Paypal--Good or bad?

jenlloyd2005

Paypal... good or bad?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Paypal... good or bad?

• Good
    • Bad

Paypal Sucks! I sold a Michael Jordon autographed poster on Ebay for $650.00. I was paid via Paypal. A couple of days after taking my money out (Luckily) I was admitted into the hospital for a blood clot. When I got out two weeks later I found out my Buyer claimed I never sent the poster (which was verified by U.S. mail that they received it) so I was charged back the $650. I complained to Paypal and they said the Terms and Conditions stated I only had ten days to respond. So, I was out $650 even though I could prove that the poster was sent and that I was in the hospital. Paypal? Absolutely only cares about the money, cares nothing about people.

Guest Anonymous

Pay-pal is good and secure for the MOST part but they set limitations on my account for the last 2 weeks. When I transferred money from my bank to them they needed a bank statement, proof of address, Social Security address and a photo ID. I did all that except a bank statement because ORGINALLY I wasent told to do that but now I have to and it's being a hassle to get my limitations off and I am still restricted to use it until I get some sort of bank statement. They tell me this a week later. I think the reason is because during the intial time of transferring my money from my bank to them I lost my debit card and had to cancel it and get a new one with a new number.

I was skeptical at first .Now that I have been with them for about 2 1/2 months I like it .I just transfer the money to my own bank acount and thats that .

• 5 months later...

I've ben with paypal for several years, both as a consumer and as a merchant, and I've never had any problems. There are some fees that are kind of annoying, but most banks charge similar fees nowadays anyhow. My favorite aspect of paypal is that they have a debit card you can have linked to your paypal. You can use that instead of having to transfer money to a bank account. And since it is a mastercard, it can be used anywhere, even online with places that don't take paypal.

Never had a problem with them, but be careful what type of internet business' you get involved in as they are quite strict with many MLM type operations. If you do use these companies Alertpay is the safer option.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had great results with paypal, but like jellyfish, I immediately transfer/cashout when I reach $5.00, and sometimes even less than that. I did receive $25 from mypoints & as soon as it hit my paypal acct, I took all but a $1 out. Better safe than sorry. It takes me too darn long to get what little money I do earn to run the risk of losing it.

• 3 months later...

Paypal is a great option to have. It allows payments to come quicker and you can view a log of payment history to keep track of your payments over time to see how you have been doing. The wait time is quicker. It's better to receive your funds instantly than wait the few weeks that it takes to receive a check and there are less complications.

• 4 weeks later...

PayPal is great, like Jellyfish, I've transferred as little as a dollar to my personal banking account. As for e-Bay horror stories, I haven't heard any. My daughter's boyfriend has been selling very steadily on e-Bay for a year. He has had a lot of money put into his PayPal account, transferred immediately to his personal bank account w/o any problems.

I did drag my feet on signing up for an account, only because I don't like giving account numbers to anyone. When I first started doing surveys, most of the sights I was finding only paid via PP, and I lost out. I do like the fact that I do not have to deal with taking a check to the bank, my bank holding it before they credit my account to make sure the check is good. It comes down to what each person feels comfortable with.

I have had some fraudulent emails in my spam supposedly from PP, notified them and both times PP Security Dept responed immediately, emailed me with updated info on what was going on, and each employee I've spoken with has been respectful, happy (must be a good place to work lol,) answering all my questions.