Always be upbeat

QWERTY

Sad to say it appears you have to tell survey companies the product in question is the most wonderful product on the planet if you want the offered reward, regardless of your honest opinion. Over the years I've provided honest, sometimes negative responses to product reviews. Wasn't a problem until around six months ago. That approach of late has gotten me bumped out of survey after survey, sometimes after spending 20, 30, 40 minutes on a review. It's an unfortunate trend for an ever increasing number of companies. No doubt, it's all about their bottom line.

There are exceptions. One that stands out is Pinecone - not at all surprising. I am honest, sometimes brutally so, about the products up for review. I have never been been DQd for offering a negative review in the 4 years I've been with them.

I actually did a survey through Ipsos that was through Toluna (follow that? heh.) and was negative all the way through and I was not dq'd (obviously) and was still sent out a product sample to review. And that review was also pretty negative and I received the full amount of points.

I have been dq'd after giving a negative opinion, but I'm inclined to think that in some cases the survey is looking for people who already have a positive opinion OR the a ton of other negative people got to the survey before me. I always answer the surveys I get honestly since that's what I agreed to do and I don't want to spend a bunch of time doing a survey about something I don't like.

Sad to say it appears you have to tell survey companies the product in question is the most wonderful product on the planet if you want the offered reward, regardless of your honest opinion. Over the years I've provided honest, sometimes negative responses to product reviews. Wasn't a problem until around six months ago. That approach of late has gotten me bumped out of survey after survey, sometimes after spending 20, 30, 40 minutes on a review. It's an unfortunate trend for an ever increasing number of companies. No doubt, it's all about their bottom line.

There are exceptions. One that stands out is Pinecone - not at all surprising. I am honest, sometimes brutally so, about the products up for review. I have never been been DQd for offering a negative review in the 4 years I've been with them.

I agree with you -My honesty has made me lose out on a lot of money.However if they want dishonest answers then go elsewhere ,at least I can live with my conscious.