Low paying surveys

peach6

I have been getting a lot of low paying surveys lately by low I mean 50 cents for 15 to 30 minutes.I have only been doing them because I read on this forum that those are the ones that you may get a PT from but so far that has not been the case I don't want to be a sucker and keep doing them is there any way you can tell?

I have been getting a lot of low paying surveys lately by low I mean 50 cents for 15 to 30 minutes.I have only been doing them because I read on this forum that those are the ones that you may get a PT from but so far that has not been the case I don't want to be a sucker and keep doing them is there any way you can tell?

unfortunately no.. most that i have received say at the end that the company wants to send a product, which leads to another payout..

:shock: Don't be suckered into believing all that. It's a ruge to get you doing the cheep surveys :roll:

peach6, if you continue to take these survey for peanuts, you and others like you are making it even harder for the rest of use to try and even make chump change taking surveys!!!

i was just telling from experience though.. they set up product tests or focus groups and the initial survey is basically the screener.. every one i've gotten has been like this. They pay a small amount for the intro survey.

I find the PT and forum ones are usually 5 to 10 mins for a low amount. I think we are seeing a lot of small incentives because people are getting frustrated and doing them. It's too bad really because the survey panels will start sending out more low paying and why not - it's to their advantage - they make more money on their end and still get results to send to the client. :(

I find the PT and forum ones are usually 5 to 10 mins for a low amount. I think we are seeing a lot of small incentives because people are getting frustrated and doing them. It's too bad really because the survey panels will start sending out more low paying and why not - it's to their advantage - they make more money on their end and still get results to send to the client. :(

That may be true but in the long run the clients are getting false info because of the low pay I hear here that they just click any old answer. :shock:

That's what I was going to say.It's the 5 to 10 minute ones that have the PT's.Peach not only are you doing a disservice to yourself but others by taking those 15 to 30 minute surveys for 15 cents.The only people your helping out our these multimillion dollar survey companies.

yeah but they aren't kidding anyone.. the quality of data is reflective of the amount they're willing to pay.. i'm not clicking an extra 15 boxes on a page if it's not worth my time.. so instead of many different products, only a few, or one gets credit for being in my home.. which means my results aren't typical.. and their client isn't getting a true result as to what I buy for my home.. but it doesn't matter to me.. i finished the survey and gave them what they 'thought to give me' for my time. They talk about quality for their 'clients'.. but they aren't willing to give us quality to give that quality to them... they're treating us like illegal farm workers without green cards and expecting 5 star treatment.. i'm not here for quality... like the illegals,, i'm here for the money.

That may be true but in the long run the clients are getting false info because of the low pay I hear here that they just click any old answer. :shock:

this is just what i wrote before i even saw your answer.. i know by now how to get through a survey, what will cut me off for time and whatnot.. it's not worth it to me to click more if i don't have to.. and the box that comes up wanting me to describe something in detail? ya, forget it..

what's good is at least one survey company will read this and realize their results are sh*t because that's what they treat us as..

Thank you for all your responses it really got me to thinking about the low paying surveysI will have to be selective now and if I don't think it's leading into a pt or focus I will just end it because ir's not worth my time or putting enough money in my pocket to make it worthwhile.I don't want to be played for a sucker.

I had one the other day, and on the last page, they ask about "the survey experience." From the questions, you could tell what company had contracted for the survey. Anyway, where they ask if you have any further comments, I put in "Ask the survey company you are paying for this information how much they are paying respondents for the data." I don't know if that bit will get to the company, but at least it was a try. It was a My View that I tried to DQ, but unfortunately they must have wanted my demographic, even if the data was sh*t.