't too nervous about this until I saw on this site that Toluna has switched some people's survey rewards from the points that were promised to sweepstakes entries.....NOT cool.

I completed a Juicy Brains Innovation Community study that I was referred to through Toluna, has anyone else done one of these? It seemed very professional, but the study closed a couple weeks ago and I've yet to receive payment.

I believe I did the same community study that you are referring to, and I was starting to wonder about this myself. They said all payments would be made to Paypal when the project was done/closed...???

I don't get the impression that their customer service is very supportive, either, more like almost non-existent.

I'm wondering about this too..the original survey with Toluna that sent me to Juicy Brains was SUPPOSED to be for some number of points (yeah, I know stupid me I didn't make a note of the points), and when I finished the Juicy Brains sign-up or whatever, the Toluna site had credited me ONLY with "SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY", not incentive pending. I contacted them about it, and they said get back to them if it didn't credit again in a few weeks.

Has anyone else done this, and if so, did you get the points you were supposed to for doing it?

I wasn't too nervous about this until I saw on this site that Toluna has switched some people's survey rewards from the points that were promised to sweepstakes entries.....NOT cool.

Well all I can say is that I got a survey worth 20,000 points and almost had a cow because I was able TO COMPLEAT!!! I had the survey ## and how long it took to complete it and what it was about. Thats were the buck stopped here. I typed to them daily for 2 weeks. Finally they asked me to send a snapshot of the survey. WHAT??? It was over weeks ago. I shouldn't have to take a SNAPSHOT of the screen. I did the survey in GOOD FAITH, on the condition that I was to be paid for my time and thoughts. Thanks I had to get that out of me. My husband does not do any surveys as a matter of fact he doesn't use the computer at all so when I try to tell him about what happens when doing surveys, he doesn't understand what I'm talking about. So I am grateful to get unleash my fury here with sympathic eyes reading here. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

Hopefully this goes to Chelsea...

If you think writing a novel/reposting a VERY LONG response is going to help you --well, think again..This forum is useless.So is a very long response...

Take your response to twitter....To be honest I never read your entire response..Gave it a paragraph...that was all I could take...way too long for me..