Thats What I Think?

LizzieAnn

Does anyone have an opinion on thats-what-I-think.co.uk? I have 2500 worth of points with them, as they are quite generous and pay about 500 points per fairly infrequent survey. However the only options open to you for redemption are donations to charity! At this precise moment in my life charity begins at home and for 1500 points you can get a £5 amazon voucher but it says that "this option is currently unavailable" - I wonder if this means you can get them later? No reply to my email.

Anyone any experiences to relate with them please?

LizzieAnn

Hi LizzieAnn, I'm signed up with them but have never had a survey invitation. Prompted by your post I logged in to my account to be told that my account has been disabled :? To make matters worse, there doesn't seem to be any way of contacting them. A bit suspect in my opinion :evil:

Thanks very much for that xp - my difficulty was not that I was not getting any survey invitations (although I must say they are few and far between and often seem to be a copy of the OTX surveys about cinema and entertainment) but that every time I had accumulated a decent amount of points which I thought were enough to cash in, I ended up looking at their "reward catalog" and finding that the reward I was after was just out of reach - in other words, they put up the amount of points you needed to get a decent reward or disabled the option altogether, just leaving you with a charity donation as an option - one wonders if the money really would go to charity - I have emailed them on three separate occasions with absolutely no reply.

Anyone else had any experience with actually being paid by them?

LizzieAnn

Out of interest, have you got a contact e-mail address for them? I asked them for my password and received a prompt reply from [email protected]. I then e-mailed them back at that address asking why my account was disabled. The message was bounced :x

I then found another address [email protected] and resent the message. That was bounced too :evil:

Looking at the reports, it appears that my messages were routed to [email protected]. Well Troyresearch is a company based in the US and appears a genuine marker research company offering facilities for anyone who wants to set up an online research panel website. There are lots of contact details so I might do somemore digging regarding thats-what-i-think.co.uk.

Will keep you posted.

Interesting information, thanks, do let me know the result of your digging. I have never had any emails bounced back and have always used the contact information on the site to contact them. Despite not having emails bounced back, I still have not received any replies, though.

Interesting, I just completed another survey for a different company in the "thats-what-I-think.co.uk" format!!! That was rather topical, dont you think?! :roll:

The email address I used was the loyalty one, the same as yours. Its [email protected] but I have never had a reply.

Good luck with your research

LizzieAnn

• 2 weeks later...

Well so far I've drawn a blank. Despite several e-mails to troyresearch.com I have not had the courtesy of a reply regarding thats-what-i-think.co.uk :cry:

At least the website is still active and hasn't been pulled so maybe there's hope that sometime in the future you'll be able to redeem your points. I'd still like to know why my account has been disabled though........ :(

I just did a survey for them for 100 points and my total points are now 2600 but when I went to the site it says I can have an Amazon voucher worth £5 for 1500 points - "this is temporarily unavailable"!!!!! grrrr...I know how you feel, active!!

I wonder what we can do now?

• 1 month later...

I just wrote a strongly worded but polite email to their address and lo and behold this came back to me -

I apologize for the inconvenience; there are currently no prizes

available but we are in the process of replenishing the catalogue and

simply waiting for the vouchers from amazon. Please check back

regularly as the vouchers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Thank you,

Sophie

Hey, what do you think? I go back every day now and in hopes that I will be able to cash in soon!

LizzieAnn :D

• 2 weeks later...

It has finally happened. I logged in on 28th December and the Amazon option was available. I had 3100 points and I got £5 amazon for 1500 points then it was emailed instantly, so, as I was on a roll I went back and got another one, and got the two amazon codes instantaneously.....do go along, anyone who has a points balance and see how you get on....good luck and let me know how you get along.

LizzieAnn :D

Well that's very good news LizzieAnn :) I've given up with them. Never had a satisfactory response to my login problem. Not bothered as I haven't had an surveys :cry:

May I take this opportunity to wish you a happy and prosperous new year.

thanks for your kind seasonal wishes active....hope you have had a very happy Christmas and will have a prosperous and happy New Year.

I suppose you have tried logging in through IE? I can only log in when I go in through the opinion points section. I take it you have tried that?

Take care

LizzieAnn

They've still got Amazon vouchers available as I got one yesterday. Must admit to being impressed by the speed I recieved the voucher in, less then 1 minute.

Just wish they did more surveys though.

Hi they don't have all the vouchers on offer all the time. I contacted them some time ago and apparently they order so many of each voucher in every few months so you have to be quick and grab a reward you want as soon as you see it. I have had 2 Amazon vouchers off them in the last month so they are legit. Hope this helps.

that is interesting, George, and good to know why the Amazon option disappears every so often. I suppose as a small survey company they have limited funds, maybe? I never really doubted their legitimacy I think, it just seemed odd for an option to disappear like that.

LizzieAnn