Survey Companies population soar

fiestyvermin

I do not remember the exact details of the message that somebody put up about how they thought that survey companies after reading reports on SP seemed that surveys went down. Let me try and explain what I think and why I feel that way. People who come on here read about good companies and join those companies just as fast as they can because of the good reviews. The company is all of a sudden flooded with new members. The surveys that they have, I do not know if their survey counts increase or not, but they are only allowed a certain amount of completions. With the new influx of patrons now rather than it taking 3 or 4 days they now hit those limits in 2 or 3 hours or shorter. I dont know how much it makes on their bottom line but for those trying to make a bit extra it gets very difficult.

I know when I first started doing surveys, last year with myview, I could almost always log onto the site and be invited to a survey, now, it is next to impossible. I am told repeatedly that surveys are full and accepting no more responses. I am very honest in what I do and try my best to give credible responses. I have had months with myview where I have earned close `130k points in 3 or 4 weeks. Now I am lucky if I can get 10k a week. The surveys when I click to take they are full it is getting harder and harder.

I think it has more to do with them having more people than it does with anything else. They only have a set amount of responses they can take for each survey and when those are done it ends. Input appreciated.

Another thing that has probably really hurt the surveys on myview is they joined Quick Rewards. I love quick rewards and spend some time with them but with myview now making surveys available there means they have fewer surveys to post on their site. Just a thought and I really have no basis for this it is just a thought

I have to agree with you. The other thing that I think has hurt is that the economy has gone down. So many people are unemployed and trying to make ends meet that more people are looking to make extra money at home over the internet. Surveys are an "easy" way to do this. Those of us that have taken surveys for awhile know that it isn't the "easy" money that new survey takers think that it is. Those new survey takers have dollar signs in their eyes and think that they will be able to zip through these surveys and make a bunch of extra money.

I too am having trouble with surveys filling up fast, and I wonder at the answers the companies are getting. Those of us that take surveys and treat it as a job, will give the best answers because we rely on that money. Newbies that just want to earn the cash would probably speed through and give any old answers. That's partly why I think us old survey takers are getting screwed by these companies with "invalid results" and "you sped through the survey" crap. Yes, there are people that are doing that, but it usually isn't the old survey takers that have been with the panels the longest. Why would we be with panels for 2, 3 and over years, and then screw ourselves by giving invalid answers? Come on, that's not very smart.

I wish there was a way that these survey panels could put new survey takers on a probationary period. Survey panels should reward the panelists that have been with them the longest by offering these panelists more reward for their answers. Obviously the panelists that are there the longest are going to be the honest panelists that give their honest answers. Sorry for the rambling, but I hate that we get screwed because other people are giving crappy answers to surveys.

Very well said, raven. I really try to give it my all and be honest also. It's getting to the point where I am reluctant to post my favorite companies because it will draw more people. I had a good one waiting before but had to go to my regular job and in an hour when I had a break, it was gone. Nobody can be at the computer 24/7 and when I check my email in the morning and have 5 invitations, I prioritize them by how much they pay and the reliable companies. We do the best we can and no, this isn't what newbies think. You have to have (or quickly develop :-) a real frustration tolerance...for surveys that boot you after 20 minutes or the very slow moving ones. I love Brainjuicer but they load as slow as molasses. Anyway, I don't know the answer to feistyvermin's thoughts except to join as many reputable sites as possible and widen our choices. I'm grateful to this site as a guide, with the ratings.