OO & Amazon

Daisy33

Anyone worried this relationship may have ended? They've sure been "updating" that for awhile.

And can someone explain the Citi gift cards to me -- you really can't redeem more than $25 at a time? :shock:

I believe it has nothing to do with technical issues and everything to do with OO/SSI not being sufficiently funded.

Now that you can’t get those instant $5 payouts anymore, OO/SSI can hold onto your money a lot longer. It has the effect of making them more solvent.

FWIW, I told them I was not likely to devote serious efforts towards any of their surveys until the Amazon option returned. I received a prompt reply that they are indeed working on it. I¹ll believe it when I see it.

Just posted in a seperate topic. Look at the top of the reards page. It states rewards you want and has Paypal, Citibank, Alawar Games and Red Cross. Seems to me like they are never bringing it back. I mean if you are paying some guy to do the graphic why not include Amazon?

I was told by one of their "panelist NO-support" representatives that they "are working on the Amazon option so that it issues the reward codes faster..." I think that is B.S. because the few times that I used it, it issued the codes right away. I don't think you can believe anything O/O says. I will say that the citibank option does work and they do, in my experience, issue the "e-card" within 24 hours. I also agree with the commenter that by avoiding the $5 payouts, it does have the benefit of improving their balance sheet. Very astute observation.

• 4 months later...

The other way to look at it is Citi option is being promoted here and i started using it since we dont have Amazon for a while now.

Citi option is cool too. Its the first time you need to create a user id and pwd and there on its very easy to redeem.

Its better than Amazon since you can use it like a debit card wherever you want. and it usually arrives within 24 hours to your email.

You can use it online without having to ask for a physical card which is charged 3$. Try it out and its a safe option too.

The only problem is Citi gift cards require $25 to cash out. OO did this purposely because they know with their 50 cent 30 to 45 minute surveys, it will be years before people can cash out and that allows them to keep more money from people under the $25 threshold should they go belly up.

I haven't done more than 2 OO surveys since the change. I only have like $2 with them so it isn't a huge loss if I never cashout with them again.

So if 1 million people have $2 left, that is $2,000,000 free for them.

I haven't done more than 2 OO surveys since the change. I only have like $2 with them so it isn't a huge loss if I never cashout with them again.

So if 1 million people have $2 left, that is $2,000,000 free for them.

And? I only know about *myself* and *my* choices. Was I suppose to stick with them and suffer through taking several surveys that they only gave me sweepstakes entries for before I could finally manage to cashout? Really? Then how much "free money" would they have gotten?

I prefer to stay away from this company. Each week they are becoming worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse

I prefer to stay away from this company. Each week they are becoming worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse worse

So what your saying it is they are becoming worse? :lol: Sorry couldn't resist!

• 4 weeks later...
The only problem is Citi gift cards require $25 to cash out. OO did this purposely because they know with their 50 cent 30 to 45 minute surveys, it will be years before people can cash out and that allows them to keep more money from people under the $25 threshold should they go belly up.

Well I finally reach $25 and went to cash out for a $25 Citi card (which is supposed to take one day to receive) and got the following message -

We cannot process your claim at this time. We ask for your patience as we investigate the reason behind this. This will most likely take us one week. During this time you can continue to take surveys and collect rewards.

Complaint filed with BBB.