Toluna 3,000 Point Survey

Chelsea

For 155 minutes! I actually laughed out loud when I saw this. Unbelievable. Why I can't wait to spend 2 hours and 35 minutes of my day for $1.00, thanks Toluna. :x

Just thought I'd share that.

For 155 minutes! I actually laughed out loud when I saw this. Unbelievable. Why I can't wait to spend 2 hours and 35 minutes of my day for $1.00, thanks Toluna. :x

now get this though!!.. i just checked to the home page to check on a survey...1,000 points(33 cents) for a 111 minute survey!! LOL(sarcasticly) !!!!! what can i say?!!!

now get this though!!.. i just checked to the home page to check on a survey...1,000 points(33 cents) for a 111 minute survey!! LOL(sarcasticly) !!!!! what can i say?!!!

Wow. I thought the one I posted was bad and it is but sheesh. I agree, what can you say? Just ridiculous.

I saw this too. Thought I needed new glasses. When you call Toluna, you get one woman who doesn't have any answers. What a mess that company is now!

I agree, what a mess.

Dear All,

Seeing the amount of points and time allocation you guys are discussing we have a strong feeling this survey was posted in error. If you have any other insight into the title or (even better) the survey number we will remove it as soon as possible. We would never intentionally post a survey that lasts anywhere near 155 minutes! The vast majority of our surveys are 30 minutes or less and we strive to make sure that none (or very few) last longer than 45 minutes. In addition, these longer surveys are typically compensated with higher point rewards. We hope to hear from you soon. Thanks and have a nice day.

Cordially,

Ed

Toluna Support Team

Yup, asinine but hardly a shocker if you've been in this business for a number of years. If any reward offered from any site doesn't pay me a minimum of $1 per 15 minutes I delete it. I happily delete nearly half of the Toluna survey invitations that come my way based on that rule. Toluna is banking on our ignorance. Don't fall for it.

Dear All,

Seeing the amount of points and time allocation you guys are discussing we have a strong feeling this survey was posted in error. If you have any other insight into the title or (even better) the survey number we will remove it as soon as possible. We would never intentionally post a survey that lasts anywhere near 155 minutes! The vast majority of our surveys are 30 minutes or less and we strive to make sure that none (or very few) last longer than 45 minutes. In addition, these longer surveys are typically compensated with higher point rewards. We hope to hear from you soon. Thanks and have a nice day.

Cordially,

Ed

Toluna Support Team

Ed,

First of all I would like to say that I do appreciate you responding here. I do not have the survey number. I did the first few questions out of curiosity to see what the survey was about but I screened out quickly so I didn't get to see for sure what it was about (and I don't recall the title).

I did take a screenshot but I didn't end up saving it as I wasn't planning to contact Toluna about it. Frankly low paying surveys are par for the course. I'm glad to see that these surveys were most likely errors; I hope that's true. I don't know how your system works on your end but I would imagine that you guys could find this survey without us giving you the number or the title. If not I know that there are others that got the survey from reading posts on Toluna as well as another discussion board so I bet someone has it.

It's true that most surveys I get from Toluna are around 30 minutes so I'll give you that. The level of compensation, though, is not much better on average than the one I posted. I posted about the 155 minute survey for 3,000 ($1.00) because it's so outrageous, but the compensation that Toluna currently offers for many of its surveys that are not "errors" is not much better.

For example, here's one I just got that is apparently about "Beverages" that is 30 minutes for 2,000 points which works out to about 67 cents. That's better than the 3,000 points for 155 minutes "error" but lets be honest, it's not that much better.

It should tell Toluna something when people don't think that a survey for 3,000 points for 155 minutes is an error but just the company going further down the tubes. In all fairness, Toluna is not the only company for which this is a problem, however, I'd argue that they are certainly one of the worst. I know you probably don't set the level of points for surveys, but hopefully this gets back to someone who does (I doubt it).

Dear All,

Cordially,

Ed

Toluna Support Team

I dropped you guys over 2 years ago. You are nothing more than a Scam Company. I remember I had about 15 surveys that I successfully completed and even took screenshots of it saying that I Successfully completed them. When I sent you all the proof, you guys just balked and claimed I didn't complete them. After having to go through the BBB, I finally got my points. When I went through the BBB to get my points, which your company tried screwing me over one, your company had an F rating with the BBB. But that was 2 years ago, so not sure if it has changed or not. But given the MULTIPLE Complaints I see on here I highly doubt it has gone higher than F rating. Then I got tired of all the 30 minute surveys for like 50 cents worth of pay!

Given the Multiple Complaints I see on this forum and the BBB F rating that have, high highly doubt that you are sincere in what you posted. When I was in high school I took a business class. In the course of that class we learned of what happens with just 1 unsatisfied customer. For every 1 unsatisfied Customer 10 people will hear about it. Those 10 people told 3 people about the bad experience. So those 33 people told 1 person about the bad experience that happened. So in about a total of 76 people have heard about their bad experience. I took this class in 1990, so I might be off a little, but I think I am close to how many people here of the Bad Experience. So with just 1 person having a bad experience and all the people that hear about it, you could imagine the number of people that have heard about it will ALL of the complaints combine!

But yet your company has posted here before at addressing complaint and responded to the BBB on the complaints. But your company has YET to make ANY changes to their pay and practices. So that all being said, the logical thing is your company is a Scam!

Also one other thing I would like to add! If Pinecone can pay you $3.00 for a survey no madder if it is 10 minutes or 30 minutes and if you test out a product for them you get an additional $3.00, then why can't you guys pay like that? Plus they pay you though Pay Pal the very next day! None of these 60,000 cashout BS for $20 like you guys have! So why don't you pay like that? Would love to here the excuse you give for that one! :D

• 1 month later...

Also one other thing I would like to add! If Pinecone can pay you $3.00 for a survey no madder if it is 10 minutes or 30 minutes and if you test out a product for them you get an additional $3.00, then why can't you guys pay like that? Plus they pay you though Pay Pal the very next day! None of these 60,000 cashout BS for $20 like you guys have! So why don't you pay like that? Would love to here the excuse you give for that one! :D

Well we obviously now that Toluna pays attention to this forum and makes post. So I find it kinda funny that they have not answered my questions. I guess this just proves that they are a Scam because they are afraid to answer this question?

Well we obviously now that Toluna pays attention to this forum and makes post. So I find it kinda funny that they have not answered my questions. I guess this just proves that they are a Scam because they are afraid to answer this question?

I don't think they're a scam. Their support services are questionable and their rate of compensation abysmal, however, that doesn't make the company a scam just a poorly (in my opinion) run company.

I do find it interesting though that they can't be bothered to come back in here. Ed (the support rep) said "We hope to hear from you soon" over a month ago but didn't bother to come back here himself. Well, he or someone else may have come here to read the responses (doubtful, but maybe) but didn't find it important enough to respond back.