GTM Pillow case study

fiestyvermin

GTM had one of their affiliates send me a pillow case to try out for 2 weeks. I read the inserts but with work and everything else I forgot when I was supposed to mail it back. Today I get a email from GTM asking me to mail the pillow case back, no mention of the survey number or anything else. So I look at the envelope and realize that according to the insert that the pillow case was supposed to be mailed back no later than 4/13 to receive the money. I am disgusted that GTM sends me a email asking me to mail something back past the date that is mentioned in the invite. I am totally sure it was their intent trying to cut down on their amount of payouts.

I wouldn't doubt it.Are you the one that made the original post about this PT?If not someone else made a post on this in General Discussions a while back.About how they send this to you for 2 weeks -and not to wash it and they give you $5. for doing so?I was just wondering what happened if they did this PT.

it was me.. i did it and almost missed the ship back time also because i started a week late.. but with all respect due, it's not GTM's fault.. all they do is give us the study.. the directions were clear on when to send it back. GTM didn't have to send an email at all saying to send it back.. maybe they have a grace time is why they sent the email.. because their study is nothing without all the participants doing it.

it was me.. i did it and almost missed the ship back time also because i started a week late.. but with all respect due, it's not GTM's fault.. all they do is give us the study.. the directions were clear on when to send it back. GTM didn't have to send an email at all saying to send it back.. maybe they have a grace time is why they sent the email.. because their study is nothing without all the participants doing it.

Yep, you are right..You need to read the instructions and abide by the guidelines. GTM did nothing wrong here

GTM had one of their affiliates send me a pillow case to try out for 2 weeks. I read the inserts but with work and everything else I forgot when I was supposed to mail it back. Today I get a email from GTM asking me to mail the pillow case back, no mention of the survey number or anything else. So I look at the envelope and realize that according to the insert that the pillow case was supposed to be mailed back no later than 4/13 to receive the money. I am disgusted that GTM sends me a email asking me to mail something back past the date that is mentioned in the invite. I am totally sure it was their intent trying to cut down on their amount of payouts.

No--this was your fault--You even stated one of their "affiliates"--knowing it was a 3rd party that sent it to you..I back up everyone when they have a legitimate claim, but this is your fault and GTM does not owe you a dime if you missed the deadline. How can we complain to survey companies if we treat their guidelines like garbage?

You said "I read the inserts but with work and everything else I forgot when I was supposed to mail it back"--What exactly do you think GTM would say to their host company? That She/he forgot when to mail it back, because with work and everything else they were too busy? That is not fair to GTM.

• 2 weeks later...

When I get a PT, I always keep the packing materials and information together in a safe spot and make note of when I need to return something. I also place reminders in a few places and set my cell phone to give me an alarm so I keep track of stuff. Perhaps such a system will help you in the future?

I agree with the others that this is NOT the company's fault, but yours. Yes, its a bummer that they didn't send you an email sooner but they were not obligated to send you a reminder at all.

just for the record, they paid the study on GTM yesterday

2012-04-25 15:34:50

Other non-survey related

100 MPs for successfully completing the Pillowcase Study.

We appreciate your participation(RB)