Surveys asking a list of objects miles long

fiestyvermin

I am so frustrated with surveys asking questions with lists and lists of available responses for 3, 4 or even 5 brands. How in the world do they expect honesty when everything is the same and the on some the only quality they have is a question that reads please select none of the above for all of these. I mean come on now. When you have 10 or 15 selections for 4 or 5 brands it gets frustrating to try and choose what is right for every question. I am sure I am not the only one who sometimes gets frustrated and just marks responses. I hate it but I dont see any way around it.

Input or thoughts please

I am so frustrated with surveys asking questions with lists and lists of available responses for 3, 4 or even 5 brands. How in the world do they expect honesty when everything is the same and the on some the only quality they have is a question that reads please select none of the above for all of these. I mean come on now. When you have 10 or 15 selections for 4 or 5 brands it gets frustrating to try and choose what is right for every question. I am sure I am not the only one who sometimes gets frustrated and just marks responses. I hate it but I don't see any way around it.

Input or thoughts please

Been there Done that. I also HATE it when like 8 things across then below it there are little drop down answers AND you have to pick an answer for each one but not only that but there are 10-15 little drop down answers deep and at the beginning of the survey it Say's 20 min to complete. so your thinking well since this page took 15 min. to answer surly the next screen will only have a few questions on it!!! WRONG!!! There is another page of the same thing 8 things..........ect. WHAT DID YOUR WATCH BATTERIE STOP WORKING BECAUSE THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO WAY YOU COULD DO THIS IN 20.MIN. I just exit the screen. the end :twisted:

Ditto. Sometimes they ask for the opinion of the survey and I tell them that despite the fact that I am doing this as honesty as I can, after a half hour of a hundred boxes on each page, I believe that many if not most people will just put anything in order to get it over with. I tell them if they want honest answers, make the surveys shorter. I just did one that said 20 minutes and was 45 minutes and guess what? I got an error message at the end. Major bummer, needless to say. I copied and pasted the page with 3,000 weird codes and maybe they can track the survey since I didn't note the name and number, just the content which I described. This makes me not want to look at them for the rest of the day. I have a mailbox full of invitations but am so put off by this, I feel like quitting.

I am so frustrated with surveys asking questions with lists and lists of available responses for 3, 4 or even 5 brands. How in the world do they expect honesty when everything is the same and the on some the only quality they have is a question that reads please select none of the above for all of these. I mean come on now. When you have 10 or 15 selections for 4 or 5 brands it gets frustrating to try and choose what is right for every question. I am sure I am not the only one who sometimes gets frustrated and just marks responses. I hate it but I dont see any way around it.

Input or thoughts please

How do you feel doing pages of this and then disqualified?

Ditto. Sometimes they ask for the opinion of the survey and I tell them that despite the fact that I am doing this as honesty as I can, after a half hour of a hundred boxes on each page, I believe that many if not most people will just put anything in order to get it over with. I tell them if they want honest answers, make the surveys shorter. I just did one that said 20 minutes and was 45 minutes and guess what? I got an error message at the end. Major bummer, needless to say. I copied and pasted the page with 3,000 weird codes and maybe they can track the survey since I didn't note the name and number, just the content which I described. This makes me not want to look at them for the rest of the day. I have a mailbox full of invitations but am so put off by this, I feel like quitting.

Same here :twisted: I get pived off and say the heck with it. But then I am on a fixed income and in order to get presents for my girls/families I need to do the surveys. One by one they are getting worse. :roll:

I just did a Synovate survey-let me rephrase that. I attempted a Synovate survey. They had a page with a list of ingredients like cream cheese, bacon, antioxidants. I swear the list was 75 or more items long. WIth each ingredient, I had to check wether I had used, hadn't used, would consider using, etc. After a loooong time of working on the page, I submitted it. Guess what. The next page came up as an error. I tried to reload the page and I tried to backspace. Nothing. I clicked the link from the email and the page came back up needing to be redone. There was no way I was starting over. I emailed Synovate, but I have a feeling, like the failed food diary of a couple of weeks ago, I won't hear back.

I am so frustrated with surveys asking questions with lists and lists of available responses for 3, 4 or even 5 brands. How in the world do they expect honesty when everything is the same and the on some the only quality they have is a question that reads please select none of the above for all of these. I mean come on now. When you have 10 or 15 selections for 4 or 5 brands it gets frustrating to try and choose what is right for every question. I am sure I am not the only one who sometimes gets frustrated and just marks responses. I hate it but I don't see any way around it.

Input or thoughts please

Are you kidding me?? What do I feel doing pages of this and then disqualified :twisted: ?? What are you going the change it so it never happens again?? :roll: I suppose I feel like everybody else ticked off (had another word to put here but did not want to affend anybody) it's not the first time and surly not the last but it does seem to be happening alot more lately. :x

As frustrating and angry as this all makes me, there is something soothing to hear the same exact words from you guys, because you understand. I don't really have a lot of friends with whom I can commiserate about this stuff so to hear it verbalized makes me not feel so alone in this anger. The 45 minutes of insane boxes culminating in an error is the worst. I have cursed out loud. I have looked the the screen and said "Are you kidding??" It seems that it's always the tedious hundreds of boxes and drop down menu surveys that drive me crazy that wind up with the error messages. So unfair to do this to people. Sometimes I bother to write to them (I copy and paste the browser box) and sometimes I say ...bleep it, next...and keep going.

As frustrating and angry as this all makes me, there is something soothing to hear the same exact words from you guys, because you understand. I don't really have a lot of friends with whom I can commiserate about this stuff so to hear it verbalized makes me not feel so alone in this anger. The 45 minutes of insane boxes culminating in an error is the worst. I have cursed out loud. I have looked the the screen and said "Are you kidding??" It seems that it's always the tedious hundreds of boxes and drop down menu surveys that drive me crazy that wind up with the error messages. So unfair to do this to people. Sometimes I bother to write to them (I copy and paste the browser box) and sometimes I say ...bleep it, next...and keep going.

I too don't have any friends (people I see face to face) in the survey world eather :roll: Try telling my husband and I just as well be talking to my dogs, A BLANK LOOK :shock: . At least my dogs heads turn from side to side. I do have to say I have made a few good friends :D on this and another site that I can type to and I REALLY APPRECIATE having them there for me :lol: and me for them :D . So if you need some help (I still need a lot of help myself) :shock: If I can help send me a pm (private message) OK

• 4 weeks later...

Input or thoughts please

ditto! ditto!

And I love it when they ask me my racial background not once, not twice, but possibly 3 times during the qualifying questions. I once went through a whole 45 minutes of answering questions about products and after all that time, it gave me the button to submit my answers and I clicked on it. Guess what? I DIDN'T qualify for the survey!! Really?! What the heck had I been doing for the past 45 mintues then? Some of these sites are jut horrible and as soon as I can get out of them, I do. Wow, that felt good to say, thanks for letting me vent!

And I love it when they ask me my racial background not once, not twice, but possibly 3 times during the qualifying questions. I once went through a whole 45 minutes of answering questions about products and after all that time, it gave me the button to submit my answers and I clicked on it. Guess what? I DIDN'T qualify for the survey!! Really?! What the heck had I been doing for the past 45 mintues then? Some of these sites are jut horrible and as soon as I can get out of them, I do. Wow, that felt good to say, thanks for letting me vent!

Bless your little heart. Go ahead vent away, we understand. But WE AS A SURVEY FAMILY HAVE TO TAKE A STAND OR IT ISN'T GOING TO GET ANY BETTER :!::!::!::!::!:

I agree 1957horses, I think we all have to take a stand. I need to join some new ones to take the place of the bad onces I am giving the heave ho to. Why can't they just play fair. I just got an invite and in less than 30 seconds, the quota was filled. HUH?!