Angry UK GlobalTestMarket (GTM) User!

gohan2091

Here is my email to GlobalTestMarket which explains my problem:

I've been participating in GlobalTestMarket surveys for a couple of years now (I'm in the UK). I've successfully received two cheques in the post from you averaging £35 each. These went sent to my home address of xxxxxxx. On 24th August 2011, I redeemed 1270 Marketpoints. I was told the cheque would arrive to my home address between 6 - 8 weeks.

I waited 9 weeks but no cheque arrived. I contacted you and you agreed to send another. About 9 weeks later, still no cheque arrived. I contacted you again and you said:

Hi,

Our effort to send payment for the second time to the address on file has been

unsuccessful. Per company policy, members are required to have a deliverable

address and we will make up to three attempts to deliver payment. If payment

does not arrive after the third attempt the funds will unfortunately be

forfeited due to an undeliverable address.

At this time, please provide an alternative address of a friend, relative or

work address and we will make the final attempt to mail the payment.

Thank you.

--

Best Regards,

Victor

The GlobalTestMarket Team

On 26th February , you made a third attempt of sending the cheque. This time I provided my grandparents address of xxxxx. I was told the cheque would arrive between 6 - 8 weeks. It has now been over 8 weeks and still no cheque.

My home address has not changed in 20 years and I can ensure you this address is deliverable as I receive international mail all the time without fail. I can also ensure you that my grandparents address is also deliverable. My personal information on your website has not changed since I joined.

You said you would forfeit my earnings if a 3rd attempt fails. This is not acceptable to me because this is a fault of your own. I have searched the Internet and I have read stories of other GlobalTestMarket customers who have received their first two cheques fine but the third does not arrive after numerous attempts. I believe you are telling me that you have sent a cheque when you have not.

I am a loyal member to you and I am extremely unsatisfied of how I have been treated. I have spent many hours each week on your website. You have taken my opinions, used it to your benefit and then threaten to forfeit my earnings because you cannot ensure payment is delivered. Surely you realise that the previous cheques you supposedly sent me have not been claimed?

I currently have almost 2000 Marketpoints stored on my account but I am not going to redeem these until my previous Market Points have been redeemed successfully. I would like to request an alternative payment method. BACS bank transfer or Paypal would be suitable. I understand you do not pay members using these methods but I think you owe me this for putting me through this amount of frustration.

If you cannot help me, please can I have the contact email address of a senior staff member of GlobalTestMarket.

Regards

I just had a reply from them:

Hi,

We have confirmed that payment has been sent to you on 3 separate occasions.

Per company policy, we make up to 3 attempts to deliver payment before the

funds are forfeited due to and undeliverable address. No further attempts will

be made at this stage.

--

Best Regards,

Victor

The GlobalTestMarket Team

What can I do now? I am so angry with this survey site! All the time and effort I put into them and for what? Please can someone help?

i don't know what to say.. they're slow as molasses delivering checks but for me they've always come.. i've cashed out about 10 times since 2009.. 3 so far this year. If the address is in your profile i don't get the problem. The only thing is to contact the Better Business Bureau and see if they can do something.

They must have a set time they send out checks because my last one was cashed out March 21 and i got the check last week and it was dated April 23rd.

But i don't understand why they can't get with the program and send by paypal if requested.. it would cost them less to pay the 2% charge than to send a check 3 times.

Please see this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... 083&page=2

The poster is me. I have solved the issue with GTM, it was partially my mistake for not realising that the cheque was already deposited in October 2011! GTM are to blame too for saying they will send the cheque to me twice more without letting me know that it was already deposited.