Survey's received and amount offered to do them

footfree

So tonight I got a survey from Epoll and they want me to watch a 43 minute survey on a tv show.The pay is 1000 points.I start thinking I really don't even know how much that is.I know 3500 points is equal to $5.00 so I did the math and realized they are paying 3.50 for a 43 minute video then I have to fill out a survey.No way I'm doing all that for that much money.Survey Savvy 15 minutes survey pay is .50 cents.My survey 30 minute survey, pay 150 points (that's not even a whole $1.50).I have to wonder how many fools are out there doing these surveys?I'm mean really people how low can they possible go?I wish a news station would get a hold of the pay they are giving people and do a expose on them.They should be made to pay minimum wage like any other company in America pays.I don't care if I would have to pay taxes on the money I earn ,you do know we are supposed to be turning in our earnings for any money we make?It's just if we make over $600 from one company that they by law have to send you a 1099 to file with your taxes.I wonder what they would think or do if we were to send letters to our local Congressman saying how unjust we think they are?You know the government needs money? Maybe they would regulate these companies better if they knew more about their practices.Just wish I knew how to go about doing this and or writing out a formal letter and to whom I was to mail it to.Anybody know?

So tonight I got a survey from Epoll and they want me to watch a 43 minute survey on a tv show.The pay is 1000 points.I start thinking I really don't even know how much that is.I know 3500 points is equal to $5.00 so I did the math and realized they are paying 3.50 for a 43 minute video then I have to fill out a survey.No way I'm doing all that for that much money.Survey Savvy 15 minutes survey pay is .50 cents.My survey 30 minute survey, pay 150 points (that's not even a whole $1.50).I have to wonder how many fools are out there doing these surveys?I'm mean really people how low can they possible go?I wish a news station would get a hold of the pay they are giving people and do a expose on them.They should be made to pay minimum wage like any other company in America pays.I don't care if I would have to pay taxes on the money I earn ,you do know we are supposed to be turning in our earnings for any money we make?It's just if we make over $600 from one company that they by law have to send you a 1099 to file with your taxes.I wonder what they would think or do if we were to send letters to our local Congressman saying how unjust we think they are?You know the government needs money? Maybe they would regulate these companies better if they knew more about their practices.Just wish I knew how to go about doing this and or writing out a formal letter and to whom I was to mail it to.Anybody know?

I'm completely with you there. If someone should happen to know who/how/were I will do my part. just give us the info. :roll:

if i have to claim what they give me then they should have to pay me minimum wage.. $1 for 20 minutes is hardly the minimum. I'm not paying a tax on something I don't make the minimum on.. I believe that's illegal just as much as if i was an illegal working the farms... It states in their rules i am under no contractual relationship with the company as an employee.. so if the government wants to have a piece of me being an 'employee' from one of these companies.. it has to back me up being paid minimum for my time.. which means the $600 pretty much should be around $1500 or so.. i guess i'm pretty much done with OO and surveyhead then.. i should hit the mark in a few months on both of them.

if i have to claim what they give me then they should have to pay me minimum wage.. $1 for 20 minutes is hardly the minimum. I'm not paying a tax on something I don't make the minimum on.. I believe that's illegal just as much as if i was an illegal working the farms... It states in their rules i am under no contractual relationship with the company as an employee.. so if the government wants to have a piece of me being an 'employee' from one of these companies.. it has to back me up being paid minimum for my time.. which means the $600 pretty much should be around $1500 or so.. i guess i'm pretty much done with OO and surveyhead then.. i should hit the mark in a few months on both of them.

I agree - we are by law to turn over any earned income to the IRS.All you have to do is read up on it.There's even a law that if you visit another state and buy a item and return home with it that your supposed to claim this on your taxes.Okay lets say Florida charges 7.25 % tax and Texas has 8.25 % your supposed to pay the extra 1% to the IRS.My husband does our taxes and explained this to me.Now a lot of people don't know about this law and don't claim it on their taxes.Why do you think companies are mad at Amazon for not charging sales tax when they have to.Look at the millions of dollars the government gets screwed on from them not charging a sales tax.I mean it's great for us but hey if other companies have to pay their taxes why not Amazon?I love Amazon I'm not going after them it was just a comparison thought.I ended my time with Surveyhead over a year ago and OO when it was taken over by SSI.I'm not going to fight with them every time I turn around to get my money.

the subject, or part of it, of amazon paying taxes was in one of the recent surveys i did.. i guess to see if they should be seen as a box store nationwide due to the amount of volume they do..

but yeah, pay me minimum wage.. turn the $600 into the $1500 that it's worth and i'll gladly pay even 20% tax.. imagine that.. even with 20% tax on $1500, it's still double the amount at $1200 compared to the $600 they give me now below the minimum.

Survey #: 32682

Survey Length: 15 Minutes

Reward Amount: $0.50

this is my point.. this is b*llsh*t... if they expect me to pay taxes on $2 an hour they're crazy.. if the government has a problem with my small earnings here then tax the survey company.. because i'm not making enough to be taxed on.. but granted, if i do enough of these surveys in a year i'll take in $600.. but what's the hourly rate?..