staying logged in

avemaria

am i the only one that can never stay logged on to the site? even when i click the 'remember me' button, i can never come online without having to sign in.

clicking that keep me logged in is how my valued opinions account got hacked into and they recommended that i not do that to prevent it from happening again, just FYI

Very good advise :)

i don't care this this account gets hacked :P

If they hack this account of yours they could hack the rest!! You should be concerened about all accounts that you may have!! Don't leave an open door.!!

i don't care this this account gets hacked :P

If they hack this account of yours they could hack the rest!! You should be concerened about all accounts that you may have!! Don't leave an open door.!!

This is very good advice. Nearly all accounts for any website requires a few things:

1.) username

2.) password

3.) valid email address

4.) security questions if you forget your password

If ANY of that information overlaps between sites and one of your accounts is "hacked", then it makes it easier to find and get into the rest of your accounts.

• 1 month later...
am i the only one that can never stay logged on to the site? even when i click the 'remember me' button, i can never come online without having to sign in.

I'm having the same problem. Have looked everywhere on here for an answer and this thread is the closest thing I can find. Every other forum I'm on or have ever been on keeps you logged in if you click the box Keep Me Logged In.

So, this is on purpose because of hackers?

I'm having the same problem. Have looked everywhere on here for an answer and this thread is the closest thing I can find. Every other forum I'm on or have ever been on keeps you logged in if you click the box Keep Me Logged In.

So, this is on purpose because of hackers?

Not so far as I can tell. Please contact the Administrator so they can work on fixing it. :)

Thank you. I will do that now. I am also not receiving any email notifications from this forum. I will also ask about that too.

Thank you. I will do that now. I am also not receiving any email notifications from this forum. I will also ask about that too.

Email notifications?? :shock: What email notifications, :shock: there are email notifications?? :roll:

Yes. Like when someone replies to a thread that you have replied to or a thread that you have created yourself you will get an email notification each time this happens. Every forum I've ever been on is like this and I am on a lot of forums. LOL

It really helps in keeping track of where and what you have replied to so you can keep up with the conversation.

• 4 months later...

so they hack my account here and get my valid email adress.. then they have to get by google security to hack my email.. we should have the option of staying logged on.. it's overkill having to log on multiple times per day here.. if i'm dumb enough to use similar passwords on all my accounts then it's my problem.

I had forgotten about this thread. I did receive a response from the Administrator here on April 27th. It apparently isn't on purpose like some in this thread suggested. I agree it's inconvenient though avemaria.

Re: Staying logged in

Sent: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:46 pm

To: deanseven

Hello deanseven,

There does seem to be a problem with staying logged in - apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are looking into the issue.

There is a bug with the email notifications that we are also looking into. Thanks for your patience and making us aware of the issue.

Best,

SurveyPolice admin