Opinion Outpost Amazon Never Available

Whatatay

I am getting fed up with OO. Amazon is always unavailable, survey invites for no points, and lies about survey length that are sometimes 3 to 6 times longer than the email states.

I recenly emailed them about the free surveys telling them they should be honest in the email invites and say "No Reward". I don't take them unless they show a reward amount but it is just the idea that they are trying to trcik people into taking them. There response was that other companies design the layout of the surveys. I wasn't complaining about the survey layouts, I was complaining about the email invites.

This is getting to be a dishonest survey company and I thing a BBB complaint from all of us is in order.

i rarely get invites from them.. the majority i do are from the actual site itself by clicking the take a survey button.. but i don't do them for nothing either.. sometimes i'll click in to see what it's about because often those types lead to product tests or communities..

I emailed them today asking them to remove the Amazon rewards icon from their website since they are never available. Also told them I heard they were taken over by Survey Spot who pulled the same thing by making their webstore permanently "temporarily unavailable" so people had to get a verified PayPal account which allows PayPal unrestrcited access to empty your bank account at any time for no reason.

... people had to get a verified PayPal account which allows PayPal unrestrcited access to empty your bank account at any time for no reason.

This isn't true. The only time PayPal "empties" a bank account is if someone is accused of scamming another person - then PayPal takes the amount of money in question and HOLDS IT until it is proven that you are not trying to commit fraud. This is GENERALLY limited to people with EBAY accounts and who throw up DONATION buttons on their websites. The only way they can "empty" an account is if your paypal account is empty and only have the amount they need to hold in your bank account and not a penny more.

Of course, it can also happen if you have a weak password and someone manages to get into your account. But that can happen with ANY online account. :)

The MAJORITY of paypal users do not have to worry about this happening to them.

For concerned users: If you have two bank accounts you can attach one to paypal and then clear out paypal to that account and then transfer it again to another account.

• 4 weeks later...
... people had to get a verified PayPal account which allows PayPal unrestrcited access to empty your bank account at any time for no reason.

This isn't true. The only time PayPal "empties" a bank account is if someone is accused of scamming another person - then PayPal takes the amount of money in question and HOLDS IT until it is proven that you are not trying to commit fraud. This is GENERALLY limited to people with EBAY accounts and who throw up DONATION buttons on their websites. The only way they can "empty" an account is if your paypal account is empty and only have the amount they need to hold in your bank account and not a penny more.

Of course, it can also happen if you have a weak password and someone manages to get into your account. But that can happen with ANY online account. :)

The MAJORITY of paypal users do not have to worry about this happening to them.

For concerned users: If you have two bank accounts you can attach one to paypal and then clear out paypal to that account and then transfer it again to another account.

You are totally wrong. There are no laws covering this. Giving them access to your bank account allows them to withdraw any and all money from it at any time for any or no reason. Consumer advocate Clark Howard has covered this. Do a search on Google and see that they have done it. Sometimes by "mistake", but the fact is they can do it. They don't need permission to remove funds. That's why debt collectors ask for bank info and tell you they will only take out $25 a month, Then they clean out the account.

If you have direct deposit from the company you work for, they can deposit as well as remove money from your account.

The fact remains, giving them access to your bank account allows them to empty it. You can argue whether they will or not, but the fact is that legally can and it is not considered fraud. Please do your research before giving out false information.

Here are just a couple examples of where they took money from someones account -

http://www.epinions.com/review/finc-Financial_Services-Online-Bills-PayPal/content_65898188420?sb=1

http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/560243-paypal-took-money-out-my-friends-bank-account-without-permission.html

and the ever famous http://www.paypalsucks.com/ with such topics as "PayPal snatched the money right out of my account", "They simply take the money, whenever they feel like it", "How can PayPal get away with what they do", and "Happy buyer files Chargeback and now my account is Frozen",

As far as ethics, Paypal and Ebay don't have any. That's why they allow scammers to send the wrong items and then make the victim pay to ship them back. That's why when I was ripped off and never received an item, Ebay investigated and said they couldn't do anything. I did my own research and found the person was a college student living with her dad. I sent a postal letter to her dad telling him what she did and that if I didn't receive a full refund I would file a report with their local police and take out an ad in the college newspaper saying what this woman had done. A week later I had my refund. And guess what, the woman was back on Ebay selling things and Ebay had the balls to email me saying that matter has been resolved.

Do you want to trust your bank account to them?