New Panel - SaySo for Good

Administrator

We have just listed a special survey panel on SurveyPolice - SaySo for Good.

The purpose of the panel is to take surveys for charity - every survey completed earns you a donation to a charity. If you don't make financial contributions to charities, you might consider answering a few questions and make a donation this way instead.

You can rank SaySo for Good here if you are already a member: http://www.surveypolice.com/sayso-for-good.

Or, become a member of SaySo for Good (link works in USA only).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry I'm so leery of companies who say it goes to charity.I hear so many horror stories on the news about the dishonesty of companies that I cant bring myself to do them.If there was a way to prove that the money really goes where it's supposed to then I would think about it.

I agree with foot. I know that some of the charities their spokes people make high 5 digits low 6 digits because what they are is trained spokes people who do nothign else but preach the qualities of that charity. I hate to say it but a small percentage of gifts ever get to the people who need it. I find that my money through our local chapter does very good and they give updates I can look and see what percentage or what percentage they say goes where.

I stay away from any charity that makes any solicitation off tv. The money that buys the tv time comes off donations and what right do they have to throw 100's of thousands millions to promote and beg for money.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry I'm so leery of companies who say it goes to charity.I hear so many horror stories on the news about the dishonesty of companies that I cant bring myself to do them.If there was a way to prove that the money really goes where it's supposed to then I would think about it.

I agree. I used to play a game where they donated to charity in two ways - either a portion of the proceeds from items you could buy or straight donations of in-game currency. As the game began to go downhill they STILL had the note up that they donated to charity though it was quite obvious that they were no longer donating as they could barely cover the costs of their handful of employees and the servers required to run the game. Users contacted some of the charities and they had not received donations in almost two years.

As nice as it would be to do surveys to donate to charity, I think the BEST and SMARTEST way to donate to charity is to give either your money, items you no longer need, and/or your time directly to the cause/s you support. There are sites out there to help you research HOW charities spend their money so you can make the best decisions possible.

I would think that if you have the time and ability to do online surveys, you likely have better means of donating to charity than taking a lot of time to do a lot of surveys that may or may not payout to the charity of your choosing.

• 1 month later...

Check with your State Attorney General or your Secretary of State to see if a charity is registered in your state. I retired from the Ohio Attorney General with my last 9 years working in the Charitable Law Section. Each state differs just slightly on charitable organizations/foundations registration and reporting requirements, but should have a telephone number so you can check to see if a charity is registered, in compliance, under investigation, complaints filed, and percentage spent on the charitable purpose. In Ohio .60 of each $1.00 should go to the charitable purpose but I've seen as little as .10 of each $1.00 going to charitable purposes. Some states have charities IRS returns online for public viewing which is very enlightening.

Hope this helps.