Opinion Outpost & Amazon

Bluemerc

Please tell me if you agree.

Opinion Outpost is really on a downhill slide.

They no longer issue checks, only will pay via PayPal with a "Verified Account" ( I am not giving them my bank #, nor do I want another credit card, the only way to get "verified") and Amazon has not been available for a month (they claim security problems).

The rewards are much smaller than in the past. Most survey used to pay at least $.10 per minute, and now that is very rare.

They can take up to 10 minutes to determine that you do not qualify, that is a bit too long for me.

Help please, am I being crotchety or is this happening.

If so, may be time to not use them

There is a lot stuff going on there and none of it is good. There is more to the Amazon thing than they are letting on. They also now want to do some "verification" of your phone number where they send you a pin to cash out. Only one time, they say.

The thing that really has me seeing red is that they reduced all their point incentives across the board. They just out and out deny that when you call them on it. It's beyond ridiculous. And now, their latest trick, since apparently enough people were complaining about the point reduction instead of rasing the incentives back to where they used to be, they now have changed the layout of the "invite page" you see when you click on "take a survey." They put the number of points you are to receive right up against the "O" in "Opinion" so at first glance you think there is a zero on the end. For example, a "5 point" survey looks like "5O." Seriously??? Do they honestly think that is going to fool someone?

I hate those people.

The thing that really has me seeing red is that they reduced all their point incentives across the board. They just out and out deny that when you call them on it. It's beyond ridiculous. And now, their latest trick, since apparently enough people were complaining about the point reduction instead of rasing the incentives back to where they used to be, they now have changed the layout of the "invite page" you see when you click on "take a survey." They put the number of points you are to receive right up against the "O" in "Opinion" so at first glance you think there is a zero on the end. For example, a "5 point" survey looks like "5O." Seriously??? Do they honestly think that is going to fool someone?

I hate those people.

They have fixed that typo issue as of this afternoon.

I hate those people.

They have fixed that typo issue as of this afternoon.

I saw that today. At this point I am willing to concede that it probably was just a typo but given their behavior in almost every other respect, it is not a stretch to think they would engage in something like that.

I unsubscribed from their site yesterday after not being able to successfully complete a single survey since the change. I'm so glad I cashed out before the change! I only had 5 points in my account, so it was not a big loss at all. Most of the surveys they sent me I either DQ'd from or were 30 minutes to an hour for 1 point or less. The two that I did qualify for never showed up as completed even though I had. It was a relatively easy decision to make after so much time spent filtering through emails for no pay - especially compared to what it had been.

i am seriously thinking about dumping them too. they have been on a downslide for a while now for sure. unless im absolutely bored out of my mind, i will not do any of these surveys they are sending me that are so stupidly long and hardly any points for them! maybe, hopefuly they will see the writing on the wall and straighten up. if they dont they are going to lose hind end.