Oh oh on OO!!

rosiesmom

I just received an emaiol from Opinion Outpost stating that the next time I redeem a reward I have to go through a process so they can verify my computer. AND they need my phone number so they can send mea PIN number to get through the redemption process. Uhm, HUH??? I haven't completed one survey with them in almost 3 weeks. Don't think I am going to jump through that hoop.

Yeah, I just got that email too.

And I was all prepared to give them props for turning Amazon codes back on (which they did).

I did this with great trepidation. The process was smooth, I got my SMS (from 1-646-217-0621), entered the code back into the OO website and my Amazon code arrrived shortly after. I just redeemed it onto my Amazon balance.

The process worked smoothly, but I have real problems with having to give out my phone # like this. I regularly decline surveys where I am asked for my phone number. My phone is on a prepaid plan, and I do not want promotional or survey SMS messages shredding my balance.

It frosts me that I had to do this to get my money out of OO.

That is scary. I have not seen that email but makes me wonder with everything why they need this information? Being able to send a pin number should make ZERO difference with the claim process.

Just more intrusion into our lives.

That is scary. I have not seen that email but makes me wonder with everything why they need this information? Being able to send a pin number should make ZERO difference with the claim process.

i havent got an email from OO yet about this. but i did get one from Survey spot saying the same thing. which i believe are under the same umberella. i am not too comfortable with this either.

i havent got an email from OO yet about this. but i did get one from Survey spot saying the same thing. which i believe are under the same umberella. i am not too comfortable with this either.

I received the same email. I agree with you!

i wish they had more surveys but no one pays out faster than Opinion Outpost.. once you reach the limit of course. $5 for amazon though. I get a lot more on surveyhead but i'm sitting on $55 still pending until they 'review' the results.. i'm holding onto a freakout if they don't pay up.

I get almost not surveys from OO now. I get DQ'd all the time now, I used to make some money with them. Nothing big, just $20 twice a year, but that was fine with me.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what happened this month, but I used to qualify for surveys all the time. Now I've just tried to take about 10 and don't qualify for any or I answer enough questions that should consider me qualified and I get "quota full" or "you don't qualify" and don't even get me started on these new sweeps surveys. DO NOT DO SURVEYS FOR SWEEPS. They are getting paid for your opinions for free if you do sweeps surveys. Do they ever post a winner on their page that wins the sweeps? I made about $60 in the past 2-3 months and just had a survey pop up 3 weeks ago that I took that I got $100 from. Now with this new system and sweeps they've got going on. I'll be lucky to make any money now..

I used to be able to cash out at least every 3 months. And i too do not qualify for many now. I finally have $6 in my account and I am ready to cashout. I will do paypal as well, so hopefully I don't have to go through the new process.