PINECONE

peach6

I am a little disappointed in Pinecone I emailed them a few days ago just to ask them why I am not getting the surveys through my e-mail I just happen to go on there site and would see that I have a survey and they never got back with me.

i just checked the site and i have an open survey i didn't get an email for yet also.. i usually get emails.

but this survey was too short so i doubt there is payment for it

I think they are getting weird. I just signed in, and had two 3001 surveys listed (the kind you don't get paid for). I haven't had a real survey from them since the beginning of February, so I sent them an e-mail last week and asked if I had been "purged." I received a standard "you will hear back from us in 48 hours" response, and haven't heard anything yet. And yet my account is still there and there were the two 3001 surveys listed.

I sure hope this is not a sign of bad things coming. :cry:

The link actually shows up hours before the email is sent. probably you posted here before you checked your emails.:):)

But 10 out of 10 times they do send an email.

3001 s are only for profile updates and they dont pay for it and these 3001s are short ones too.

However i agree with you guys, its been a while i got any surveys. I got some 6 of them last month and none in the last month.

I emailed them yesterday after I'd had trouble logging in to upate my profile. I assumed I must have been making a mistake with my login details and so I asked them for a reminder. They emailed back quite quickly - though they did not trouble themselves to address me by name, just a standard once-size-fits-all response - to tell me that they had "deactivated" me.

Now I can't deny that this is a private, profit making company and if they decide to change the demographic profile of their panel membership, it is their right to do so. The manner in which they treat their panellists, however, is unacceptable. It's a while since I encountered a company as rude and dismissive as this one. Avoid, is my advice. After all there are much better paying companies out there anyway.

After all there are much better paying companies out there anyway.

And which ones might that be?

The ONLY problem I've seen people have with Pinecone is that they frequently fail to notify people when they drop them. However, for the regular payout and low amount of trouble, I'd say Pinecone is awesome. I'd LOVE to know if there are other panels out there that pay directly after you complete a survey without requiring you to have earned a certain amount before you can actually claim your earnings.

I prefer earn a 25$ survey from a not so awesome site than 3$ from an Awesome site.

Pinecone is the best when it comes to payouts but very poor in survey frequency. I dont think they have enough client base built.

One - two surveys a month is not good enough for a survey company ranked number 1.

I'd love it if they would send out more surveys, but I just can't beat the fact that I get paid per survey without having to do anything more than take the survey. No points. No waiting until I've got the right amount to "cash out." I earn the money and it's mine.

Pinecone is part of Nielson so my guess is they have a rather large client base - especially since they regularly prune their membership. I would think it's probably more likely that they aren't getting as many companies willing to pay that much per survey given the general downturn of survey companies (and the economy).

I'm curious now to find out what everyone thinks is their #1 company. I think I'll have to make another thread. :mrgreen:

I love visiting the bank with my $3 checks every few weeks. Tell the tellers they are ROYALTY checks for a song I wrote! :P