Mysurvey's Cookie-tracking program

ratsing

I was on the mysurvey website this morning and happened to notice something under "Lifestyle Surveys" (which I usually don't click on, because they don't pay. Just out of curiosity, I did click on it this time and this is what came up. Sorry it is so long, but if you page down to the last entry, you'll see that you as a member are "automatically enrolled" in their cookie-tracking program. Needless to say, I opted out. Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up on this.

mysurvey Advertising Research Program

There are many different ways that mysurvey gathers consumer opinions - taking online surveys is the most frequent way we ask for your opinions. Another research program, the mysurvey Advertising Research Program, is used to understand the advertisements you see when browsing the internet. (The latest research shows consumers don't mind online advertising, but they prefer to only see ads relevant to them.)

Here's how this program works:

Browse the internet as usual - cookies are used to track the advertisements that are served to you (no software applications to download). Visit our privacy policy to learn more about how we use cookies.

Not every advertisement you see is tracked, only a select number of advertisements that our clients have registered through this research program are tracked.

The mysurvey Advertising Research Program does not track if you click on that advertisement, only if it was served to you. Additionally, this research program does not track any websites you visit, click-stream data or any other internet activities or behaviors.

As always the data collected is kept in the strictest of confidence and only aggregated data (group level) is released to our clients.

Benefits for participation:

Help companies target advertisements that are relevant to you and your lifestyle.

Receive surveys that are targeted more to your lifestyle and the things you own and use.

Members who are enrolled in the mysurvey Advertising Research Program will earn one additional entry in the Survey Completion Bonus Sweepstakes for each month of participation.

*MySurvey Advertising Research Program (Click here to learn more.)

Active members are automatically enrolled in the mysurvey Advertising Research Program

Opt-out from participating, select this option and click submit

so what if we Opt-out from participating, select this option and click submit, Now does that mean were outing from tracking cookies or we are out of mysurveys doing surveys?? :shock:

I remember seeing that under Lifestyle Surveys as well and if I recall correctly I opted-out. I'm still receiving surveys from mysurvey so I don't think opting out from the advertising research program has anything to do with receiving surveys from them.