SurveySpot's ridiculous termination notification.

wonchangh

Yesterday, SurveySpot terminated my account for no reason so I complained them via email.

Dear [email protected],

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your SurveySpot membership has been terminated in compliance with SurveySpot's Terms and Conditions. http://www.surveyspot.com/OW/index.aspx ... terID=2323

Without limiting any other available remedies, SSI may, without any notice, suspend or terminate your account if you breach, violate or otherwise fail to abide by or comply with these Terms and Conditions.

In the event that SSI terminates your account pursuant to Section 17 of these Terms and Conditions, you will be deemed to have immediately forfeited your rights in and to any unredeemed reward points accrued prior to such termination, and SSI will immediately terminate your access to, and ability to redeem, such reward points. The foregoing rights and/or remedies are in addition to any other rights and/or remedies available to SSI, whether at law or in equity.

Best regards,

SurveySpot Member Services

This is really ridiculous as I have taken surveys honestly without rushing out. Their message is unclear and makes me hard to understand.

Hi wonchangh,

Have you tried contacting them? I had the same thing happen to me with Toluna. Although they never told me why they terminated my account in the first place, they did reinstate it when I contacted them. It may just be a mistake so it's certainly worth contacting them.

Hi wonchangh,

Have you tried contacting them? I had the same thing happen to me with Toluna. Although they never told me why they terminated my account in the first place, they did reinstate it when I contacted them. It may just be a mistake so it's certainly worth contacting them.

its happened to me several times with them and others. reasons were so-called invalid surveys or too many so-called mistakes. SS dumped me one time. they said i reported them as spam. of which i had no idea what they were talking about unless i hit the junk button by mistake or something. anyways i got reinstated to all of them after finally getting in touch with em.

• 1 month later...

I was pleasantly surprised with SurveySpot. I tried to exchange my voucher for an e-voucher and it wasn't working. I contacted them several times and each time they responded with a different approach to fix the problem. Finally, I figured out how to get the voucher and I received the money. In this case, being persistant paid off. But it impressed me that they didn't give up on helping me.

Yesterday, SurveySpot terminated my account for no reason so I complained them via email.

Dear [email protected],

Yoursurveyspot membership has been terminated in compliance with SurveySpot Terms and Conditions. http://www.surveyspot.com/OW/index.aspx ... terID=2323

Without limiting any other available remedies, SSI may, without any notice, suspend or terminate your account if you breach, violate or otherwise fail to abide by or comply with these Terms and Conditions.

In the event that SSI terminates your account pursuant to Section 17 of these Terms and Conditions, you will be deemed to have immediately forfeited your rights in and to any unredeemed reward points accrued prior to such termination, and SSI will immediately terminate your access to, and ability to redeem, such reward points. The foregoing rights and/or remedies are in addition to any other rights and/or remedies available to SSI, whether at law or in equity.

Best regards,

This is really ridiculous as I have taken surveys honestly without rushing out. Their message is unclear and makes me hard to understand.

Survey spot was the first ever site that I did a survey for. And I had gotten up to 3600 points and it was a month away from Christmas back in 2010, so I redeemed for a check, and I got the very same answer as you did, saying I violated :shock: terms and conditions and every time I tried to contact them I got the same response over and over, to were they made it that I couldn't even email them anymore :roll: . Any attempt to email them just bounced back so I never was able to contact them again. Because of this, I beleave that is why my account with OO/SSI is froze. :cry:

• 3 months later...

I just tried to cashout on survey spot and I received that same bogus note. I love how they continue to let you do survey after survey but the second you want the money you earned, they pull this crap. I've had issues with them once before but this is ridiculous. I am not letting them keep my 14 bucks. I will not give up emailing them. Even if it takes an email every hour, for a full year. I almost quit them last time I cashed out and really wish I had done that. :evil:

Dear [email protected],

Yoursurveyspot membership has been terminated in compliance with SurveySpot Terms and Conditions. http://www.surveyspot.com/OW/index.aspx ... terID=2323

Best regards,

Survey spot was the first ever site that I did a survey for. And I had gotten up to 3600 points and it was a month away from Christmas back in 2010, so I redeemed for a check, and I got the very same answer as you did, saying I violated :shock: terms and conditions and every time I tried to contact them I got the same response over and over, to were they made it that I couldn't even email them anymore :roll: . Any attempt to email them just bounced back so I never was able to contact them again. Because of this, I beleave that is why my account with OO/SSI is froze. :cry:

That's terrible. Hard to believe some of these companies can be that deceptive, dishonest, misleading and downright hostile. I would have been seeing red. :evil::x

I was pleasantly surprised with SurveySpot. I tried to exchange my voucher for an e-voucher and it wasn't working. I contacted them several times and each time they responded with a different approach to fix the problem. Finally, I figured out how to get the voucher and I received the money. In this case, being persistant paid off. But it impressed me that they didn't give up on helping me.

Most companies have tiers to customer support and I would not be surprised if you received such good service because vouchers issues can be handled by anyone in customer support. Reinstating a member would most likely be done by someone higher up the chain and therefore a more difficult issue to get handled.

I've seen this a lot on this forum where a member or two has great customer support when it comes to voucher issues but others have the opposite experience when it comes to more difficult issues.

I respectfully disagree David22. What about all the time, effort and work put into doing their surveys(some of these people say they have been there for years)and then they treat the person this way? It's not right. If the person does some surveys wrong then fine, send them a letter or email and tell the person what they did wrong and then tell them they are terminated and for what reason and pay them the money that they are owed for the many other surveys they did right. Don't just close the account and ignore emails from the client and pretend they never worked there at all. That's not the way to run a business. It sounds more like a kindergartner that got mad, didn't want to play anymore and threw a tantrum than a business transaction. It's just not right.

Okay, let's go way out on a limb and say that they are just doing their job. Why are they giving us credit for a survey that we sped through, or answered falsely and all the other things they accuse us of?? If we did any of those things, don't credit us for the survey. Once you give us credit, you are saying that we successfully completed the survey. How much are you being paid to pretend that they are good companies?? Probably all the money that they are refusing to pay us! :mrgreen:

Hi wonchangh,

its happened to me several times with them and others. reasons were so-called invalid surveys or too many so-called mistakes. SS dumped me one time. they said i reported them as spam. of which i had no idea what they were talking about unless i hit the junk button by mistake or something. anyways i got reinstated to all of them after finally getting in touch with em.

exactly what had happened to me before about the spam. im certain i hit the junk button by mistake and it wasnt long after that they terminated me. i contacted them about it and they let me back in. which i dont think thats a blessing these days. lol! ive been terminated by few others also but got let back in also.

Dear [email protected],

Your SurveySpot membership has been terminated in compliance with SurveySpot's Terms and Conditions. http://www.surveyspot.com/OW/index.aspx ... terID=2323

Best regards,

Anyway with that being said... You need to file with the BBB right away, if you haven't already done that, also go to ripoffreport.com. I have only had 1 problem ever with a survey and OO was trying to get out of paying me. They didn't freeze my account, but like the response you got, I got pretty much the same thing. The several reason as to why "you might" BS of violating the terms crap. Here is the thing I am trying to get at and the reason you will have a good case if you file with the BBB, because they don't have any proof what so every of you violating the terms. That is why they gave you several excuses as to "it might" be crap. So if you take this argument to the BBB, like I did, and point out the fact that they Survey Spot are giving you the "might have" violated the terms thing, then you will almost certainly get your money! BBB saw my case with OO and they saw threw the Scam that they were trying to pull. When OO gave their version to BBB, they of course gave the multiple reasons as to why I "Might have" violated the terms. It comes down to this, if you are a survey company or some other company and you are claiming that the person violated the terms, then you better have the ONE reason why. Not the "it might" be one of several things BS. This of course gives the company Zero credibility!