opinionoutpost

1957horses

People WAKE UP!!!! This company is a multi million $$ business and don't care about you!!! If they did don't you think that that ALL the problems would be fixed. Accounts unfrozen, missing points, low paying surveys, It has been months. And every day people are still complaining. It isn't going to get better. As long as they have STUPID people doing their surveys for little to nothing nothing is going to change. I have NO IDEA why OO merged with SSI. SSI has the resources to buy up these survey sites BECAUSE instead of PAYING YOU A DESENT WADGE THEY POCKET THE MONEY AND SKREW YOU.SO HEY" STUPED PEOPLE" IF YOU WOULD ALL STOP TAKING THESE SWEEPS OR LOW PAYING SURVEYS MAYBE SSI WILL HAVE TO START PAYING BETTER. STUPID PEOPLE YOUR THE REASON WHY THINGS ARE STAYING THE SAME BECAUSE YOUR DOING THE SWEEPS AND LOW PAYING SURVEYS. :cry::cry::cry:

I have NO IDEA why OO merged with SSI.

SSI bought Opinion Outpost. OO went bankrupt

It still dosen't change how SSI treats us, but thank you for telling me. How dose a survey site go bankrupt??

Well they do have expenses and if they weren't bringing in enough money, for whatever reason, to cover their debts then a survey company can go bankrupt like any other business.

I haven't had any problems with OO so far but I signed up after the changeover. I don't do surveys from them for ridiculously low levels of compensation (what I consider to be ridiculous of course) or for sweepstakes entries and I agree with you that people that do them make it worse for the rest of us.

One of the reasons Opinion Outpost went belly up is that their former parent company Western Wats was Fined $500,000.00 on September 30,2009 for the unlawful use of child lobor By the US Department of Labor (DOL). This I don't believe is the only reason but it is a major factor in it. google "Western Wats Fine" for the details or see their BB page for a link.

One of the reasons Opinion Outpost went belly up is that their former parent company Western Wats was Fined $500,000.00 on September 30,2009 for the unlawful use of child lobor By the US Department of Labor (DOL). This I don't believe is the only reason but it is a major factor in it. google "Western Wats Fine" for the details or see their BB page for a link.

Wow, that's very interesting. Thanks for sharing that!

I think today will be the day I kiss OO goodbye. I was jsut in and usually I can get one paid survey in a week, at least that much. It has been two weeks and all I have gotten is the sweeps entry award surveys. I have done two of them just to see if it might lead to something else, but it didn't. This is a sad end to this company. Oh well, time to move on!!

It is indeed a sad day when Opinion Outpost whom was one of the best survey sites out there has become one of the WORST, it's a repeat of Survey Spot a couple of years ago and as we all know They're also part of SSI. Its TRULY sad when Toluna is better than OO and now they are. Survey companies are like Banks the small ones are usually the better ones, while the Big ones will rip you off every chance that they get. OO when they were a Midsized company Rocked now that they're part of a Big one they Suck!! I'll stick with some of the smaller companies since they care about their users. I'll be leaving OO sometime in the near future once I can get enough to cash out for a final time.

My PC crashed last week and I lost most of my bookmarks for sites I'll try and remember some of the companies that I've dealt with that I like, Smaller ones are uaually the way to go, though they don't have as many surveys.

Epoll.com Mostly tv and hollywood related surveys.

HCD.com long name is Health Care Direct and as th name implys they doHealth Care stuff a lot of the time, Though they also do Political Polling.

those are what I can remember.

Keep an eye out for new ones they crop up all the time, some good some bad but that still beats the big boys which are mostly bad.

I don't see why that would have anything to do with now. That happened September 2009. This is (or was) 2011 2 years after the fack. :roll:

yes the Fine was Levied on 30 September 2009, they finally agreed to pay in April 2010. I believe tha may have been a catalyst for the name change to Opinionology, IF the company was already on shaky financial footing the 500k fine could have pushed them to the brink. the owners probably started thinking about leveraging of their assets at that point and went looking for a buyer, The SSI/Dynamics router came into play in Feburary of 2011 and thats when we saw the first round of incentive decreases, the Deal between SSI/Opinionology became final in July 2011. There's other reasons involved In their going broke of this I'm sure but I'm also sure that the $500k fine had a major impact on it.

My companies are worth in excess of 25 million and I can tell you that a sudden $500k expense would put us in a world of hurt ad threaten liquidity and force some cost cutting. Remember a Government Loan, fee, levee or Fine CANNOT be relieved in Bankruptcy court, so they probably had to cut costs in other ways to offset the cost of the fine and shopped for a buyer.

yes the Fine was Levied on 30 September 2009, they finally agreed to pay in April 2010. I believe that may have been a catalyst for the name change to Opinionology, IF the company was already on shaky financial footing the 500k fine could have pushed them to the brink. the owners probably started thinking about leveraging of their assets at that point and went looking for a buyer, The SSI/Dynamics router came into play in February of 2011 and that's when we saw the first round of incentive decreases, the Deal between SSI/Opinionology became final in July 2011. There's other reasons involved In their going broke of this I'm sure but I'm also sure that the $500k fine had a major impact on it.

My companies are worth in excess of 25 million and I can tell you that a sudden $500k expense would put us in a world of hurt ad threaten liquidity and force some cost cutting. Remember a Government Loan, fee, levee or Fine CANNOT be relieved in Bankruptcy court, so they probably had to cut costs in other ways to offset the cost of the fine and shopped for a buyer.

O OK I see now. Thank you. You said "My companies" so you are a part of or own some of?? If so do you use survey sites in getting feed back on something or other?? And if so, how do you see the survey sites in handling the common survey taker like myself?? :roll: (I am not calling anybody a common survey taker here referring to myself)

I started doing surveys at least 10 years ago as a hobby, now its for fun money. I own 4 companies outright and am part owner in another concern. I use my experiance as a panel member with some of the Survey Companies as a guide as to what to do and what not to do with our Customers. Employees and Suppliers.

I'm in the process of bringing a line of Products to market, We have not begun production but are actively looking at markets, I can tell you that we will not be using SSI or any of its affiliates for our research since I'm NOT confident of their quality. If you cut corners, quality sufferes and by treating their survey panels badly their data will be comprimiised as it makes many panelists hostile to the product or service being researched.

The Biggest thing to remember is that When you are on a survey panel is that you are NOT a customer or employee of that company, you are a product of it. Think of a Panel as a FARM on that farm you have the Farmer (Panel Owner) you have Farm Hands (Employees) and Live Stock (the Panel). You see we're sheep to them instead of feed we're paid money for our opinions instead of Fleece.